Does anyone have a reel mower?

SSB blamed his pneumonia years back on cutting the grass... breathing in all that "dust and grass flecks" here in dry FL... so justified getting someone else to do it... haha! :)

I do remember back home, using one of these... sumpin' that could be in an Indian Jones movie, if a lot bigger! ;)

Big grass back home, eh SSB? ;) :)

I thought I would add a touch of "Canadianism" to my reply...lol..;) :)

Eh? :)

Okay, I've had all summer to try out the reel, push mower, and, I don't particularly like it. It isn't hard to push, but I find the start feature awkward. If you look at the pic above, you'll see a button and a handle. You have to push the button and pull up the handle at the same time or it won't start. It's a safety feature, but a little fussy to manage, it's rather stiff. I also didn't realize, that you always have to go forward, that it doesn't cut when you pull it back, so no "going over" areas that way.

At first DH insisted I use it, but after half a dozen times, I'd pull out the old electric lawn mower when he wasn't home, and use that. :p Now he doesn't comment, he's just glad to have the grass done!

DH likes it, so we've reached a compromise. He uses it on the front lawn, and I use Old Faithful on the back lawn. :)

:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter