"Official" 2024 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party

MNSSHP used to also not start in early August. I don't think they're cancelling MNSSHP, but I don't know that it's going to be the same dates as previous years.
When did the party dates typically start? I saw in recent years it started in mid-August, which is what I'm hoping for since we will be there Aug 17-22.

MNSSHP used to also not start in early August. I don't think they're cancelling MNSSHP, but I don't know that it's going to be the same dates as previous years.
It's been starting around the Same time pre covid as after covid maybe a few days earlier but not by much. I don't think anyting is going on here just delaying the release for whatever reseaon.

2016: Started in September
2017: August 25 and 29
2018: August 17, 24, 28, 31
2019 : August 16, 20, 23, 27, 30
2020: August 13, 18, 21, 25, 28
2021: X
2022: August: 12, 16, 19, 23, 26, 30.
2023: August: 11,15, 18, 22, 25, 29

It seems to start lately on the Friday of the first full week in August. That according to the rumor/leak earlier in the thread seems to line up (starting on August 9th). I just need to know if they will keep the same cadence of Tues Fri in the early parties. Then I can book the rest of my trip like park tickets etc. Even with precedent I can not be sure, so I have been waiting at times impatiently.

Others have said look for Tues or Thursday for an announcement, but halfway to Halloween will be on the 35th Anniversary of Hollywood Studios (May first this year because of that extra February day) so I have had Friday circled as a possible announcement day and won't get super antsy until that passed. I am sure tomorrow's posts will be filled with how they are celebrating (but I hope I am wrong every day!!!!!).

I don't think anything suspicious is happening but I am going to be very dramatic about every piece of park news we get that's not related to MNSSHP until we get these dates.

Mother's Day cupcake guide. Elmo's gonna sue.

I already bought 9 day tickets for my 8 night trip. To carve out our potential Friday MNSSHP was only $30 less on three Disney adults. I went for it

Let's speculate- do you think any changes to Labor Day weekend party nights because of opening weekend of food and wine?

BlogMickey has a plausible theory that they want to announce Tiana’s opening date first which may be on the May 7 earnings call. Makes sense that they would announce all of the summer offerings first. It may be a while to get the MNSSHP dates.

BlogMickey has a plausible theory that they want to announce Tiana’s opening date first which may be on the May 7 earnings call. Makes sense that they would announce all of the summer offerings first. It may be a while to get the MNSSHP dates.

I also theorized a few pages back that Tiana's opening date might impact MNSSHP news but now that we know about F&WF opening on Labor Day weekend, I just don't know how much I believe this. I definitely think that media budget is occupied elsewhere otherwise we'd see the "Halfway to Halloween" (which I'm sick of hearing about btw) social media campaigns being blasted in our faces like it has been since 2021. I think those days are over again now that park attendance is back to normal and they don't need to invite influencers to try pumpkin-spice milkshakes in April to convince people to come to MNSSHP.

Still betting it will be soon, it just won't come with as much fanfare as it did last year or the year before.

I also theorized a few pages back that Tiana's opening date might impact MNSSHP news but now that we know about F&WF opening on Labor Day weekend, I just don't know how much I believe this. I definitely think that media budget is occupied elsewhere otherwise we'd see the "Halfway to Halloween" (which I'm sick of hearing about btw) social media campaigns being blasted in our faces like it has been since 2021. I think those days are over again now that park attendance is back to normal and they don't need to invite influencers to try pumpkin-spice milkshakes in April to convince people to come to MNSSHP.

Still betting it will be soon, it just won't come with as much fanfare as it did last year or the year before.
What probably makes the most sense is that they want to announce Tiana's ride first, so that when they announce MNSSHP they can include Tiana's ride in the description of things to do that night (maybe even possible something might be directly linked to that ride (such as a performer outside or meet and greet nearby) AKA Dr. Facilier, or a specialized desert or merchandise, etc.

What probably makes the most sense is that they want to announce Tiana's ride first, so that when they announce MNSSHP they can include Tiana's ride in the description of things to do that night (maybe even possible something might be directly linked to that ride (such as a performer outside or meet and greet nearby) AKA Dr. Facilier, or a specialized desert or merchandise, etc.

It sounds like Dr. Facilier doesn't appear in Tiana's Bayou Adventure but I see the vision for some type of aspect or character in this story perhaps having some huge tie-in to MNSSHP this year, and if you're correct, then yes, I agree that it would make sense to announce TBA opening day before announcing MNSSHP dates. Otherwise, it doesn't make sense if they're just announcing a M&G or a special dessert. I feel like that kind of stuff -- the real nitty gritty details about entertainment, desserts (Foodie Guide), merchandise, etc -- don't get announced until literally weeks before MNSSHP begins.

I think the bottom line, for me, is that they are really dragging their feet on making the opening day announcement for TBA in WDW. I still think we're in a reasonable timeframe to announce MNSSHP dates, but to me, it feels like Disney wants to hold out on TBA's opening date announcement for a little bit longer. So if that's effecting their ability to put tickets on sale for MNSSHP when HHN at Universal has been on sale for a month now, that's a messy experience IMO.

Long post, sorry :blush:

It sounds like Dr. Facilier doesn't appear in Tiana's Bayou Adventure but I see the vision for some type of aspect or character in this story perhaps having some huge tie-in to MNSSHP this year, and if you're correct, then yes, I agree that it would make sense to announce TBA opening day before announcing MNSSHP dates. Otherwise, it doesn't make sense if they're just announcing a M&G or a special dessert. I feel like that kind of stuff -- the real nitty gritty details about entertainment, desserts (Foodie Guide), merchandise, etc -- don't get announced until literally weeks before MNSSHP begins.

I think the bottom line, for me, is that they are really dragging their feet on making the opening day announcement for TBA in WDW. I still think we're in a reasonable timeframe to announce MNSSHP dates, but to me, it feels like Disney wants to hold out on TBA's opening date announcement for a little bit longer. So if that's effecting their ability to put tickets on sale for MNSSHP when HHN at Universal has been on sale for a month now, that's a messy experience IMO.

Long post, sorry :blush:
another issue that could be tied in (I've been involved in this over thread) is the DAS system that is coming into affect May 20. Everyone in that thread are leaning towards TBA to be announced (weird it has same acronym lol) AFTER the new DAS system comes into affect because the rumor is Disney doesn't want to have that ride operational until they've fixed the DAS system without it being overrun by DAS users (many are supposedly abusers). So that's another factor for MNSSHP being delayed, but as you said, only IF it has some huge tie-in directly related to party.

OR

Could be just like 2017 where they released the tickets May 10, and maybe they just decided to take an extra couple weeks longer than the last 2 years

I'm on pins and needles...

My 50th birthday is 10/16, but since my "annual" trip this year has been moved to December, I won't be going to WDW for my birthday for the first time in 13 years...

...but...

...I planned out a "no-park" trip that is only 3 nights and spans my birthday! I put together a budget and I am certainly able to save up enough to bring my DH with me. He hasn't been to WDW since 2018 so the "no-parks" idea is a bit of a downer since he has never seen Pandora, Galaxy's Edge or Guardians. He was done with the parks so I have been going with my BFF (or one of my daughters) for the past 6 years. This is my plan to ease him back in to WDW and maybe get him to go a little more often...and buy more DVC points!

Based on the flights (tied to SW since that's where my points get me a free ride), we would arrive around 6pm Tuesday, attend the party Wednesday, and then have Thursday to recover and do "non-park" stuff, and our return flight departs at 9am Friday. In order for this plan to even have a chance to come to fruition, it all hinges on whether or not there will be a MNSSHP on October 16.

I am eagerly waiting this announcement...

Either way, this waiting around is annoying, it was the same for my December trip. Waiting for them to update park hours at the last minute made planning so difficult. At a destination that requires dining to be booked so far out, planning is essential and post covid they have made planning the trip so much work and stress that it really doesn’t need to be. Think they would up their game with all that universal have got coming up, wishful thinking!

Either way, this waiting around is annoying, it was the same for my December trip. Waiting for them to update park hours at the last minute made planning so difficult. At a destination that requires dining to be booked so far out, planning is essential and post covid they have made planning the trip so much work and stress that it really doesn’t need to be. Think they would up their game with all that universal have got coming up, wishful thinking!
They're literally allowing Universal to own 2024 and 2025
Halloween
Universal-month ago released / Disney - ??
Summer rollout
Universal-monday Apr 29 (Dreamworks Land)/ Disney - ?? (Tiana's)
Universal-Epic universe + hotels / Disney - Test track reimagining (maybe, they tend to take forever to do anything these days AKA Tiana's/Tron)

It really seems like Disney has taken a back seat and just letting Universal jump the gun with all the big news first. The longer they wait the more people will book things with Universal instead, or have they forgotten it takes people months to plan trips with hotels/flights and what not, it's not all about the locals who can plan the week of.

Apparently this is the first time they didn't announce MNSSHP in April or earlier since 2014, back when they didn't even have August dates offered. Something spooky is going on at Disney, but don't worry we know now EPCOT will be getting George W. Bush pictures (vital to my vacation 🤣)

They're literally allowing Universal to own 2024 and 2025
Halloween
Universal-month ago released / Disney - ??
Summer rollout
Universal-monday Apr 29 (Dreamworks Land)/ Disney - ?? (Tiana's)
Universal-Epic universe + hotels / Disney - Test track reimagining (maybe, they tend to take forever to do anything these days AKA Tiana's/Tron)

It really seems like Disney has taken a back seat and just letting Universal jump the gun with all the big news first. The longer they wait the more people will book things with Universal instead, or have they forgotten it takes people months to plan trips with hotels/flights and what not, it's not all about the locals who can plan the week of.

Apparently this is the first time they didn't announce MNSSHP in April or earlier since 2014, back when they didn't even have August dates offered. Something spooky is going on at Disney, but don't worry we know now EPCOT will be getting George W. Bush pictures (vital to my vacation 🤣)
My concern is that all of this adds up to Disney 'downplaying' or not putting as much effort into this Halloween. By delaying they're making me worry that we won't get as many magical extras, like last year's lackluster cardboard photo backdrops that were sometimes unattended or playing Guns and Roses instead of Halloween music in Adventureland. I want Disney to "plus it up" on Halloween, not phone it in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter