• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do You Have A Go-To Lunch?

I don't do leftovers for lunch, I cook specifically for lunch. I don't eat much for dinner usually. Lunch is in the middle of my physical active day.

I make 3 lb. of spaghetti and put meals in the freezer for lunches. I make 8 or so pork chop meals and put them in the freezer. I'll make a roast in the instant pot and put it all in the freezer. I take these to work for lunch, then eat simply a sandwich or a salad for dinner, basically the opposite of what most people do.

I don't know. If I consistently ate a few of the lunches mentioned here, I wouldn't be able to get through the door. Then again, all I have to do is look at food to gain weight. :sad2: I'm guessing the people posting on this thread who consume more food than I could work out on a daily basis & need more calories.
See, I perform work at work and if at noon I ate 3.2 slices of cucumber and 2 grapes, I'd be starving by 12:05 so I definitely get where they were coming from with that comment.

Not everyone has the time or skills to cook every day, so for many this is not an option

The question was what's your go-to lunch. The answer given was their go-to lunch, not what everyone else should do. My answer was similar and wasn't intended to shade what anyone else chooses -- not that my laziness of cobbling together leftovers most days is destined to impress anyone anyway.

My go to lunches are a chicken salad pita and bean/cheese burrito. I buy shredded rotisserie chicken from costco and then freeze smaller portions so I usually have it in the freezer. I make up the chicken salad the night before and I usually make extra so it lasts for 2-3 days. Then I just stuff in the pita with some lettuce in the morning. My daughter will not eat a traditional turkey or ham sandwich and she loves these so I make them for both of us. It's super simple and takes less than 5 minutes to make in the morning.

If I'm out of chicken, I make a bean & cheese burrito. I spread a bunch of low fat refried beans on a tortilla and throw a handful of shredded cheese on top. It takes less than a couple of minutes to make in the morning. I keep salsa in the work fridge to put on top after I heat it up.

MMmm, I love ice cream. I wish it at least liked me back.

lol me too, but I was eating it anyway

My "go-to" lunch varies. If I'm working from home, it will usually be whatever I find in the fridge or pantry that sounds good. If I am in the office, it's usually shrimp tacos from this amazing little taco place, or a Caribbean Mango Chicken Salad from The Patio, or Canes. it really depends where my coworkers want to eat. I'm usually up for anything, but it always seems to be one of those three places since we only see each other once a week.

On the weekends, I rarely, if ever, eat lunch at all. We have a late "breakfast" (that is usually more lunch food) and a somewhat early dinner. No time for three whole meals!

My husband and I meal prep (I pick out the recipes and lucky girl that I am he cooks them for me) so for my four 12-hour shifts I generally have one "dinner" type meal and one "breakfast" type meal. This week it's garlic steak bites with mashed cauliflower (super yummy) or maple/ginger chicken with veggies and rice for the "big" meals and two kinds of overnight oats for the "breakfast" type meals. I swap between the OOs and protein boxes frequently because I get bored of either after too many days. I eat them in various orders at various points in my shift but I've been trying to stick to an intermittent fasting schedule too so generally I've eaten both by midnight, 2am at the latest.

I work from home, so I can eat whatever is in the 'fridge. But my go-to if I can't find anything else that interests me is two scrambled eggs or a grilled cheese sandwich.

Queen Colleen

Half of the time I bring left over.

Quarter of the time, I buy lunch from my company cafe. Our cafe is really good. A set lunch of one main, two sides and soft drink is around $9.50. Not exactly cheap, but the food is usually top notch, like lobster tail, scallops, fresh made sushi, made to order pasta station, etc.

The other quarter of the time, I go out to eat. This is more than lunch. I view it more as opportunity for network, team building and socializing. I prefer lunch social more than happy hours.

I order meal delivery to my office every day (this is my big expense/treat to myself since my promotion and raise 3 years ago) and try to get as much variety as possible. Today I had a personal pizza with a little caesar salad. I've also been very into Hale and Hearty lately for a cup of soup and half sandwich - they change the soups daily and with fall finally arriving I've been on kind of a soup kick. I enjoy being able to do this after years and years of packing lunches and leftovers to take to work.

My husband, however, won't have lunch unless I make a point of making him an almond butter sandwich the night before. If I don't do this, he 1) Won't do it himself and 2) Will probably go to a fast-food place at 5 pm after starving all day, and then ruin his appetite for dinner.

So I make the almond butter. On oatmeal bread or whole wheat. Sometimes with an apple on the side. He's lucky to have me. :p

I usually have a sandwich, PB&J usually. When the opportunity presents itself, I take leftovers for lunch.

At work?

Salad with cold cooked chicken and a Newman's Own Salad dressing.
V8
Baby carrots
Seasonal fruit
Triscuits/nuts/roasted chick peas/or popcorn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter