Does date availability change from person to person?

captbly

Earning My Ears
If I asked someone about renting points for specific days at a resort and they said they weren't available for that date, does this mean anyone else i asked would have the same unavailable response? Essentially is there any point for me to ask other renters about the same dates?

If I asked someone about renting points for specific days at a resort and they said they weren't available for that date, does this mean anyone else i asked would have the same unavailable response? Essentially is there any point for me to ask other renters about the same dates?
Only if your dates are more than 7 months away

Short answer: no. Long answer: owners are able to book reservations that are 7-11 months away if they own at that resort, if it's within 7 months, all owners are able to book there (unless you're trying to book Riviera or Disneyland Hotel and bought resale)

It’s a long shot, but availability does change as people cancel or change their reservations, so owner A can check & see no availability, & owner B checks later & sees a villa that someone just let go.
The most movement happens at 7 months when folks are trying to move from their home resort to another resort & most people try to cancel before 30 days out to avoid having their points go into holding status.

As mentioned, things change all the time with DVC availability. It’s one of the reasons why we don’t allow people to share what we see on the site.

But, it is not owner dependent so you could go back to the same owner and ask for them to check again for changes…you wouldn’t have to go on to someone else,

As mentioned, things change all the time with DVC availability. It’s one of the reasons why we don’t allow people to share what we see on the site.

But, it is not owner dependent so you could go back to the same owner and ask for them to check again for changes…you wouldn’t have to go on to someone else,

Although to some extent, that is a lot of wasting an owners time. Owners don't tend to "stalk" availability for renters and it can take an owner a lot of work (with no guarantee of success) to scrape together a reservation that way.

There is an exception to what was said - some owners do "spec" rentals - they will book a week with no renter and assume they can sell the week later. Members who do this are usually looking for more money than matching a renter with points in real time. But sometimes you can find a reservation that has already been made for your dates.

Although to some extent, that is a lot of wasting an owners time. Owners don't tend to "stalk" availability for renters and it can take an owner a lot of work (with no guarantee of success) to scrape together a reservation that way.

There is an exception to what was said - some owners do "spec" rentals - they will book a week with no renter and assume they can sell the week later. Members who do this are usually looking for more money than matching a renter with points in real time. But sometimes you can find a reservation that has already been made for your dates.

I get that most ownerd won’t stalk. Just letting them know that they could technically call back the same owner who’d be able to check again for them if that owner wanted to do it.

I get that most ownerd won’t stalk. Just letting them know that they could technically call back the same owner who’d be able to check again for them if that owner wanted to do it.
Yep, and just letting them know that it isn't realistic to expect an owner to keep checking. :)

It’s a long shot, but availability does change as people cancel or change their reservations, so owner A can check & see no availability, & owner B checks later & sees a villa that someone just let go.
The most movement happens at 7 months when folks are trying to move from their home resort to another resort & most people try to cancel before 30 days out to avoid having their points go into holding status.
And the reverse can and has happened. Owner checks..renter gets back to them hour or more later...no availability now...comes down to timing....the longer out the booking is, the better the chance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter