do you cry at Disney?

I'm getting teary eyed just reading everyone else's emotional moments. I'm not usually a very emotional person either but just thinking about my 2.5 year old son's first trip this Sept has made me a wreck. I've been crying through the entire planning process. Something about the magic that is Disney just gets to me.

This, this and this. Generally not one to show emotion, but suddenly planning this trip has turned a 36 year old man into a mess. Thus far I've gotten weepy watching the planning video, a bunch of Disney classics my 3yo has never seen and most recently watching this 2 minute video with my lil' guy wrecked me and he insists on watching it every night and it has the same effect every night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUhL947dLuA

I know I'm gonna be done when it comes to our actual trip. Chef Mickey on our first night, Wishes and when he finally meets his hero Buzz will all likely have me a mess.

I'm a man so of course I don't at all get teary eyed every time the MK Welcome Show starts or at the end of Fantasmic! when the Steamboat Willie comes around. Never, nuh-uh, not this guy! :rolleyes1

Yes, every time. In fact, reading this post is making me cry. We were there in December and I cried during the Candlelight Processional and when DD finally rode BTMRR with me and loved it! BTMRR is my favorite ride. I knew she'd like it if she just tried it, but she was always too afraid to try it on our previous trips.

I cry when they sing "Circle of Life"during the Festival of the Lion King. I really cried when my kids had their first walk down Main Street of DL, since that was "my park" growing up.

This! That one gets me every time! :sad:

Oh yeah, I forgot about this one. When I was a little one 25+ years ago my Dad and older brother would go on Splash Mountain while my Mom and I rode Peter Pan. This was always my favorite ride/moment of my trip, having some Mother/Son bonding on my favorite ride.

Fast Forward 25 years and I will be riding on Peter Pan with my Mom again, only with my own son on board......oh nuts, now I have to close my office door.

I get teary when I see a picture of Walt Disney. What a wonderful man and visionary yet he was gone before any of us could enjoy Disney World. It is a wonderful place and a source of happiness for so many. I will always be greatful for him for having and pursuing his dream for us.

Yes, like others I am tearing up reading this. My moment when I really have a hard time fighting the tears is the Kiss Goodnight. I can not hold back then.

Every trip. On DME, on the bus ride to MK, when I see the castle, special things that remind me of my mom and our trips together, when I see Mickey, when I see Ariel, or any character, oh when I'm typing this. When I see the Lion King show. When I have to leave. Yes, I cry. I try to wear sunglasses so I don't embarrass my DH:lmao:

Also, the moment on Splash Mountain when you round the corner after the drop and there's the steamboat with all the chickens on it singing Zip-a-dee do da!

Yes. And this next trip is going to be even harder. I was supposed to go to Disney with my mom October 2013 but had to cancel when my mom passed away from cancer in May of 2013. Now I am going October of this year with my aunt... and I know I am going to be crying at a lot. So much at Disney reminds me of my mom and our previous trips that I am going to have to pack a lot of Kleenex. Just thinking about it right now I am tearing up...
LilyWDW, I am in the same boat as you. I lost my mom in Nov. 2013 unexpectedly. Everything at disney reminds me of her. I've been back twice since she passed, but I haven't been to MK yet. So many memories of us there.

I always cry at the film in Walt Disney: One Man's Dream. I just can't help it. Just the way I used to cry at the film in The Walt Disney Story. I also miss seeing that huge mural of all the Disney characters through The Fox and the Hound era that was/is in the former Walt Disney Story building in Town Square.

Well of course I always cry at the American Pavillion Show in Epcot. The part where they go over the Reb Family gets me every time! (A-mer-I-ca,,, stand on Gol-den wings.....)

Yes! For me it is POTC. It is the favorite ride for my whole family so it is our first. I have a memory of my mom who passed in 1990 laughing at the "hairy leg" as you go under the bridge. I think of her and laugh then cry every time.

I cry on the magical express back to the airport. The goodbye video makes me cry---really bad----like ugly face crying!!!!!
Especially when they sing....

"M-I-C (see you real soon)
K-E-Y (Why? because we love you?) <----at this point the ugly cry starts
M-O-U-S-E"

I also cry during Fantasmic, when Mickey defeats Maleficent and the sparks shoots out of his hands........... in my head i'm thinking "yay....mickey you did it because you believed....."

The only other time I usually cry is during Wishes and the music sings, "when you wish upon a star........" because at that point that is the very definition of what happiness is to me, no moment could be better, not winning a million dollars or getting proposed to, just that time with the mouse and me :)

EVERY.SINGLE.TIME

When I first see the castle
When I see I character I LOVE
During Wishes
When the kids have a huge smile on their face

Heck...we even cry when we see a Disney commercial. :lmao:

Yes.

And this next trip is going to be even harder. I was supposed to go to Disney with my mom October 2013 but had to cancel when my mom passed away from cancer in May of 2013. Now I am going October of this year with my aunt... and I know I am going to be crying at a lot. So much at Disney reminds me of my mom and our previous trips that I am going to have to pack a lot of Kleenex. Just thinking about it right now I am tearing up...

I'm so sorry but glad you have happy memories

So, when my husband and I were there with his parents after only a couple years of marriage, I saw a dad walking down Main Street with a little blonde headed girl holding her hand. She had on tiny mouse ears and I was looking at them from behind thinking that could be my husband and future daughter one day....I had a tear running down my face and my husband looked at me and said, "Give me a couple years..." I held him to that and started our family a couple years later with the birth of my daughter...and then another daughter. Every trip to Disney, I take a picture of him walking holding the girls hands from behind...just for me.

Its the little moments in Disney that hit you the hardest....

that is so sweet

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter