• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

With the return of Epcot Forever, which my family has never experienced before, can someone please give me some suggestions on how we can "tackle" this mission? What time do we need to be in the park? Where in World Showcase should we view this show? What's the advantage for us as guests staying at YC?
This is my least favorite part of the trip - to wait to see the fireworks.

TIA!

If you are watching the EPCOT fireworks from YC/BC, is the better view from the bridge/walkway heading towards EPCOT or up closer to International Gateway?

With the return of Epcot Forever, which my family has never experienced before, can someone please give me some suggestions on how we can "tackle" this mission? What time do we need to be in the park? Where in World Showcase should we view this show? What's the advantage for us as guests staying at YC?

TIA!
There are plenty of good spots to experience the fireworks in World Showcase. First off, make sure you have a park reservation for Epcot for the day or days you want to see them. If you have a hopper and plan on hopping to Epcot after another park reservation then make sure that you actually went to that park that you had the reservation for. Okay, housekeeping out of the way.
The advantage for guests staying at YC is ease of entry and exit via International Gateway. I would say that there's no specific time that "you have to be in the park", however if you're looking to secure a railing spot then you'll have to invest some wait time to get there 60 - 90 minutes before the show.
Note that there are several prime areas all around world showcase so in my opinion you really don't need to be in the front.

Some of our favorite viewing areas include the bridge between UK and France, the steps in Canada, and a spot over by the Japan pavilion.

Last edited:
If you are watching the EPCOT fireworks from YC/BC, is the better view from the bridge/walkway heading towards EPCOT or up closer to International Gateway?
The most popular spot outside of Epcot/IG is the bridge between BC and BW. Other than that, the further away you are from IG the better the view [ie. the beach are adjacent to SAB].

TIA!

Well, in normal times I view the Epcot shows as a bit idiot-proof in terms of any sort of plan. With so many viewing options from nearly everywhere around the lagoon, it's generous to those that just "wing it" in terms of a location.

Now if you want to be right on a railing or in a specific spot, you want to be more aggressive in timing, get their early, etc. But I don't really think that's required as viewing is good from many spots even if you're not right up on a railing.

The only specific thing I'd recommend is try not to be downwind. The wind can be blowing in any direction, but seems like it is often blowing towards Canada/England. If you get a muggy night and the smoke lays low/slow moving and you're downwind, it can mess up your viewing a bit. This isn't a must in my opinion, just something to maybe avoid if you have the time to move around.

For whatever reason I tend to be around Japan / US. I guess mainly because I like the beverage offerings around there, but Japan has some nice sightlines around and bigger areas to move around.

The advantage for you as a YC guest is being able to walk right out the Int'l Gateway when it's over, right past the growing line of Skyliner passengers. You'll be sipping a drink at HH or back in your room while the majority of Epcot guests are still messing with transportation home.

Granted with pent-up fireworks hysteria and whenever the new show debuts, all of the old "easy to wing it" rules may not apply. :goodvibes

This is probably a dumb question about the nighttime show at Epcot, but here we go - in the prior show, you were supposed to look at that huge ball thing in the middle of the water, and if you could see it you were supposed to understand what the images on it meant. That's why people wanted a spot by the railing - so they could see it. (If it were just a fireworks show, it wouldn't matter if people were standing in front of you because you would be looking up.)

Frankly, it never made any sense to me so I didn't care if I could see it.

Does anybody know what we are supposed to look at now? I would think that the higher up it is, the less need there would be for a good spot to watch the show, and this would mean people staying at YC/BC would be able to get a better view without going into Epcot.

Does anybody know what we are supposed to look at now? I would think that the higher up it is, the less need there would be for a good spot to watch the show, and this would mean people staying at YC/BC would be able to get a better view without going into Epcot.
For Epcot Forever - I liked being able to watch the jet skis pulling the kites around the lagoon. So I would find spot where I can see the water. :) I don't know what changes they made have to make to avoid running into the huge structures that are now in the lagoon.

For Epcot Forever - I liked being able to watch the jet skis pulling the kites around the lagoon. So I would find spot where I can see the water. :) I don't know what changes they made have to make to avoid running into the huge structures that are now in the lagoon.

I need to find where I read it, but I think I read Disney confirmed the jet ski / kite part would not be returning given the new Stargate obstructions in the lagoon.

We checked in Monday and it’s great to be back! Spent time at the pool yesterday and it wasn’t busy at all. It had closed for lightning in the afternoon, but we had no trouble getting a table when it reopened. We’re somewhat far from everything at the end of the DVC villas, but it’s quiet and we got a patio, which I prefer to the balconies because it seems less cramped.

FYI, order a Sunken Treasure and you might get billed for a Purple Hooter.

Attachments

• E50E79BC-73FD-4547-B603-A58EE202B1DD.jpeg
    E50E79BC-73FD-4547-B603-A58EE202B1DD.jpeg
    47.1 KB · Views: 46
Also, the WiFi has been pretty bad. I’ve turned it off for the most part and used data instead. I did get a boarding group for ROTR, so that was great! Turned off the WiFi on my phone, did a few speed checks to see where coverage was best, and got boarding group 65.

Last edited:
I believe I saw a post where you could order a burger or chicken strips from the servers at SAB, but now I can’t find it. Can anyone confirm?

Currently booked at Pop for 10 nights but stalking BC. Nothing is available for my dates currently. I'm willing to pay rack rate :faint:. BC is my favorite resort!

We are finally achieving some normalcy 😀.We arrive in 9 days hurray! Are both drink refill stations available for walk up and Just walk up and fiIl ourselves? Hurricane Hannah’s and the Marketplace?
also, can we just walk up an order at the marketplace or is it still mobile order only?

On the last day of vacation, can you still bring your luggage to have it sent home or do you have to bring it yourself to the airport?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter