DLR REOPENING SUPERTHREAD (DL & DCA TBA; VGC POSTPONED; DTD OPENED 7/09/20 & BVS 11/19/20): KEEP CHECKING FIRST PAGE FOR OFFICIAL DLR UPDATES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure which is the best thread to post this in, so if mods think it needs to be moved, please do!

We have a GCH reservation for July 21-25. Received an email today requesting we call in to update or cancel our reservation. I see that a lot of people are being upgraded free of charge from DLH to GCH. Has anyone been offered any incentives for re-booking that was already booked at the Grand? I really wished we had booked DLH now- haha!

Also, has anyone had any luck using online chat for reservation changes?

I was booked at PPH for 7/16-7/19 and had a $50/night credit from previously cancelled reservations. They moved me to 7/23-7/26 still at PPH and I kept the $50/night credit and they gave me an additional 30% off each night!

I was booked at PPH for 7/16-7/19 and had a $50/night credit from previously cancelled reservations. They moved me to 7/23-7/26 still at PPH and I kept the $50/night credit and they gave me an additional 30% off each night!
I’m happy to see DLR doing right for their customers! It’s especially nice to see after the way WDW is treating those who got cancelled. Night & day. (WDW stopped their rebooking discount months ago and anyone with cancelled dates who wants to book new dates has to pay rack rate and can only pick from Fort Wilderness Cabins or Disney Vacation Club properties.)

Disneyland’s Safety Measures have been updated on the site and app. Masks required:

• Enhanced Protective Measures: We will require mandatory face coverings for both Cast Members and Guests, with the addition of hand-washing stations and physical barriers, where appropriate.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/experience-updates/
Thanks, I knew it was coming, but I was just waiting for the formal announcement before requesting our AP refund. Soooo sad how this has all turned out. Guess we'll bank our DVC points in hopes the mask restriction is lifted so we can use them ourselves instead of renting them out next year.

See the post below, from page 3 of this thread, for someone who had reservations at the GCH and received an incentive.
Thank you. If I remember correctly, they have re-booked their trip many times and I believe they originally had a reservation at DLH. :)

With the new DL app update, the pyro bursts over the Castle have been removed from the opening screen. Sad; I enjoyed watching the bursts. Bursts have also been removed from the WDW app.

As far as reservations - do we know yet how far in advance and if you can book more than one day at a time?

Update: I called this morning and was upgraded to a concierge level at GCH with no additional cost. They still gave me my $50/per night credit and $50, gift card. So, I am extremely happy with this outcome. I originally booked DLH concierge level which got cancelled in May and I rebooked for DLH which also got cancelled and rebooked GCH as a standard room since at the time there was no concierge level rooms available. The first CM I spoke with was rude and didnt want to do anything for me so, I called back a few minutes later and talked to another CM and received pixy dust. I didn't treat the CM any other way but with respect and kindness so, it definitely paid off.

Update: I called this morning and was upgraded to a concierge level at GCH with no additional cost. They still gave me my $50/per night credit and $50, gift card. So, I am extremely happy with this outcome. I originally booked DLH concierge level which got cancelled in May and I rebooked for DLH which also got cancelled and rebooked GCH as a standard room since at the time there was no concierge level rooms available. The first CM I spoke with was rude and didnt want to do anything for me so, I called back a few minutes later and talked to another CM and received pixy dust. I didn't treat the CM any other way but with respect and kindness so, it definitely paid off.

geeez, talk about discrepancy between CMs. glad you got your pixie dust on the GCH room.

that’s confusing because I thought it was established procedure to move DLH reservations into GCH and that first CM did not follow that?

geeez, talk about discrepancy between CMs. glad you got your pixie dust on the GCH room.

that’s confusing because I thought it was established procedure to move DLH reservations into GCH and that first CM did not follow that?
The first CM I talked to was willing to move me to a woods courtyard view at GCH which I felt didn't compare to the concierge level I originally booked at DLH and was told the room lay out and size was the same as standard so, why pay extra money? So, I decided on the standard. But I read on here concierge level was available now... atleast I'm finally getting what I wanted so I'm very happy. Now I have to worry about gaining admission to the parks...lol one issue down one to go. :)

As the pp said, concierge level rooms did not become available to book until after people started moving their reservations over from the DLH. The pp only noticed that the concierge level rooms had opened up at the GCH because she read about it here. So keep reading this thread for up to date news! It can pay off! :)

With the new DL app update, the pyro bursts over the Castle have been removed from the opening screen. Sad; I enjoyed watching the bursts. Bursts have also been removed from the WDW app.
Oh you're right. How sad.

Some news from the Speculation thread (pg. 60), regarding APs for international passholders whose countries currently have closed borders due to the pandemic:

Sorry appears I mis-read what had been said, yes they are willing to do a partial refund based on the amount of time they were closed, so looks like essentially 4 months. But as of now there is no separate protocol for International Passholders that’s any different. So as it stands our passes will become valid again based on the information they will release soon, and not later than that if the border remains closed. I think it’s probably worth an email into some senior CM’s just to get it on their radar. I don’t need a refund of any kind but I do think it would be right to extend my ticket to the date when the border reopens.

Some information about reservations for HKDL from the Speculation Thread (pg. 61):

I got a reservation for Hong Kong Disneyland reopening on June 18th. No idea if the process will be the same for California but just for reference of what it may be like:
  1. login. code sent to email
  2. captcha and enter annual pass details
  3. select date and get confirmation email
Only ONE reservation is allowed for annual passholders at a time so annual passholders will only be able to go once per week assuming all the reservations get taken. Looks like they will have a one week rolling window for reservations...
More information from the same poster:
"A bit more info about HKDL. There was zero notice for AP reservations. Official channels announced the reoopening at about 10AM this morning (15th of June) and then emails went out to AP holders about an hour later by which time there was already people in the online queue for reservations. Regular ticket holders will be able to book starting tomorrow at noon. Eventually it becomes 7 days in advance for ticket holders and 8 days in advance for AP. The system doesn't have a way to enter that you're a hotel guest and the phone line was busy all day so I couldn't check if hotel guests get any priority..."

No one has said that this applies to DLR. This is just factual information about HKDL's reopening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter