DLR REOPENING SUPERTHREAD (DL & DCA TBA; VGC POSTPONED; DTD OPENED 7/09/20 & BVS 11/19/20): KEEP CHECKING FIRST PAGE FOR OFFICIAL DLR UPDATES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might actually be a little sad when I'm not on hold anymore and have to stop singing along to the music. (Major Disney props to include Ducktales!!)
Just kidding, at least then I will get to talk to a CM and try to adjust our dates...

Were there any details given out about DTD reopening? Did they say if the disney owned stores will be open on day 1?

I might actually be a little sad when I'm not on hold anymore and have to stop singing along to the music. (Major Disney props to include Ducktales!!)
Just kidding, at least then I will get to talk to a CM and try to adjust our dates...
I thought that yesterday too! Until I heard the loop what felt like 30+ times. LOL.

Paraphrasing - This is a short sample on what you could hear on the four hour long stream of Disney Classics - well, it might take four hours to get through to someone...

When I was on hold for 2+ hours yesterday and kept hearing that, I thought "why don't you play the 4 hours and I can listen to most of it."

I"m not sure which thread to put this in. I think it qualifies as newsworthy, with a source:

1) Provost Parks posted this video an hour ago. And says they will take video down at midnight.
2) They report Get Away Today ticket sales are ending at midnight tonight.

Not sure if reported upthread or in another thread. But thought I would post link. Note they are sponsored or have partnership with GAT.

I"m not sure which thread to put this in. I think it qualifies as newsworthy, with a source:

1) Provost Parks posted this video an hour ago. And says they will take video down at midnight.
2) They report Get Away Today ticket sales are ending at midnight tonight.

Not sure if reported upthread or in another thread. But thought I would post link. Note they are sponsored or have partnership with GAT.

Can you post in the speculation thread as well? I am desirous of speculating 😂

We have reservations through Costco Travel for a September trip, so I called them to make a change on bedding type at the GCH. As an aside, I asked about the tickets associated with our reservation. They of course have no information on the park reservation system and cannot speculate about it. The one thing made clear was that we’d get our tickets at check in. So, unless Disneyland makes some sort of accommodation, we’ll be there with no park reservations.

She recommended we keep checking the Disneyland webpage and parks blog page (we’ll also check here), for updates on the park reservations system. If we’re left hanging on park entry, we’ll have to re-evaluate this trip. This was a rescheduled trip from May and I’d hate to lose the deal we got from rescheduling.

I'm not sure which is the best thread to post this in, so if mods think it needs to be moved, please do!

We have a GCH reservation for July 21-25. Received an email today requesting we call in to update or cancel our reservation. I see that a lot of people are being upgraded free of charge from DLH to GCH. Has anyone been offered any incentives for re-booking that was already booked at the Grand? I really wished we had booked DLH now- haha!

Also, has anyone had any luck using online chat for reservation changes?

I received this from aRes travel today:

Disneyland® Resort Magic Returns July 17th!

Dear Xxxx

Disneyland® Resort will reopen on July 17, 2020, the 65th anniversary of the grand opening of the original Disneyland® Park. NOW is the time to purchase tickets!

Things are going to look a little different, and there will be additional measures in place, including a new reservation system. Guests will need to have a ticket in hand to make a reservation when the new reservation system launches. More to come on this reservation system as it develops.

At this time, Disneyland® Resort has put a temporary pause on new ticket sales on its website. The good news is that we have a short window in which we can still sell tickets. If anyone is planning a visit to the Disneyland® Resort at all in 2020, NOW IS THE TIME to secure those tickets.

Within the next several days, new Disneyland® Resort tickets will no longer be available until further notice. Tickets must be purchased by June 20, 2020. Visits are valid through January 12, 2022.

I received this from aRes travel today:

Disneyland® Resort Magic Returns July 17th!

Dear Xxxx

Disneyland® Resort will reopen on July 17, 2020, the 65th anniversary of the grand opening of the original Disneyland® Park. NOW is the time to purchase tickets!

Things are going to look a little different, and there will be additional measures in place, including a new reservation system. Guests will need to have a ticket in hand to make a reservation when the new reservation system launches. More to come on this reservation system as it develops.

At this time, Disneyland® Resort has put a temporary pause on new ticket sales on its website. The good news is that we have a short window in which we can still sell tickets. If anyone is planning a visit to the Disneyland® Resort at all in 2020, NOW IS THE TIME to secure those tickets.

Within the next several days, new Disneyland® Resort tickets will no longer be available until further notice.
Tickets must be purchased by June 20, 2020. Visits are valid through January 12, 2022.
Wow that's a long expiration period! Awesome!

called first thing this morning got right through. I was able to move my DLH August 10-12 concierge’s reservation to GCH concierge.( I wasn’t sure if concierge was going to be available.) all of my previous discounts/Perks were applied. Nothing was said about my park hopper tickets. I assume we Will hear later about those. The cast member also thought DLH would not open until October 1 Because of renovations.
I do see the concierge level rooms available now. I called yesterday and they didn't have any and like you my reservation for DLH was concierge level and got cancelled. I guess im calling again tomorrow...

Last edited:
No, they are definitely not doing that for everyone because I mentioned we are celebrating my daughters birthday and son's graduation and nothing was added. I'm fine with that, getting bumped to the GCH is exciting as it is.
Oh wow! I would’ve been just as happy with standard, we’ve always wanted to stay at GC.

They are likely to be required at Disneyland if the union recall notifications look the same as they did for WDW. The recall info specifically contained language that masks would be required to be worn by guests.
I agree and as I posted above, people planning to travel to places outside DLR will need to double check before their trip dates to make sure about the mask requirements in OC, different cities in OC, in L.A. County, and in SD County -- always expect the stricter requirements (if they are less strict, at least you'll already be prepared), just to be on the safe side, and always double check before traveling.

I'm not sure which is the best thread to post this in, so if mods think it needs to be moved, please do!

We have a GCH reservation for July 21-25. Received an email today requesting we call in to update or cancel our reservation. I see that a lot of people are being upgraded free of charge from DLH to GCH. Has anyone been offered any incentives for re-booking that was already booked at the Grand? I really wished we had booked DLH now- haha!

Also, has anyone had any luck using online chat for reservation changes?
See the post below, from page 3 of this thread, for someone who had reservations at the GCH and received an incentive.

Called to cancel our July 16-19th GCH reservation and have them apply the $50 night re-booking credit to our, previously booked as a back up, July 26-29th GCH reservation. I got through with no wait at 11:15 am (AZ time or PDT).

The restaurant reservation system used to say 30 restaurants with no availability and now says 9 restaurants with no availability. All actual restaurants everywhere in the DLR previously listed are gone and only the "experiences or packages" are listed. I hope this means that they are preparing the system for re-launch soon!

Sad they didn't open the hotel on the 16th as first anticipated, but the back up trip on the 26th should see a bit more things opened to enjoy. This is especially true if hours and attractions in the parks are limited. Now we wait for dining and park reservations....
Mike

Disneyland’s Safety Measures have been updated on the site and app. Masks required:

• Enhanced Protective Measures: We will require mandatory face coverings for both Cast Members and Guests, with the addition of hand-washing stations and physical barriers, where appropriate.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/experience-updates/
Thank you for this -- I've updated the first page.
It will be interesting to see what they say about age requirements. I expect it to be age 2 and up like it is at WDW, but it would be helpful to see it clarified in print on our coast.

It will be interesting to see what they say about age requirements. I expect it to be age 2 and up like it is at WDW, but it would be helpful to see it clarified in print on our coast.
I also found that interesting. Perhaps they’ll follow the CDC age guideline which I believe WDW had to do for reopening approval when they quietly amended from age 3 to age 2.

I had a very similar experience. However, because we booked a package (through Costco) and not a hotel room directly with Disney, we had to be transferred to the package department to get this to work. The people at reservations for the hotel seemed very confused by our request so YMMV. Just keep trying!
I have DLH reservations and haven't gotten any word ... I guess I need to call in and see if they will change to GCH for no additional cost. Actually kinda bummed because I love DLH and we are staying at VGC in October, but if they'll give me GCH for no addition cost can't complain too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter