Does anyone LOVE Pop?

I have also been in haunted homes and experienced all of that.
That is why I am hesitant about Pop. I feel like I am more sensitive to haunted things and really don't want that on vacation.

I haven’t experienced anything at Pop and I have had multiple stays there. Most of my stays have been in the 80’s section, with one stay in the 60’s. I have three more stays scheduled there this year as well.

Agreed! In fact Pop has been my favorite resort for years even pre-renovation. The updated rooms are a bonus and now with the gondola station coming it will be even better! One of my favorite things is how big the food court and gift shop are. Enjoy your stay!

Honestly, Before the renovation I used to tell everyone to save the additional $30/night and stay at sports since it's the exact same room plus a longer walk. But now, those rooms are so worth it! Comfy queen beds, toaster and a coffee machine make a huge difference! I just wish the room was a tiny bit bigger.

We have stayed at POP since it opened for 2-3 weeks a year and love it! Now that we have seen many of the renovations, it is even better.

We just stayed a week here and really enjoyed ourselves. My kids really enjoyed the theming. The adults enjoyed the music on the buses and around the resort. The bus service was great. We normally get a rental but that had made us rethink that. The rooms are small but the new renovations help. We're use to a much larger room but I'm sure we'll be back.

I have also been in haunted homes and experienced all of that.
That is why I am hesitant about Pop. I feel like I am more sensitive to haunted things and really don't want that on vacation.
I wasn't crazy about Pop when we stayed there, but I can vouch for the fact that it isn't haunted.

What did you dislike about Pop and when were you there last?
I was there for a week in February 2014. I discovered during that trip that I really dislike staying at value resorts. The room was like a motel room (small, drab, hard beds, tiny & unattractive bathroom, exterior corridors) and was not very comfortable. That was the main thing I disliked. I just never wanted to go back to the room during our trip. We tent camped at Fort Wilderness the next year, and I liked that more than our stay at Pop. Pop was fine in other ways: the grounds were pretty, the giant statues were cool, the lobby/gift shop area was pleasant, and the bus service was reliable. And no ghosts.

We LOVE POP. We teeter between deluxe and value and POP is definitely a go to value. The buses alone are a reason to stay. Sure the stops are far at the parks, but the location is awesome and we rarely have problems waiting. We've stayed in the 70s multiple times and I kind of chuckled about the haunted stories. We've never experienced anything like that. We haven't stayed in a renovated room yet as our last POP trip was our wedding trip and we had a huge block of rooms set aside and only a few buildings were being worked on then. We're going back in July and we're hoping for a new room!

I was there for a week in February 2014. I discovered during that trip that I really dislike staying at value resorts. The room was like a motel room (small, drab, hard beds, tiny & unattractive bathroom, exterior corridors) and was not very comfortable. That was the main thing I disliked. I just never wanted to go back to the room during our trip. We tent camped at Fort Wilderness the next year, and I liked that more than our stay at Pop. Pop was fine in other ways: the grounds were pretty, the giant statues were cool, the lobby/gift shop area was pleasant, and the bus service was reliable. And no ghosts.

Good for no ghosts!!
And I understand the value part. This will only be my second stay at a Disney resort as we always stayed off site when my kids were little (due to money). First stay was at AoA in a suite. While it is a value, the space in the room was fantastic. I thoroughly enjoyed that.
And when I travel otherwise I usually opt for very nice hotels.

Hopefully this upcoming Pop stay is ok. But I highly doubt I book Pop again.

We LOVE POP. We teeter between deluxe and value and POP is definitely a go to value. The buses alone are a reason to stay. Sure the stops are far at the parks, but the location is awesome and we rarely have problems waiting. We've stayed in the 70s multiple times and I kind of chuckled about the haunted stories. We've never experienced anything like that. We haven't stayed in a renovated room yet as our last POP trip was our wedding trip and we had a huge block of rooms set aside and only a few buildings were being worked on then. We're going back in July and we're hoping for a new room!

When we stayed at AoA in late 2016, my only complaint was distance to buses! Hopefully that will be my only complaint with Pop ;)

This is the first time I ever heard about Pop being haunted. I learn something new every day.

I loved Pop when we stayed there in August three years in a row in 2008, 2009, and 2010. Those trips were some of the best times of my entire life, and I hold my memories of them very dear.

The food court was very good. The grounds were lovely especially around the lake. Drinks at Petals were delicious. My kids loved having the three pools to swim in. Bus transportation was decent and actually much better all three stays than Port Orleans Riverside and one trip at Wilderness Lodge. Housekeeping was excellent.

For the right price and circumstances, I wouldn’t hesitate to stay there again.

Pop is the best, we have stayed there every year and sometimes twice since they opened! We have stayed at animal Kingdom Lodge on the savanna view and it was beautiful, but my child at the time said she couldn’t wait to get back over to pop century the following day because even though it was nice it wasn’t home, pop!

POP is also our go to resort. We love just sitting by the pool and relaxing. It’s one of the few food courts we all enjoy. It’s just the right size everything is within walking distance and once youve been enough you learn the shortcuts through parking lots etc. POP is better for the buses too as the all stars share. We just booked our next stay this morning, can’t wait.

I stayed at POP on my very first trip 10 years ago so it will always be one of my favorites! I like AoA a lot too but wouldn’t stay at the All Stars ever again. I won’t do a moderate again either-too spread out and I don’t like multiple bus stops. I do prefer the larger food court and dedicated bus lines at POP/values over the deluxe resorts! So for me it is POP or AoA or a deluxe, depends on my budget.

I'm leaving in 10 days for DW! Yay!
But staying at Pop for my first time and I'm beginning to regret.
I think I've been on these boards too much
I have read horrible things...even that it is haunted.
Please tell me someone loves it!
We love Pop! I have stayed there several times with my husband and 2 kids. I haven't stayed in the renovated rooms yet but looking forward to on our upcoming trip in July! Don't worry, I think you will like it.

We love Pop! I have stayed there several times with my husband and 2 kids. I haven't stayed in the renovated rooms yet but looking forward to on our upcoming trip in July! Don't worry, I think you will like it.

Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter