Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I just managed to snag 2 nights in a club level Standard view for only a little more than what I was originally paying for a regular garden view room. I don't care about views at all so I'm excited, especially since now we don't have to figure out where to eat on our MNSSHP night. Three questions:

1. How is the wifi in the Regatta club lounge? I was thinking we could pop in early and make ourselves coffee, then book our Genie+ reservations while waiting for them to put out the breakfast spread right at 7am. But if the wifi is spotty in the lounge I'll hang back in the room to book our LL and send my DH and kids ahead.

2.What do they have for kids/vegetarians during the evening appetizers? My eldest is a pretty strict vegetarian but he'll happily eat veggies or mac n cheese, but I'm noticing with most of the menus all the hot apps seem to have either meat or fish. If I put in a request in the morning, can they bring him something else in the evening?

3. Do they offer to-go bottles of water and any snacks we can throw in our park bag, like Uncrustables, Goldfish crackers, or whole fruit?

Thanks!

@ofcabbagesandkings for lunch it looks like they do have uncrustables, fruit and and to-go snacks like cookies and chips.

We will be there for the first time in less than two weeks now and my daughter is vegetarian so I am also wondering what they will have for her.

For the LL, I would suggest turning wifi off and using your phone data. When I was at BW in January I was up for 7 to start booking but the app kept bugging out on me until I switched off the wifi. Nice way to start the Disney day 🙄

Last edited:
Just got back from our first stay at Yacht Club, and while we had a nice time there, I do kind of regret not sticking with Beach Club! We switched to save money (almost $500, which I am still very happy about for sure), but the shower was awkward and we would have preferred a tub/shower combo. You had to stand in the shower to turn the water on and even when I tried to switch the water to the handheld part, I still kept getting sprayed with cold water from the main showerhead lol. And the shelf for toiletries was tiny and slanted so hardly anything fit on it and I dropped shampoo bottles several times. Not the end of the world or anything, but still!

Also, our beds were so creaky! We kept waking each other up when someone would get up at night for the bathroom, because getting in and out of the bed caused super loud wooden creaking/cracking sounds. I haven't had this issue at any other resort -- could just have been our specific room, but both of the beds were just so loud. 😆

I’m still trying to settle on the best room configuration for our party and I have some questions.

1. Are the studio rooms in BCV 2 queen beds, or a queen and a sofa bed?

2. If we book a 2 bedroom, does the second bedroom have 2 queen beds or a queen and a sofa bed?

3. What is the difference between a 2 bedroom suite and a lock-off 2 bedroom?

Thanks for the help!

I’m still trying to settle on the best room configuration for our party and I have some questions.

2. If we book a 2 bedroom, does the second bedroom have 2 queen beds or a queen and a sofa bed?

Thanks for the help!
BCVs Studio: 1 queen-size bed, 1 double-size sleeper sofa, and 1 single pull-down bed.
BCVs 2 BR lock-off [1BR + Studio]: 1 king-size bed, 1 queen-size bed, 1 queen-size sleeper sofa, 1 double-size sleeper sofa, and 1 single pull-down bed.
BCVs 2BR dedicated: 1 king-size bed, 2 queen-size beds, and 1 queen-size sleeper sofa.

Thanks for the help!

Although PP answered you, I think it through differently.

At BCV the room options are:

Studio:
1 queen-size bed, 1 double-size sleeper sofa, and 1 single pull-down bed (29" x 67" which is smaller than a twin-size mattress which would be 38" x 75")
Sleeps up to 5.
But note that if the sleeper sofa and the pull-down bed are both open, there is very little room to walk around, and these units have very little storage.

1-bedroom villa:
1 king-size bed in the bedroom, 1 queen-size sleeper sofa in the living room.
Sleeps up to 4 if booking for cash.
If booking on DVC points, you can add another person but you don't get extra bedding, linens or towels. You would bring a sleeping bag or an air mattress for the extra person.

2-bedroom lock-off:
This is a studio and a 1-bedroom which are next to each other and have the connecting door unlocked. So you have:
a) bedroom # 1: the studio (1 queen-size bed, 1 double-size sleeper sofa, and 1 single pull-down bed)
b) bedroom # 2: the bedroom from the 1-bedroom (1 king-size bed)
c) the living room from the 1-bedroom (1 queen-size sleeper sofa).
Sleeps up to 9.

2-bedroom villa, which members unofficially refer to as a "dedicated 2-bedroom":
a) bedroom # 1: 1 king-size bed
b) bedroom # 2: 2 queen size beds
c) living room: 1 queen size sleeper sofa
Sleeps up to 8.
If booking on DVC points, you can add another person but you don't get extra bedding, linens or towels. You would bring a sleeping bag or an air mattress for the extra person.

Studios have a kitchenette: sink, microwave, toaster, coffee maker, mini fridge (unless you get stuck with a beverage cooler - please don't start a discussion here of mini fridge versus beverage cooler, there are separate threads for that).

1-bedroom villa and 2-bedroom villa have a full kitchen with sink, microwave, toaster, coffee maker, full size fridge, stove, and oven. They also have a washer and dryer.

If you are booking on DVC points, a 2-bedroom lock-off and a 2-bedroom (dedicated) are different booking categories, they are not preferences in the same room category.

If you are booking with cash, the description of a 2-bedroom villa on disneyworld.com says:
1 king bed and 2 queen beds and 1 queen-size sleeper sofa (which would be a "dedicated")
or
1 king bed and 2 queen beds and 1 double size pull-down bed (I have no idea what that is - a dedicated in which they put the wrong size sofa bed in the living room? This layout is not described on the BCV member website.)

If you see the word "suite" rather than "villa": that means a Disney hotel room, not a DVC timeshare room. I don't have information on suites. There is some information about BC suites on disneyworld.com. Also, if this website is not blocked by the Dis, it seems to have info about suites:
https://www.wdwluxuryguide.com/expe...s/epcot-resort-area/disneys-beach-club-resort

Last edited:
BCVs Studio: 1 queen-size bed, 1 double-size sleeper sofa, and 1 single pull-down bed.
BCVs 2 BR lock-off [1BR + Studio]: 1 king-size bed, 1 queen-size bed, 1 queen-size sleeper sofa, 1 double-size sleeper sofa, and 1 single pull-down bed.
BCVs 2BR dedicated: 1 king-size bed, 2 queen-size beds, and 1 queen-size sleeper sofa.
Thank you!

Although PP answered you, I think it through differently.

At BCV the room options are:

Studio:
1 queen-size bed, 1 double-size sleeper sofa, and 1 single pull-down bed (29" x 67" which is smaller than a twin-size mattress which would be 38" x 75")
Sleeps up to 5.
But note that if the sleeper sofa and the pull-down bed are both open, there is very little room to walk around, and these units have very little storage.

1-bedroom villa:
1 king-size bed in the bedroom, 1 queen-size sleeper sofa in the living room.
Sleeps up to 4 if booking for cash.

2-bedroom lock-off:
This is a studio and a 1-bedroom which are next to each other and have the connecting door unlocked. So you have:
a) bedroom # 1: the studio (1 queen-size bed, 1 double-size sleeper sofa, and 1 single pull-down bed)
b) bedroom # 2: the bedroom from the 1-bedroom (1 king-size bed)
c) the living room from the 1-bedroom (1 queen-size sleeper sofa).
Sleeps up to 9.

2-bedroom villa, which members unofficially refer to as a "dedicated 2-bedroom":
a) bedroom # 1: 1 king-size bed
b) bedroom # 2: 2 queen size beds
c) living room: 1 queen size sleeper sofa
Sleeps up to 8.

Studios have a kitchenette: sink, microwave, toaster, coffee maker, mini fridge (unless you get stuck with a beverage cooler - please don't start a discussion here of mini fridge versus beverage cooler, there are separate threads for that).

1-bedroom villa and 2-bedroom villa have a full kitchen with sink, microwave, toaster, coffee maker, full size fridge, stove, and oven. They also have a washer and dryer.

If you are booking on DVC points, a 2-bedroom lock-off and a 2-bedroom (dedicated) are different booking categories, they are not preferences in the same room category.

If you are booking with cash, the description of a 2-bedroom villa on disneyworld.com says:
1 king bed and 2 queen beds and 1 queen-size sleeper sofa (which would be a "dedicated")
or
1 king bed and 2 queen beds and 1 double size pull-down bed (I have no idea what that is - a dedicated in which they put the wrong size sofa bed in the living room? This layout is not described on the BCV member website.)

If you see the word "suite" rather than "villa": that means a Disney hotel room, not a DVC timeshare room. I don't have information on suites. There is some information about BC suites on disneyworld.com. Also, if this website is not blocked by the Dis, it seems to have info about suites:
https://www.wdwluxuryguide.com/expe...s/epcot-resort-area/disneys-beach-club-resort

Thank you! I appreciate the extra detail with room categories and booking options.

Happy Friday!

Does either resort sell iced-coffee in the morning? Prefer a cold-brew, but doesn't have to be. Staying at Beach but perfectly fine to walk over to Yacht if needed.

More Power Outages to Affect Select Areas of Disney's Yacht & Beach Club This Month

Guests staying at Disney's Yacht Club Resort and Disney's Beach Club Resort next week should keep in mind that, on September 13-14, there will be two additional scheduled power outages affecting several Guest areas around both resorts. As a reminder, Guest rooms, air conditioning, and Wi-Fi will NOT be impacted by these outages.

The planned power outages are currently scheduled to affect the resorts on the following dates:
  • Tuesday, September 13, from 3-4 p.m.
  • Wednesday, September 14, from 3-4 p.m.
During that time, lights will be out in Guest corridors, stairwells, and elevators. Temporary lighting will be available throughout the outages. Additionally, Guests in rooms near the back loading dock and Convention Center may hear noise from a generator from 3 p.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 13 – 4 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 14.

Oh my goodness - I got Disney's worst phone CM this morning trying to book a cabana. I called at the dot of 7 and waited on hold about 30 minutes. When the CM answered I told her I was staying at the Yacht Club and wanted to book a Cabana at Stormalong Bay. She looked up my date and said 2 were available, one at the feature pool and one at the leisure pool. I told her that wasn't right, that all the Cabanas were grouped right together at Stormalong Bay - she assured me that these were at Stormalong Bay. I asked her for the numbers of the Cabanas that were available and she told me the computer didn't give her the numbers. Still a little confused, I told her I would book the one labeled "Feature Pool." She then started reading me from her script about cancellations and what not and she got to a line that said " Check in with the lifeguards at The Contemporary when you arrive". I stopped her and said I didn't want a cabana at the Contemporary and she kept telling me that Stormalong Bay was at The Contemporary. She refused to look into it any further and told me that is what the computer was telling her. I finally hung up.

I then called back and waited on hold again for an hour and got a wonderful CM that knew what she was doing and booked me Cabana #4 at Stormalong Bay.

I know that Disney CMs are either at a call center somewhere or working from home, but they really need to be a little better trained.

Oh my goodness - I got Disney's worst phone CM this morning trying to book a cabana. I called at the dot of 7 and waited on hold about 30 minutes. When the CM answered I told her I was staying at the Yacht Club and wanted to book a Cabana at Stormalong Bay. She looked up my date and said 2 were available, one at the feature pool and one at the leisure pool. I told her that wasn't right, that all the Cabanas were grouped right together at Stormalong Bay - she assured me that these were at Stormalong Bay. I asked her for the numbers of the Cabanas that were available and she told me the computer didn't give her the numbers. Still a little confused, I told her I would book the one labeled "Feature Pool." She then started reading me from her script about cancellations and what not and she got to a line that said " Check in with the lifeguards at The Contemporary when you arrive". I stopped her and said I didn't want a cabana at the Contemporary and she kept telling me that Stormalong Bay was at The Contemporary. She refused to look into it any further and told me that is what the computer was telling her. I finally hung up.

I then called back and waited on hold again for an hour and got a wonderful CM that knew what she was doing and booked me Cabana #4 at Stormalong Bay.

I know that Disney CMs are either at a call center somewhere or working from home, but they really need to be a little better trained.

That’s just unacceptable but this is the state we are in at Disney and I blame upper management for all of it

Not sure what you mean when you say, "I have found a place that I can request a king bed..."

You can call 407-W-DISNEY and give them a room request. Some people pay for a subscription at www.TouringPlans.com and make a room request through them.

If you make a room request through either of those methods, do not make any requests during online check-in.
I made a request through touring plans. com, why would I not reiterate my request at online check in?/ would it not give a better chance of getting it?? I heard it can be dicey/hit or miss if they get the touring plan request?? do you find that a pretty good request generator?

I made a request through touring plans. com, why would I not reiterate my request at online check in?/ would it not give a better chance of getting it?? I heard it can be dicey/hit or miss if they get the touring plan request?? do you find that a pretty good request generator?

Generally: when you make a room request through Touring Plans, you are being very specific about what you want.

Historically: when you make a room request through online check-in, you cannot be specific. You can only choose from very general options -- and sometimes those options don't even make sense for the hotel in which you will be staying. They could be options which apply to a different hotel, not your hotel.

So word here on the Dis is: if you make a room request, either through Touring Plans or by calling Disney, do not make any type of room request at online check-in. If you make a request at online check-in, it will override your previous request.

I personally have never made a request through Touring Plans, so I can't vouch for its effectiveness or lack thereof.

Oh my goodness - I got Disney's worst phone CM this morning trying to book a cabana. I called at the dot of 7 and waited on hold about 30 minutes. When the CM answered I told her I was staying at the Yacht Club and wanted to book a Cabana at Stormalong Bay. She looked up my date and said 2 were available, one at the feature pool and one at the leisure pool.
Did you call (407) WDW-PLAY aka (407) 939-7529 or the regular reservation line?

Dave

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter