Do you wear

Typically contacts, but I have to wear glasses when I don't get enough sleep or it's really dry outside. They don't bother me nearly as much as they used to (but I do hate not having peripheral vision).

My dad got Lasik over 10 years ago. He said it was the best investment, and told me that he would pay for my Lasik when I'm ready. But of course I made the bad decision to watch the "How It's Made" episode on Lasik, and it made me pretty squeamish... so I don't know if I would actually be able to have it done.

Glasses at age 11, switched to soft contacts at age 13 and have worn them ever since. I'm 38 now.

I started wearing glasses at 13. Switched to hard contacts at 16 then soft contacts. I have worn contacts for over 40 years - I wear them monovision so don't need readers.

I wear glasses. I am farsighted and can see everything great at a distance but near vision, I can't even read my own handwriting without glasses. I have cataracts but the optometrist said they are not ready for surgery.

DH had cataract surgery this summer and was able to be rid of glasses after almost 60 years.

Glasses...
  • heard too many stories of eye infections
  • have a tough time touching my eyeball
  • lasik sounds good, however one side effect I heard was light sensitivity, an issue with oncoming headlights when I'm driving

Started wearing glasses in 6th grade...I was practically legally blind!!! I started wearing the hard contact lenses right after graduation ('68). Those got nasty and impossible to wear so went back to glasses. Wore soft contacts when doing stage work...but not off stage. My eyes are very dry so wearing them was really hard. So, very strong glasses up until 2 years ago. Then, I had cataract surgery...both eyes over a period of 18 months! Perfect vision now...except for that old age reading issue. I need readers to do computer work or read.

I used to wear glasses all the time, but I got cataract surgery in 2013 and now I only need reading glasses.

42. Glasses in 3rd grade. Never thought I could stick a finger in my eye but finally decided I wanted to try contacts when I was 30. Best thing I've done (I don't trust lasik.) I had an older grade of contacts and my eyes would dry out every night around 8 pm and I would take them out and wear my glasses. Most everyone at work said they sleep with their contacts in. 3 years ago the eye doctor switched me to newer silicon contacts. I fell asleep one night and woke up hunting around for my glasses before I realized I could still see.

Since then, I only take my contacts out once over the weekend to soak in the peroxide formula cleaners. My glasses are from 2002 and still are like brand new.

I have glasses. My parents let me try contacts and I honestly did not think it was worth the trouble...lol:) I'll stick with my glasses, thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter