Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Any sign or word of the arcade opening back up?
I have also been interested in this-I did ask on the Swan and Dolphin thread about their game room, and was told it was open. So when grandson needs his game fix, at least we can walk over there-

Last edited:
Ice cream news!!

The Beaches and Cream to-go window is relocating to the Boardwalk and opens on the 20th (barring any complications). All the usual favorites will be there under new names.

They are taking over the Ample Hills location to do this and the ice cream will be available weekdays(M-F) 3-10 and weekends(S/S) 12-10.

Has anyone staying over at the BWV seen any activity going on there?
Good to hear something going into that spot. We miss Ample Hills, the ice cream product there was so much better than Beaches and Cream in my opinion. And much more creative...

Pretty sure B & C used to be Haagen Daz. I know it used to be a little better than what they have now. But I guess I’m low class when it comes to ice cream, 🙄 because I think it’s fine.

Wasn’t a fan of Ample Hill either. I prefer plain basic flavors... not the multiple flavor mash ups they had.

Edit: goggled Salt & Straw. Nope.

Last edited:
omg - this is great news!!

On a completely different note . . . we just had to switch our BCV villa reservation to a BC water view. I will definitely need to do at least one load of laundry while we are there - I looked on the BC map - it looks like there are two laundry rooms near the Tidal pool (quiet pool closest to EP). Does anyone know if these laundry rooms are open? Thanks!
Both laundry rooms are open. One is physically in the resort itself on the first floor just inside from the Tidal pool and the other is adjacent to the pool itself bordering the path around Crescent Lake.

Pretty sure B & C used to be Haagen Daz. I know it used to be a little better than what they have now. But I guess I’m low class when it comes to ice cream, 🙄 because I think it’s fine.

Wasn’t a fan of Ample Hill either. I prefer plain basic flavors... not the multiple flavor mash ups they had.

Edit: goggled Salt & Straw. Nope.
A long time ago—back when YC/BC first opened, I think beaches & cream was Hershey’s ice cream and it was much better

My daughter is said a couple weeks ago that one of her cm friends was recalled to work there. So I think it is legit.

I was not questioning whether or not it was legit, just wondering if there was a blog post to accompany it. I linked her report on the News board so others can see it, was going to attach it to the blog post, if there was one. Thanks 👍🏻

Does anyone know how to override the a/c at BC? All the instructions/videos I’ve found have buttons different then the room thermostat. Ours does not have an “on/off” button

I was not questioning whether or not it was legit, just wondering if there was a blog post to accompany it. I linked her report on the News board so others can see it, was going to attach it to the blog post, if there was one. Thanks 👍🏻
Gotcha. I haven’t seen anything else official about it either. Would be nice to see if No Way Jose is one the menu since it wasn’t at the takeout window. But since someone here said its opening and it backs up what I previously heard, I can officially be excited!👏🏻

Both laundry rooms are open. One is physically in the resort itself on the first floor just inside from the Tidal pool and the other is adjacent to the pool itself bordering the path around Crescent Lake.

That's great! Thank you! If it's not too crowded, maybe we'll just go to the Tidal Pool and do laundry at the same time! Makes laundry a little more fun :)

Can you get the No Way Jose at the window? What about non ice cream food like fries?

I guess I don't set my standards too high when it comes to ice cream. The No Way Jose is one of my favorite foods on property. I can't wait to eat one on my trip this August.

Last edited:
Can you get the No Way Jose at the window? What about non ice cream food like fries?
Right now the Window at Beaches & Cream is closed. It got to congested since they were using the SAB gate just across from it as the only entrance to SAB.

Stay tuned it may reopen by the end of the month with the BC.

Dave

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter