DLP in January

Admiral

Earning My Ears
Visiting DLP in January for first time for 4 nights. Staying at Newport Bay. Looking for any tips on the hotel, places to eat and wat you can do for character dining at DLP. travelling with my DW and 4yr old dd. Any tips much appreciated.

:wave: :wave: Hi! My mom and I will also be at DLP in Jan....13-18 for us. When I was in DLP last year, I had the opportunity to eat at Inventions, and the food and char. interaction were FANTASTIC!!! It is a bit pricey, but well worth it!

You seem to have been a bit ignored! Probably by now you will have trawled through the rest of the forum and got quite a few ideas - but here goes with our experiences ..
We have stayed in January before - the weather has been extremely cold so wrap up well.
We have done character breakfasts each year - they are great fun and at four your child (boy or girl?) is probably old enough to cope with the gigantic size of the characters.
We go to DLP for the food! Blue Lagoon is brilliant - right on the Pirates of the Carribean ride, enough to see to keep any child occupied, and the food has always been good. In Silver Spur steakhouse you can watch your dinner being cooked. Rainforest cafe is fantastic for children (although I have heard that some are scared by the moving animals!) Annettes diner has the roller skating waitresses.
None of these is particularly cheap - what we have done in the past is make our children eat and eat at breakfast, (free) and then book the latest dinner possible, then they starve until breakfast next day. We do get a few snacky things(and drinks) from Auchan at Val D'europe to save money.
The only experience we have of NBC is the bar (!) - which is lovely - we always have a bar crawl around the different hotels!
Have fun!
Liz

Café Mickey in Disney Village is really fun to eat! The food is very good in my opinion (no fastfood) and there are a lot of characters entertaining the younger and older ones ;) At one point, the song "Think" by Aretha Franklin will be played and all the characters, castmembers start dancing with the guests!
You can also have character breakfast over there!

If you want to get some good food in the Studios Park, head over to Rendez-vous des Stars. It's a selfservice restaurant with decent food.

Admiral

worth having a look at the menus and reviews on this site.
http://www.dlpfoodguide.com/

Does your DD of 4 have any special preference for food?

With my troop of 7, 4 and 2 we tend to go to fastfood during the day and table service in the evening for supper.

Regards
Reid :jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter