Do your kids like your friend's kids??

d.kurz

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
We consider ourselves really lucky. We have a circle of 5 couples, only one has no kids. Our kids at this point in time range from 14 (there are FOUR girls of this age!) up to 18. There are 9 kids in all. They have practically growup together and share a really, true love for one another. Like a giant group of siblings, without the rivalry! When a month or so goes by that we don't get together, the KIDS organize things now. We were all together yesterday and we watched them....they seem to be having more fun than we were!!

What a great situation, huh?

I can remember some of my parent's friend's kids I really disliked!!

Actually no and it makes it tough. Oneof my best friends has kids same ages as my older ones hers are 16 and 14, mine are 15 and 13. When we first had out 2 oldest (the are 6 motnhs apart) I hated to spend any time with her. Her ds always was hitting mine or taking his toys, stuff like that. Fortunately I worked full time and spent most my weekend at home with the kids so I didnt have to see them all that much. Now they are teens my oldest ds has nothing in common with hers so they dont spend any time together.
My other best friend has 2 boys 7 and 3 (mine are 3 and 1). Her 7 yr old is very sneaky and acts quite ugly when mom is not close by. He says bad words, hits others and then tries the other kid in trouble. My oldest ds used to babysit them til it just got to bad. He said he needed hazardous duty pay, lol.

Four couples - kids range from 3 to 12. All of them are great - we are so lucky! We spend holidays together etc just like family. If one of their kids does something in a church program etc. I'm proud like they're one of my own. One couple is moving soon and we might be too. I'm already mourning.

Yes, one of my best friends' son is the same age as my middle son and they have been good friends since preschool. They're both Sophomores now.:D

Yes I do most of my friends kids are great. There is one friend in our group, however, who has a daughter, an only child, and I know she doesn't realize she is doing it...but she puts her child on a pedestal above all the rest of our kids. Its like there all the rest of our kids, lumped together...and then theres ...***HEATHER***the wonderchild...miss perfect. Her daughter is into performing arts IMHO she is of pretty average talent..(.according to some others, I am being kind.) Anyway,the mom is like a stagemom, this teenager has turned into a real primadonna,we all notice it and thankfully let some things her and her mother say gracefully roll off our shoulders. If we took them to heart they could be really hurtful. But we just accept that thats how they are and get over it.:rolleyes:

yep, most of the time.

Jason, your nose is getting longer. lol

Yes. Its really sweet to have your best friend's child be best friends with your child. :)

I am still close with the children of my parent's best friends as well. Our parents have passed on, but our friendships remain. :) They are more like family than friends.

My best friend and I have been friends for 34 yrs. Her 16 yr old daughter and my 14 yr old daughter are very good friends even though they go to different schools and her daughter is in 10th grade and mine is in 8th. Her 10 yr old daughter also loves my daughter. The funny thing is we never pushed them to be friends, but they talk on the phone all the time. My daughter even talks to my best friend, too. I'm glad because my best friend's daughters are great kids.

Sorry to say, when our good friends had children, things got tough!

What do you do when you're best friends and you both have kids (we have 2 DDs ages 7 and 3 1/2 - they have 2 DDs ages 5 and just turned 3 and DS 8 months) but they bring them up differently/disapline differently.

I hate to say it but their kids are monsters.

I dread when they suggest we eat in a restaurant because they let their kids run around, both my kids are eating. Their kids hit each other and others, mine never do. Their 3 year old pulls my 3 1/2 year old's hair all the time. They never share and always grab. My kids may not want to share and may whine but they never grab.

I don't like what their kids are teaching our kids and just wait till their DS is 2 and walking and talking!!!

They don't do anything when their kids are being bad except "don't do that" or threats that they don't follow through with, and they let it go and let it go and then all of the sudden they freak out and OVER react. It drives me crazy!

But they are our DDs Godparents. My DH is their DS's Godfather...so we can't just disown them because of their kids...

:confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter