Does DLR have Sevice your way Mousekeeping opt-out?

bethwc101

DIS Veteran
I heard WDW began a program where if you opt-out of mousekeeping you get a $10 credit/night.
Does DLR offer anything like this? We will be staying at GCH for 6 nights in Oct. and we never use room service.

I had read that at WDW it's still considered a pilot program and it's limited to the value and moderate resorts. I haven't heard of anything like that at DLR, but maybe they're waiting to see how well it goes over at WDW.

I heard WDW began a program where if you opt-out of mousekeeping you get a $10 credit/night.
Does DLR offer anything like this? We will be staying at GCH for 6 nights in Oct. and we never use room service.

Last edited:

Wasn't there some sort of thing at WDW that if you have the "do not disturb" sign several days in a row, housekeeping has to come in and check around for security purposes? I was sure I read that somewhere, but not sure if it was at WDW or not.

Wasn't there some sort of thing at WDW that if you have the "do not disturb" sign several days in a row, housekeeping has to come in and check around for security purposes? I was sure I read that somewhere, but not sure if it was at WDW or not.
Yes, that was rolled at WDW (I would not be surprised to hear it was also rolled out at DLR as well). Even if guests decline to have housekeeping, they are still subject to the periodic security inspection. In terms of WDW, the opt-out service just means that housekeeping won't come in to clean the room.

Yes, that was rolled at WDW (I would not be surprised to hear it was also rolled out at DLR as well). Even if guests decline to have housekeeping, they are still subject to the periodic security inspection. In terms of WDW, the opt-out service just means that housekeeping won't come in to clean the room.

Ahhh, I see. I knew I read that somewhere!

It think it did actually roll out at Disneyland. While we were at DLH this happened to us. We had the do not disturb sing and someone was coming out of our room as we were walking in and they explained how they had to check the room since it had been the second day i had the do not disturb( which i actually left on the door by accident).

I'm kind of iffy on the whole policy change for hotels. I get why they're doing it with security and all, but I just hate being bothered with it. When we go to a hotel, we very rarely elect for housekeeping to do the room and just leave the DnD sign up the whole time. Mainly because I feel like I have to clean and put everything away neat and tidy (clothes put away, makeup/toiletries/hair dryer back in bags, laptops secured, credit/cash secured, beds somewhat neat, etc) before they come in, which is a hassle I just don't want to deal with on vacation. We clean the room before we leave (trash in container, counter wiped down, etc), but in between check-in and check-out I like to just leave everything alone.

I assume this policy is going to be implemented at most hotels so will probably just have to suck it up, but I wish I didn't have to! lol

I am the total opposite. Other than making sure no big cash is laying around, and the room doesn't look like we are total slobs, I don't worry about picking up the room. I like having someone come in and make the beds, tidy up towels, and empty the trash. Makes my vacation feel more like a vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter