• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Does the plant based burger at abc commissary taste like meat?

I think you'll get a wide range of opinions on that. I love the Impossible Burgers at home, but I had the plant-based burger at WDW (Art of Animation) on this past Saturday and it really wasn't good. That's just my opinion though. Maybe someone else really likes it.

My Fiancee really liked it at the Commissary but took one bite of the Vegan sloppy joe at Cosmic Rays Starlight Cafe and threw it away.

My Fiancee really liked it at the Commissary but took one bite of the Vegan sloppy joe at Cosmic Rays Starlight Cafe and threw it away.
Threw it away? That's $13- Why not go to the counter and either get a refund or replace it with something else?

Threw it away? That's $13- Why not go to the counter and either get a refund or replace it with something else?
It was pouring rain which made the restaurant elbow to elbow.....that was the only Vegan item on the menu and she decided to use a snack credit (from the dining plan) later in the evening.

It was pouring rain which made the restaurant elbow to elbow.....that was the only Vegan item on the menu and she decided to use a snack credit (from the dining plan) later in the evening.
That puts it in perspective- I've been there when its pouring rain and don't blame her-that place can become a noisy packed madhouse; glad those snack credits came in handy!

We got to taste those on a tour and they were horrible!!

We got to taste those on a tour and they were horrible!!

DH thought so too. I couldn't try it because it's made with sunflower oil which I'm allergic to. Kinda glad I wasn't able to. It didn't look quite like meat and DH said that it tried to taste like it but didn't quite make it. Haven't tried any at the ABC Commissary though. Given the price, IMO I wouldn't give it a flyer unless there I knew something of the source and was OK with it or there was literally nothing else I could eat and was really hungry. I've friends who are vegetarians and they've said that plant-based products are very hit and miss. Some they'll eat and some they won't.

I have heard ...NO . If one wants meat. Order meat. I haven’t tried it. My friend did. He said it tasted like crap.
Lol

I have heard ...NO . If one wants meat. Order meat. I haven’t tried it. My friend did. He said it tasted like crap.
Lol
There are lots of people that don't eat meat but enjoy things like Impossible and Beyond Burgers (tasting like meat).
Other people (like me) find that their bodies don't like all the chemicals found in burgers that taste meat-like.

Last edited:
WHY would you expect a refund on something you ordered and simply didn’t want or like? IMHO Totally entitled and not the restaurants fault.
Anyplace will refund an order if one doesn’t like the food. If I get a burger and don’t like it. They replace it or refund it. That’s standard. And Disney will always make things right. As they should.

Anyplace will refund an order if one doesn’t like the food. If I get a burger and don’t like it. They replace it or refund it. That’s standard. And Disney will always make things right. As they should.
Anyplace might refund the price but that doesn't mean everyone thinks they should have to. I would ask for a refund if it was burned, severely undercooked, loaded with condiments I asked them to hold, or the entirely wrong entree. If it was prepared properly and I don't like the taste, I've lived and learned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter