Distance between SSR Treehouse Villas

irazabul

Mouseketeer
How far apart are the THV at SSR? We are renting out two of them and requested that they be next to each other because we have a big family.

1) What are the odds the request will be fulfilled? and
2) Is it easy to get from one to the other, since we have kids who may like to visit back and forth?

You might want to Google the area and check it out from above.

Personally I wouldn't stay there in a group, I would prefer one of the other DVC resorts.

:earsboy: Bill

The tree houses aren't laid out in a line. They're arranged to accomodate the terrain, which led to a layout that appears to be quite mish-mosh. There are definitely some that could be considered to be "paired," sharing a common path and within sight of one-another. There are also others that are more secluded and off on their own.

I would simply annotate on your reservation that you want the two villas to be close, and then ask again at the front desk during check-in. If your two villas don't share the same path, you definitely wouldn't want kids going between units on their own. Getting from one section of tree houses to another requires walking along the road. There are no sidewalks along the road, and there's not a lot of room to spare when a bus goes past.

There's a Google screen shot in this post that shows the tree houses.

Just looked it up on google maps - I suppose that is not too convenient.

Any one else have thoughts on this topic (two THVs for a large group)?

I stayed there in a section near the water and I found that my treehouse was near another in the same little grouping. I can't imagine that walking from one to the other would be inconvenient.

I know a request is not a guarantee but I think you would have good luck getting two relatively near one another.

A caution with kids. I know when we walked on the main road with my nephews we needed to be alert to traffic because the internal bus comes through and takes up a good portion of the road.

If you're comfortable with the Treehouse experience, I don't see any problems with that request. There are 60 treehouses so the front desk should have flexibility to put you together. Might not be in the same cluster but perhaps across the road other otherwise close by.

An early check-in would be highly recommended. As long as the request is noted they should see it and take steps to keep you near one another. But restating that request at the front desk certainly can't hurt. If you arrive late and the only two remaining treehouses are far apart, there won't be much they could do at that point.

You can also ask MS to annotate both reservations with "travel with" ... (they may have done so already if you booked both ressies at the same time)...

I annually take my DD and 2 DGKs to Disney, and I never request that we be near each other (we've stayed at OKW, BLT, SSR and BWV)...and they always put us next to each other and note that they've "granted my request" (which I've never made)...

To us, having our villas close to each other is not a big deal (don't mind at all when we are next to each other, but in no way "need" it)...I MUCH prefer ground floor over higher floors, so I usually request that...probably 4-5 (out of 8-9) trips, they've told me that putting us next to each other, "as you requested" (only I didn't) prevented them from giving me a ground floor.

We've always sorted it out and it's never been a "problem"--but I have noticed that making the two reservations at the same time results in an "automatic" Disney-generated request that we be put next to each other...and they've told me (at check-in) that it's because there was a "travel with" note on my reservation...

Good luck!

Just looked it up on google maps - I suppose that is not too convenient.

Any one else have thoughts on this topic (two THVs for a large group)?

We traveled to the THV in February. We had 2 treehouses and requested them next to each other as we had a set of grandparents, parents, and kids in one and another set of the same make up in the other. We put a "traveling" together notation on the reservation and I checked on it SEVERAL times. When we checked in, neither one was ready but the cast member told me they would be within 3 villas of each other. We worried over it, especially when the first one was ready and it was in a little cluster of 3 villas and when we got the other number, it was in the next little cluster down. It was 3 villas away and unless you wanted to walk through the woods, you had to go onto the "road" to get to them.
At first we were worried, but it worked out GREAT! If the kids were older (they were 3, 2, and 1), I would have let them go back and forth while I stood on the deck and watched them. It really is NOT that big of a deal, we NEVER felt like we were isolated from each other.

Hope that helps! If you want specific villa numbers/location, PM me!

I stayed there in a section near the water and I found that my treehouse was near another in the same little grouping. I can't imagine that walking from one to the other would be inconvenient.

I know a request is not a guarantee but I think you would have good luck getting two relatively near one another.

A caution with kids. I know when we walked on the main road with my nephews we needed to be alert to traffic because the internal bus comes through and takes up a good portion of the road.

Exactly. They are grouped in like pods sort of, at least ours was. It'd be easy and a blast to have a large group if they put you near each other. And even if you're a few away; it's not that far.

Have fun! We stayed in the THV last October end loved them.

We've reserved two treehouses on 3 different occasions. In two cases, they were in the same "cluster," but separated by one treehouse.

The other time, we were in this unique little area that only had TWO treeshouses - it was awesome. Our little nephews were so excited, they just kept running back and forth between the two.

As everyone says, requests are never guaranteed - but just wanted to share our experiences.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter