Do I need to bring a hair dryer?

mousestruck

DIS Veteran
We have a split stay coming up between AKL (studio) and Yacht Club. Will there be hair dryers in both resorts... and are they decent? I always bring one, but I'm trying to pack a little lighter. :)

I found that the hair dryer was enough especially with the Florida heat doing some natural drying as well. I’m picky and usually bring one too but I did not pack one last time and it was fine!

I found that the hair dryer was enough especially with the Florida heat doing some natural drying as well. I’m picky and usually bring one too but I did not pack one last time and it was fine!
Thanks! That's what I was hoping!

I have long, thick hair and didn't pack my hair dryer (I figured the humidity would do such a number on my hair it would likely be in a messy bun - emphasis on messy - the whole time). The one in the room was great! Glad to have one less thing to pack.

It really depends on how picky you are about your dryer. At home, I like to have a nice dryer and I find the ones in the rooms to be mediocre compared to it. But most of the time when I'm at the parks, I have my hair pulled up, or if it's down, it looks messy because of all of the heat, so the one in the room is decent enough because I'm not too concerned about how my hair looks.

I was at AKL in September and found the hair dryer worked just fine. I do have thinner hair and typically just get a loose style and then let it air dry the rest of the way.

Just depends on how picky you are. My hair is baby fine, and I if I don't use my own I get absolutely no volume. I don't know what the wattage is on the dryers there, but I don't risk it. I don't have hair that I can just throw up in a ponytail, or hairband. I have to blow it out everyday. Don't get me started on the soft water...:hyper:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter