Does MCO have the new Body Scanner that everyone is chatting about?

I didn't say the genitals weren't touched. I said they weren't groped. TSA, and police, fireman, doctors, nurses, priests have all commited crimes on and off the job. I think it's unfair to even bring that up. Just don't see the point. There are plenty of doctors and dentists convicted of molestation; does that mean you are never going to see a doctor or dentist?

Touch? Grope? That determination rests with the person on the receiving end of the contact. What I consider a touch, you might consider a grope (and vice versa). either way, touching peoples genitals in order to allow them to fly is both intrusive and inappropriate.

You know, when a doctor, other health care professional, cop gets accused of professional or on the job misconduct, the resolution is usually public record. When a TSAer gets accused of on the job misconduct, the resolution is hidden from the public under the guise of "privacy" unless criminal charges are brought.

agree. My husband , retired police, always states that people are drawn to jobs that give a lot of opportunity. There are many occupations that have many employed that are gratified by doing their jobs. This may sound callus but true in some cases. Every day there are more and more that really have had enough with this search. I really don't think these searches will make us safer. Every time someone does something (mostly from out of the country originating flights) liquids, shoe and now underwear AMERICANS have to all be subjected to new rules that really aren't helping since a new way is always found. Dogs would be a much better way to find the bombs.

Can you find out from your DH whether a Terry Stop frisk is as "personal" as to include touching the genitals?

Yeah, and we weren't doing airport screening before 9/11? Please let me know that Protestent denominations have gone on record against the WBIs.
Just so you know..Protestants are Christians..they are NOT a entirely different religion. Seems to be a common misconception.
And that, my friends, will be the last religious comment made on this board. If it continues, the thread will be closed. It's pretty close to being done as it is.

Just so you know..Protestants are Christians..they are NOT a entirely different religion. Seems to be a common misconception.
And that, my friends, will be the last religious comment made on this board. If it continues, the thread will be closed. It's pretty close to being done as it is.

Thank You!!!!!!!! I just wanted information on the process and scanners before going - not a religious debate.

You know, when a doctor, other health care professional, cop gets accused of professional or on the job misconduct, the resolution is usually public record. When a TSAer gets accused of on the job misconduct, the resolution is hidden from the public under the guise of "privacy" unless criminal charges are brought.
Actually, nothing is "public record" unless something is filed in a court case. Accusations, IMO, should be treated differently. It's not exactly rare for someone to make up allegations against another. Does that mean someone's reputation/ability to get a job should be trashed?

Look at the youtube link Grace linked to (possibly in another thread... these are getting confusing again)... 9 minutes of news excerpts about TSA misconduct. I don't think it's exactly being hidden from the public.

Touch? Grope? That determination rests with the person on the receiving end of the contact. What I consider a touch, you might consider a grope (and vice versa). either way, touching peoples genitals in order to allow them to fly is both intrusive and inappropriate.

My point exactly. This search is subjective. That is why I experience something myself before I make any conclusions. People use words incorrectly all the time when they don't know a meaning. BTW, grope can be a noun or a verb. As a noun the definition is "An act of fondling someone for sexual pleasure." As a verb the definition is "Feel about or search blindly or uncertainly with the hands." With the search my DH received, he definitely was not "groped". When they got to his genitals, they did not fondle him. They brushed over his genitals and did not grab for anything. I think most people that are opposed to the search are using the term grope in its noun form.

My point exactly. This search is subjective. That is why I experience something myself before I make any conclusions. People use words incorrectly all the time when they don't know a meaning. BTW, grope can be a noun or a verb. As a noun the definition is "An act of fondling someone for sexual pleasure." As a verb the definition is "Feel about or search blindly or uncertainly with the hands." With the search my DH received, he definitely was not "groped". When they got to his genitals, they did not fondle him. They brushed over his genitals and did not grab for anything. I think most people that are opposed to the search are using the term grope in its noun form.

But you only experienced your own search by one particular TSA agent. You don't know how other agents are approaching these patdowns.

90 percent of TSA agents we've encountered have been fine. But there's a percentage that aren't fine, were just jerks to encounter, and their carte blanche power IS something to be QUESTIONED by reasonable citizens.

But you only experienced your own search by one particular TSA agent. You don't know how other agents are approaching these patdowns.

90 percent of TSA agents we've encountered have been fine. But there's a percentage that aren't fine, were just jerks to encounter, and their carte blanche power IS something to be QUESTIONED by reasonable citizens.
I agree with you 100%. However, the uproar doesn't seem (to me) to be "Hey, THIS TSA agent went 'over the line', something needs to be done." It's more "Hey, the TSA is invading our privacy and taking away our dignity."

As has been pointed out, you can look at ANY profession and find workers who are rude, inconsiderate, and unprofessional. That does not mean the profession itself is failed, which seems to be what at least some are claiming with the TSA.

Exactly. And, until I experience an inappropriate search I am not going to assume all of the TSA agents are inappropriate. I would agree that if there was a TSA agent behaving inappropriately, an investigation should take place and action taken agains such agent. I thought in this country people were innocent until proven guilty?
I agree with you 100%. However, the uproar doesn't seem (to me) to be "Hey, THIS TSA agent went 'over the line', something needs to be done." It's more "Hey, the TSA is invading our privacy and taking away our dignity."

As has been pointed out, you can look at ANY profession and find workers who are rude, inconsiderate, and unprofessional. That does not mean the profession itself is failed, which seems to be what at least some are claiming with the TSA.

This is how I interpret posts as well. Of course, we could be wrong but some posters seem to be painting TSA agents with a very broad brush.

Well, here's the problem with the reality of this issue. There are a lot of reports on "travel" and "flyer" bbs that individuals have made complaints about specific interactions with TSAers that the pax considered inappropriate. The official response seems to fall it a few piles:

-just a form letter type - thanks for your concern, we'll look into it.

-based on what you told us, the TSAer followed SOP. Follow up by the pax either get no additional response or the response sorry we can't share the SOP about that with you, it's SSI (sensitive security information).

-in rare cases, an acknowledgement that the procedure will be reinforced in ongoing training. Notably absent is whether or not the screening be questioned was inappropriate or not per the SOP.

-in even rarer cases, and usually only in response to bad publicity, the TSAer was wrong. Again no description of what SHOULD have happened according to the SOP.

I don't think there were but a couple responses by Pistole in the recent hearings that fell outside of these piles. Unless we know what the TSA has determined is the line their employees may to cross, how can there be any productive discussion of the security privacy balance and how is a person to KNOW that a TSAer is going too far?

To his credit, Pistole did say that under 12 and no advanced searches. But on reflection, I don't think his response can be construed to mean no hands on searches of these kids. He was also specific in his response that there were not any religious exemptions to the new methods of screening.

I referenced 9/11 as that event was the catalyst that created the TSA, but was in no way, shape or form singling out a single religion. The religious objections that I've seen on line have mostly come from Jewish and Christian groups citing modesty requirements.

Goofy, just so it's clear. I do know the difference. I also know what groups have and have not made objections to the use of the new technology and techniques.. I was merely asking the pp to be more specific in his assertion.

CPT...

Although I agree with you, I'm guessing those are the same answers you'd get from most companies following a complaint against an employee.

CPT...

Although I agree with you, I'm guessing those are the same answers you'd get from most companies following a complaint against an employee.

There is a great big difference in a "company" and a governmental organization, or a government regulated organization or profession. But more to the point, I can see a retailers refund policy. If I complain that an employee didn't give me an appropriate refund, the company will, if I am correct, make good on the employee error.

I won't address other states, but here in NJ I can go on-line and find out all of the following (and more):

- the rules of the government entity (for example what it takes to be able to collect temporary disability insurance.

- the disciplinary procedings of the various and sundry professional licensing boards.

- the salary or pension of any government employee that is in the pension system.

- the results of civil service disiplinary appeals.

But we can't find out what a TSA "patdown" involves? Or what is SOP wearing orthopedic shoes or braces through the new scanning device. In this later situation, I assume that wearing my shoes results in a patdown even if I don't alarm . . . at least that was the almost universal practice under the old rules. But it's unknown under the new rules.

Then there's the shoulder problem. The scanner requires one to "assume a position." Sen McCain and Dole can not do this due to injuries. You can be certain that there are a number of others with similar limitations. What happens with them? Under the old rules, if the WTMD alarmed they knew what to expect; today?

Just to let everyone know Tsa said early next year that pilots will not have to go through the body scanners or the new pay downs. So know how many fake pilot will be showing up next will be the flight attendants not haveing to go through them.

Just to let everyone know Tsa said early next year that pilots will not have to go through the body scanners or the new pay downs. So know how many fake pilot will be showing up next will be the flight attendants not haveing to go through them.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-...pted-from-physical-checks-tsa-chief-says.html

Sounds like TSA will put a proof of identity process in place. It'll take more than a uniform.

This still is not the discussion of "what's the proper balance between privacy and security in America?"

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-...pted-from-physical-checks-tsa-chief-says.html

Sounds like TSA will put a proof of identity process in place. It'll take more than a uniform.

This still is not the discussion of "what's the proper balance between privacy and security in America?"

yes you are right here an article i found on abc news that ithoiught was good

http://abcnews.go.com/Travel/congressmen-tsa-missed-mark-airport-security-patdowns/story?id=12192559

From a local Orlando news source, FYI.

"Full body scans and probing pat-downs by the Transportation Security Administration have angered not only the public, but politicians as well.
While the TSA said officials will be tweaking passenger screening methods, another angry passenger has also come forward with a disturbing story from a security check. The man, who was flying to Orlando from Detroit, said he has a medical condition, and was left covered in his own urine after agents searched him. The 61-year-old passenger said he has bladder cancer, and must wear a urostomy bag under his clothes to collect his urine. The man said he warned TSA officials the seal of the bag can easily break, but they ignored him, and even rolled their eyes at one point. Sure enough, the bag’s seal broke, and urine started dribbling down the man’s leg and into his pants.

He said he had to walk through the airport soaked in urine, and then wait until after his flight took off just to clean himself. The passenger said he had no problems with security at Orlando International Airport as he went to fly back to Detroit."

From a local Orlando news source, FYI.

"Full body scans and probing pat-downs by the Transportation Security Administration have angered not only the public, but politicians as well.
While the TSA said officials will be tweaking passenger screening methods, another angry passenger has also come forward with a disturbing story from a security check. The man, who was flying to Orlando from Detroit, said he has a medical condition, and was left covered in his own urine after agents searched him. The 61-year-old passenger said he has bladder cancer, and must wear a urostomy bag under his clothes to collect his urine. The man said he warned TSA officials the seal of the bag can easily break, but they ignored him, and even rolled their eyes at one point. Sure enough, the bag’s seal broke, and urine started dribbling down the man’s leg and into his pants.

He said he had to walk through the airport soaked in urine, and then wait until after his flight took off just to clean himself. The passenger said he had no problems with security at Orlando International Airport as he went to fly back to Detroit."
This and many more. There was an ABC news person in Newark and the TSA went into the underwear yesterday. also the guy in San Diego that took off his clothes to avoid another pat down (he had had one the week before and felt violated) he was arrested! THe head of TSA was supposedly on a talk show this morning as well this morning to 'review the procedures and how the ABC reporter issue shouldn't have happened)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter