Do you have a safe?

No, but we've been meaning to get a small fireproof safe for years. Mostly for documents I want to protect. My bank does not have physical locations in my state so I don't have easy access to a safety deposit box. We are about to move, I need to elevate that on my priority list . . .

No, because I’m a big giant slacker who’s been meaning to for years but never gotten around to it. I’ve gotten as far as researching them and then I hmm and haw about “Gee, do I need to spend the extra money to get one that’s fire-resistant for two hours or is one hour sufficient?” and then I get distracted by life and fail to see it through. At this point, anything would be better than nothing and I need to just get it done already. Maybe that’s what I’ll do this weekend... :scratchin

ETA: In fact, can someone who’s done the research do me a solid and link whatever safe you decided on? I’ll just buy that. :laughing:

Yes, a waterproof fireproof small safe for important documents. I tried to get a safe deposit box before I purchased it, but every bank around me had a waiting list and so getting my own seemed more practical.

Yep, small fireproof safe for documents and other valuables.

Growing up, my parents had a huge safe in the basement the size of a small room. Which they used to store...canned goods. Lol.

Jeez, I'm sorry to hear that :(

Not fun at all. At the time there were no local retailers, DH had to purchase the safe from a retailer who was a 5 hour drive from us. Luckily the retailer had other business in our city and personally delivered the safe.

Yes, a couple. We have a small fireproof, waterproof safe that has important documents. DH also has an old safe he used to use as an end table. We don't know if it's fireproof, but our house got hit by a tornado a few years ago and that sucker barely moved! That has some of DH's junk in it.

I did. The lock broke and I had to take it to a locksmith to have it opened. And while it was heavy, it was easy to move, and at the locksmith I realized how easy it was to break open. So I realized it was a waste of time. So I have 2 safe deposit boxes at the bank for important and valuable items. I have several fire proof lock boxes at home for less important things, like my passport.

No, but my will and important jewelry are in my parents safe deposit box at the bank.

We just got one after we found out that our cleaninglady had taken quite a lot of money from our sons piggy banks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter