Drinking around Epcot

Bellhop97

Former Bellhop, Tower of Terror
Ok.. who has tried/done this and I need drink recommendations please :yay:

My favorite drink is in Morocco. It's the Sultan's Colada. Absolutely love it.

Go onto Easywdw and search "Drink Around the World". They have a great article and list of drinks around World Showcase. They have pictures of the menus as well.

Last edited:
And I enjoy the occasional beer, wine or single malt scotch (not at the same time!), and a night out on the town. But outside of Wine&Cheese, I find it odd and somewhat disappointing that behavior for some visiting EPCOT includes excessive drinking. Last week we saw more than a few large groups (wedding or pre wedding parties) drinking to excess with yelling, clear drunkenness, spilling of drinks, etc.... all the time among families and young kids in the park. Just seems the wrong type of fun in the wrong place and time, plus why at EPCOT and spend $8+ per drink, and not more party themed venues better suited and less expensive? I just do not get it, why have a bridal shower drinking at EPCOT?.

Have done it a few times. I usually have a glass of Prosecco in Italy, and a margarita in Mexico and then mostly stick to beer the rest of the way to keep it simple. :)

Mexico-margarita from La Cava de Tequila
Norway-Carlsberd (They used to have Ringness but I think that's gone.)
China-Cocktail from Joy of Tea (I like the peach one!)
Germany-beer from the beer counter, varies (If the line is long try Sommerfest.)
Italy-depends, either a Bellini or their slushy drink from the drinks kiosk
America-Do they still have Sam Adams? The Fife & Drum is a wasted opportunity.
Japan-Saki cocktail
Morocco-We usually eat here so Casa beer
France-I like the Grey Goose slushies.
UK-beer, Guiness draft inside the Rose and Crown
Canada-Fin du Monde if they have it.

We usually take two evenings. Sharing is best!

We've done it with beer and again with wine and again with mixed drinks (sort of).

There were 3 of us for the beer one, one person would order a beer and the other two would share with them, that way we didn't get totally snokered. I love the grapefruit beer in Germany, my son loves the Canadian lager. For the wine, we do (every trip) wine tastings in Germany, Italy and France. Germany and France they are in the wine shop. In Italy there is one in the wine shop and they have a wine bar. While we were doing the beer tasting we also did a tasting of QS around the world, getting one something at every country and all three of us sharing (helps soak up the beer). For the mixed drinks, we did LaCava in Mexico (but if you go at the wrong time and don't know the super secret password and handshake your chances of getting a table are nil), grey goose slushie in France, saki in Japan. We had already done the beer and wine (on separate days) on that trip and some of us did mixed drinks, some water, some beer or wine that wasn't tasted on the previous pass through. I'm thinking in some of the countries the only way to get a mixed drink is to go inside to the restaurant, I know Canada and GB only have beer. Norway only has beer. Germany only has beer. France has a little kiosk, Mexico had the margerita stand but that seems to be closed right now. I think you can get some sort of something in China. I don't remember any kiosk in Italy with any kind of alcohol. Morocco has a little kiosk and Japan has a little bar that has wine, sake, beer in front of their QS restaurant. I promise we are not alcoholics but go often and are all adults who enjoy a refreshing adult beverage.

I've never done it but one August we saw a girl who must have finished drinking around the world and was puking in the garbage can... 90+ degrees, humidity and drinking didn't mix well with her :sad1:

Go onto Easywdw and search "Drink Around the World". They have a great article and list of drinks around World Showcase. They have pictures of the menus as well.

Thank you for mentioning the Sultan's Colada, googled it and its now on my list for must try!

Great thread. Drank at Epcot a billion times so I think it's high time I did "around the world"!!

I'm getting food ideas.. Keep them coming....

MG

I'm a beer guy so I love to hit the Canada Cart for something from Unibroue (on draft no less) and Einstok Beer from Norway. We generally go during a festival in the spring or fall so there are all the kiosks out, making it much easier to go around the world.

One tip - do every other or every third pavilion and walk around the Showcase 2 or 3 times (if you're serious about hitting every country) - each loop around is about a mile and it helps you work off the snacks & drinks without feeling too gross. Not ideal in the afternoon heat - but very pleasant in the evening before illuminations.

We literally do this on every trip. I highly suggest sharing drinks, and even completing over 2-3 days. We bought the cute, cheap personalized Drink Around the World Showcase online, which are fun for keeping track of drinks. Take photos in each country - makes a great collage (we like wearing the hats from each country). Our favorites are the margaritas in LaCava (jalapeño- yum!!), a wine flight or Italian margarita in Italy, and the citrus slushie in France. Also like beer in UK, Norway, Germany (the grapefruit beer is good), Italy, and Morocco.

Have fun - this is definitely doable without offending others!!

We do this too, but for us it's over the entire trip. We usually eat in Epoct so it gives us quite a few evenings to split it up

We literally do this on every trip. I highly suggest sharing drinks, and even completing over 2-3 days. We bought the cute, cheap personalized Drink Around the World Showcase online, which are fun for keeping track of drinks. Take photos in each country - makes a great collage (we like wearing the hats from each country). Our favorites are the margaritas in LaCava (jalapeño- yum!!), a wine flight or Italian margarita in Italy, and the citrus slushie in France. Also like beer in UK, Norway, Germany (the grapefruit beer is good), Italy, and Morocco.

Have fun - this is definitely doable without offending others!!
It seems like that would be cheating....

MG

Will look into..

I'm a beer guy so I love to hit the Canada Cart for something from Unibroue (on draft no less) and Einstok Beer from Norway. We generally go during a festival in the spring or fall so there are all the kiosks out, making it much easier to go around the world.

One tip - do every other or every third pavilion and walk around the Showcase 2 or 3 times (if you're serious about hitting every country) - each loop around is about a mile and it helps you work off the snacks & drinks without feeling too gross. Not ideal in the afternoon heat - but very pleasant in the evening before illuminations.
I'm a beer girl..lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter