DLR REOPENING SUPERTHREAD (DL & DCA TBA; VGC POSTPONED; DTD OPENED 7/09/20 & BVS 11/19/20): KEEP CHECKING FIRST PAGE FOR OFFICIAL DLR UPDATES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got my cancellation email for Lamplight Lounge on June 29 I didn't have the heart to cancel it and was waiting until a few days before.

Hello xxxxx

In keeping with our focus on the well-being of our Guests and Cast Members during these rapidly changing times, Disneyland Resort remains closed until further notice. While we appreciate you making plans to visit, unfortunately, we needed to cancel your reservation due to the temporary closure. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Your Cancellation Confirmation Number is xxxxxxxxxxxx

Reservation for 1 on 6/29/2020

Lamplight Lounge

1:00 PM

Reservation Contact Name xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Contact Email xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Contact Phone Number xxxxxxxxxxx

You will not be charged for any cancellation fee and all pre-paid reservations will be refunded within 30 days. We apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you for your understanding.

I already posted this in the community forum, but in case anyone has reservations at the DLH, here is my experience:

I just got off the phone. Was on hold 2 hours and 5 minutes...I really don't mind that at all and was expecting to be on hold much longer.

We had a deluxe room booked the DLH. They upgraded us to a deluxe room at the GCH for no additional cost. The CM did note that it would take some time to adjust the pricing because they have to submit paperwork for them to honor the lower price from the DLH. I checked and yes, our reservation changed to the GCH and yes, the pricing is higher still. So I will just keep an eye on it to make sure it adjusts back to the lower pricing.

I am very pleased with this outcome, although still bummed about not being at the DLH. We stayed for one night last year the DLH and wanted to go on the pool slides, but they were working on them and we couldn't. We booked this year to have an entire day at the pool! LOL. I guess someday I will be able to use the monorail slides! ;) Good excuse to take another trip!

Has Disney said anything about extending the expiration dates for Multi-day tickets because of the closure? We were supposed to arrive on July 5th, but that's toast. I pre-purchased tickets via Undercover Tourist and they have a posted expiration date of Jan 12th. Christmas isn't an option for us to retry and reschedule, but Spring Break might work. I know that Disney has announced extensions for paid-in full APs because of the shutdown, but I haven't found anything regarding multi-day tickets that people already have in hand.

Has Disney said anything about extending the expiration dates for Multi-day tickets because of the closure? We were supposed to arrive on July 5th, but that's toast. I pre-purchased tickets via Undercover Tourist and they have a posted expiration date of Jan 12th. Christmas isn't an option for us to retry and reschedule, but Spring Break might work. I know that Disney has announced extensions for paid-in full APs because of the shutdown, but I haven't found anything regarding multi-day tickets that people already have in hand.
They have not extended the expiration dates of those. Latest updates here The tickets will hold their value if you go after they expire and you will be able to use that value towards a current ticket.

I have seen reports of UT refunding tickets so if you want the cash back I'd hit them up and see if they'll refund you. Fwiw WDW extended their ticket validity so if you wait a few weeks maybe DLR will follow suit?

Unfortunately, at this point they haven't extended expirations. I'm still hopeful that they will make that move, but as of now, you'd have to pay the upgrade to use them during spring break.

2.5 hours later and I am moved from the DLH to GC for our August trip. Once I got to the right person it was very straight forward and easy. They kept the $50 per night room credit from when we had to switch from June to August. I wasn't sure if we would end up going in August due to the limited offerings, but I will never be able to stay at GC for this low of a price again. I have a couple of months to make the final decision.

2.5 hours later and I am moved from the DLH to GC for our August trip. Once I got to the right person it was very straight forward and easy. They kept the $50 per night room credit from when we had to switch from June to August. I wasn't sure if we would end up going in August due to the limited offerings, but I will never be able to stay at GC for this low of a price again. I have a couple of months to make the final decision.

Wait....what? Are they moving people from DLH to GCH? I know they didn't mention any opening date for DLH yesterday...did I miss something?

We have a reservation for end of August at DLH...got the re-book special back in March...5 nights with a 4 Day Ticket package...

I was on hold for 3
Wait....what? Are they moving people from DLH to GCH? I know they didn't mention any opening date for DLH yesterday...did I miss something?

We have a reservation for end of August at DLH...got the re-book special back in March...5 nights with a 4 Day Ticket package...
DLH is closed until October 1st. They are supposed to send out emails giving you an option to move as your reservation is being cancelled but alot of us called and held on the line for hours to get moved before GCH sells out.

And this is why I love the DIS Boards....

Thanks for the info GenGen22!

Guess I'll be calling DTC tomorrow...

I called today too and was on the phone for 2 hours and 20 minutes, with about 45 minutes of actually talking time. I had two separate reservations for July, one had to be canceled outright, since it was for July 16-18th. The second reservation for 2 weeks later we got moved to the Grand for a cheaper rate than we paid for DLH, and got $50 resort credit per night! Woohoo! I haven't stayed at the Grand since their opening year (we are Harbor hotel people normally!).

I would assume so since you’re still having to change your reservation based on them and not your own doing. Let us know what happens!

And yes, the price they quoted me for the PPH was not much lower than I originally booked my DLH stay for, so it was a no go. As a matter of fact, now that I’ve pulled out my notes, I’m paying less for 2 rooms at the GCH than they quoted me for the 2 bedroom suite at PPH.

What time do lines open tomorrow? Is it 8am (Pacific) and just 714-956–6425?

What time do lines open tomorrow? Is it 8am (Pacific) and just 714-956–6425?
They open at 8am as I tried calling at 7am pst and the recording said they open at 8am for special hours right now. I called the number you mentioned above.

Hi, does anyone know if you book a hotel room at one of the on site hotels, are you guaranteed to be able to purchase tickets/passes for those days? I am hoping to wait until we get closer to the date to purchase them (planning for July). Thanks for your help!

Hi, does anyone know if you book a hotel room at one of the on site hotels, are you guaranteed to be able to purchase tickets/passes for those days? I am hoping to wait until we get closer to the date to purchase them (planning for July). Thanks for your help!
WDW has stated that on site guests will receive priority, not a guarantee, when it comes to park entry. DLR has not said anything official yet. Keep watching this thread for more official news. Read through the first few posts to see what official news we have right now from DLR.

Face Masks Recommended, But No Longer Required in Orange County, California

No official word yet from Disney on how or if this will affect safety policy when DLR reopens. Private businesses like Costco can still require masks for employees and customers in Orange County. If you will be traveling to OC, check the websites of the cities you'll be visiting to see their individual mask requirements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter