Does Your Phone Co. Ever Charge You for a

Chattyaholic

~For years I wanted to be older, and now I am~ Mar
phone call you DID NOT make?

We just got our monthly bill today and in looking it over I found a long distance call to West Webster, NY. We don't know anyone there, so after doing some digging I discovered my DH was out of state attending a schooling session for his job and I was at work!! We don't have kids at home anymore so nobody was HERE to make that call at the time they said the call was made. I did a "reverse search" through AT&T and they have no listing for that number. Weird!! I thought about calling to talk to them, but it's only 27 cents so I guess I'll just pay it. Strange though.:confused:

i once had $800 worth of phone calls i never made. they were international calls. called AT&T and they took the charges off. they were also nice enough to put on a block to international numbers.

Now $800 I would definitely call them!! That's a LOT!! I'm kind of surprised they removed the charges for you. I've called in the past, and they say that since everyone has a private line there's no mistake, the calls were made from your phone. :( And since this call is only 27 cents I'll just go ahead and pay it but it does make you wonder...

In college I did. Oddly enough, the way it was set up via the university, it was a call to Korea (made by my roommate) on an account for me, which I never even set up :confused: I called and they charged her for it instead. It was weird though that it was charged to an account though, that I never would have set up (used calling cards and most of my calls were local)

A few years ago when we lived in GA, we got a $230 or so phone bill. There were calls charged to our number from someone in NY to someone in FL. Neither DH nor I had been out of town, and we certainly didn't place the calls. We had the charges removed.

I recently had one that was to somewhere I never heard of. Not in the US. I called and it was removed. It seems it was to some island, and I was told my phone number was stolen off the internet and somehow used for the charges. She said it happens frequently. I give my work number out now if I have to.

WE had some issues with calls being placed to island and it costing 450.00+/call. At+t blamed it on our computers. THERE WAS no one here and no computer hooked that line. WE did get charges taken off after a lot of fighting about it.

The low charge may have been a numer that was dialed incorrectly.

I ended up having to pay twenty something dollars for a call to an island somewhere through at&t too. They said the call was made through our computer and there was no way there was a mistake. I fought with them for weeks but finally had to pay it to avoid having our phone service disconnected. I was pretty ticked about the whole thing and the worst part was they said there was nothing we could do to prevent this happening again (except not making the call through our computer as they were insisting that we did BUT WE DID NOT!) Can you tell that it still ticks me off?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter