"Don't Cancel" Waitlist Request

Aaron

DVC Member
Ok let's say I have a stay booked for late October that is confirmed. But I also have a Waitlist for early October that I'm not yet sure I want to do. I don't have enough points for both. When I book the waitlist I did NOT give it permission to cancel an existing reservation if the waitlist comes through. So what happens? Does it attempt to book and fails because I don't have enough points? Or do they contact me and see if I've made up my mind yet?

Ok let's say I have a stay booked for late October that is confirmed. But I also have a Waitlist for early October that I'm not yet sure I want to do. I don't have enough points for both. When I book the waitlist I did NOT give it permission to cancel an existing reservation if the waitlist comes through. So what happens? Does it attempt to book and fails because I don't have enough points? Or do they contact me and see if I've made up my mind yet?

When this happened with us, I got a phone call. The person told me my waitlist came through, but I had indicated not to cancel so they were calling to see what I wanted to do.

I don't know if this is standard, but it was our experience.

- Dreams

Personally I would not risk setting it up this way. Wait lists are filled manually by MS, not by computer. There is a possibility of error in this situation where the MS CM might assume (due to lack of points) that you wanted them to cancel the original reservation, so they would just go ahead and do that without calling you. Or they might borrow points for the new reservation if you had points available in the next UY. Or they might call you, get no answer and move on to the next person on the wait list.

I would decide what I wanted to do and set it up that way. If MS called you right now to say "your wait list came through, what do you want to do?", what would you tell them?

I think they will borrow the points if you don't have enough You need to actually read the fine print on this one or call.

I don't think they can borrow without owner permission. I believe they would call in this situation, but like state previously this is done manually and you never know when a human error can occur.

You don't know what they will do, take LisaS's advice and don't take a chance.

:earsboy: Bill

Thanks all for the info and advice! We were able to make up our mind and I have what I want booked now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter