Do Separate Parties Share Skyliner Gondolas?

Day-Day

DIS Veteran
During my last visit, only guests from the same travel party were loaded into a specific gondola. Are Skyliner gondolas shared now?

Yes but it varies based on how busy it is. Even pre-Covid they would give everyone separate gondolas if it wasn’t crowded. If the lines are backed up they will fill them as much as they can.

My party is also hoping to ride on our own. Would six people plus a stroller with a small child fill Skyliner to the point we'd be alone?

Cabins hold up to ten people, ten heart beats with strollers. Double strollers must be folded.
If you ride a “wave” cabin (stationary cabin) with a scooter, they will hold one scooter plus six heart beats.
Yes, during busy times, people lined up, you will most likely be riding with other parties. Other times when it’s not busy, you will ride by yourself.

For multiple parties of mainly adults, the practical limit is eight heartbeats without any large mobility aids. A single or twosome assigned as #10 and/or #9 might want to duck out and go for the next cabin if it appears too crowded.

They have a separate area for folks with wheel chairs, scooters, or really large strollers. That will guarantee you get a single cabin. Of course it stops the whole line while you get on.

Last edited:
For multiple parties of mainly adults, the practical limit is eight heartbeats without any large mobility aids. A single or twosome assigned as #10 and/or #9 might want to duck out and go for the next cabin if it appears too crowded.

Last edited:
During my last visit, only guests from the same travel party were loaded into a specific gondola. Are Skyliner gondolas shared now?
I was in a shared gondala last Novemeber. We all masked, it was still required, and I was solo and they were a party of two.

Cabins hold ten adult. If they are in the mode of loading multiples, the loader counts pairs of feet. If they assign a cabin for ten and don’t see ten pair of feet, they will most likely hit the e stop…… someone is missing.
If you feel you won’t fit for any reason, step back behind the loader and they will assign you a cabin. Loaders observe and count before you get to the white line. The loaders do notice size of people, what they are carrying.
Never enter a cabin you were not assigned to, there maybe a good reason why that cabin wasn’t assigned.

We rode it 2 days ago and yes they put other people in with us. There were 3 of us and they put 2 others in with us.

My party is also hoping to ride on our own. Would six people plus a stroller with a small child fill Skyliner to the point we'd be alone?

Is that 7 people total or 6? Not sure if the small child was counted in the six or not.
The more people you have the more likely it is you'll ride alone. It depends on how busy it is and the size of the parties next to you in line. If the party in front of you and behind you each have 5, then you ride alone because either combination exceeds the cabin capacity.

If things aren't very busy, you can always ask to be put in your own Skyliner. They've done it for us the few times I've asked -- but I won't ask if lines are long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter