Drinks around the pool

SPLzero

Mouseketeer
We got back from Boulder Ridge a few weeks ago and noticed that people had drinks in and around the edge of the pool deck at both the quiet and feature pool. Has something changed recently because I remember them constantly telling people they can't have drinks around the wet deck or in the pool.

I know at RIV in June they were not allowed at the main pool. I did have one near the quiet pool in my Tervis tumbler but no one was around and it was later in the day.

WOW, my last time at Disney was in February for two weeks at OKW and prior in October for a week at GFVs and a week at BWVs and every.single.time I take my Lilly P. plastic wine glass to the pool and it blatant that I am drinking wine (can't miss the colors). The wine "glass" is plastic, but I have had some lifeguards come over and check it wasn't glass but once they see it is plastic they just say thank you and walk away.

I'll be at GFVs for a week in October and then moving for a week to OKW and have my wine "glass" put aside. I'll test it then.

I know at both RIV in Nov,
And Kidani in Feb

The drink police we constantly marching around…..

And right after they left the servers would bring you your drinks …..

To separate departments with competing agendas

Good luck

There were people drinking beers in the hot tube and a lifeguard checked the hot tube and didnt say a word.

All other DVC/Disney pools they would be blowing their whistle from the other side of the pool.

I’ve had no issues with plastic cups at the BR pool or other resort pools in the past, even with the servers from GP walking around. Anything glass would not be allowed for safety reasons, understandably so. Plus, the resort mugs they sell are plastic and many of the refill stations are at or near the pools. Don’t see them telling you those are not allowed.

I’ve had no issues with plastic cups at the BR pool or other resort pools in the past, even with the servers from GP walking around. Anything glass would not be allowed for safety reasons, understandably so. Plus, the resort mugs they sell are plastic and many of the refill stations are at or near the pools. Don’t see them telling you those are not allowed.
They way the drink police explained it,
It s a new state law and it applies to pools and hot tubes equally, and all drinks adult and non adult

Not WDW but I was at HHI two weeks ago and there were signs at both pools saying that drinks were not allowed within a certain distance from the water. I also saw the CMs enforcing it. I didn't see these signs last year as I remember people holding beer cans while in the pool. Must be a new policy.

They way the drink police explained it,
It s a new state law and it applies to pools and hot tubes equally, and all drinks adult and non adult
Interesting! I’ll be at the WL in 3 weeks, guess I’ll find out! So it’s ok for a server to bring a drink, but not ok to bring water/soda in your own plastic cup? Not in the pool, but in a chair/lounger?

Interesting! I’ll be at the WL in 3 weeks, guess I’ll find out! So it’s ok for a server to bring a drink, but not ok to bring water/soda in your own plastic cup? Not in the pool, but in a chair/lounger?
The common phrase we heard was “pool deck”. If you are sitting in the chairs or at a table they can serve you….

If you are sitting were part of your body could be in the water, they will ask you not to….

My experience is that one or two of the life guards usually in blue, are charged with policing, and nobody else cares

The common phrase we heard was “pool deck”. If you are sitting in the chairs or at a table they can serve you….

If you are sitting were part of your body could be in the water, they will ask you not to….

My experience is that one or two of the life guards usually in blue, are charged with policing, and nobody else cares
Thanks! That makes more sense.

My understanding is that you can't sit with feet in the water or be in the water with any drink.

So I guess technically it is a rule

Florida Department of Health
4) Food and beverages are prohibited in the pool and on the pool wet deck area; animals and glass containers are prohibited within the fenced pool area, or 50 feet from pool edge when no fence exists.

We were at BWV 2 weeks ago, had water in our resort mugs, sitting in the pool edge and were told no drinks in the pool. We only were drinking water because it was 97 degrees ...so whatever.....

We stayed at GF last week BPK and always preferred the quiet pool. We were taken back by the walk around servers giving drinks to people in the pool, like at a Vegas pool. What got even more interesting was the grandpa and his grandkid getting served meals in the pool. They ate on the side of the pool and left the boxes to be picked up by the same server.

This has come a long way from 2004 when my wife and were celebrating our 1 year anniversary. We brought a 6 pack of Coors Light from the gift shop and got told to take them 6 feet away from the wilderness lodge hot tub! We always brought our own to the quiet pools since but stayed without in the main pool.

We were at Boardwalk in the middle of July and they were enforcing it....of course one family kept trying to act like it was the first time they were told even though they had been told several times. They were drinking Bloody Marys too! Who wants that spilled in their pool water....

They enforce this at SAB, especially the hot tubs. You're not allowed to have drinks when you are in the water. They make you go put them back at your chair.

So it looks like if by/in pool no, if on the deck, yes.

We were at BWV 2 weeks ago, had water in our resort mugs, sitting in the pool edge and were told no drinks in the pool. We only were drinking water because it was 97 degrees ...so whatever.....
There is no way for CM to determine if it is just water.
One step further is many times I have seen people use water bottles for vodka.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter