driving to WDW--PENSACOLA hotels???

bpr2002

<font color=FF99FF>Mama Bear<br>Always willing to
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
YAY!! My husband and I are driving in to WDW from Louisiana for our first year anniversary :tongue: ; we hope to drive on to Pensacola the first day; has anyone ever stayed a night there? Does anyone have any hotel recommendations or suggestions?
Any idea how long it will take?

Thank y'all!!!! :sunny:

I used to live in Pensacola, most of the chaiin hotels are there, but I've never stayed in one.

The drive to Orlando from P'cola is about 8 hours.

Shoot, you are only about 9-10 hours away from WDW if you live in BR. Forget about Pensacola, unless you really want to stay there. Most of the hotels are closer to the beach and not really close to the interstate. If you are taking a beach vacation and not just spending the night, go to Destin or Fort Walton instead of Pensacola. Much nicer beach area. You are only about 2-3 hours from Pensacola.

If you are taking a beach vacation and not just spending the night, go to Destin or Fort Walton instead of Pensacola. Much nicer beach area.
They are reclaiming/widening the beach area in Pensacola to "undo" the hurricane damage from several years ago (was it Opal?). Originally the refurbishment was suppossed to be complete before the summer 2003 tourist season, but the dredging ship damaged itself late last fall (!?!) which caused the finish date to slip out by a month or two. My family will be visiting Pensacola Beach in June and I will report on the condition of the restoration.

We usually stay in Pensacola when driving to and from WDW from Houston. Usually we leave Houston around 11 am and would get to Pensacola for dinner with family members.

We caravanned with friends last year who stayed in a hotel near the mall. Maybe Hampton Inn, HI Express, or LaQuinta ???. It was right near the freeway and very convenient.

Usually we leave around 8-9am and arrive at WDW by 3pm. Coming from LA, you might consider driving to Tallahassee. That is what we are planning on doing this year so that we can arrive at WDW a bit earlier. (We no longer have relatives in Pensacola or we would stay with them.)

HI! I'm from right down the road in Lafayette. In Nov. 2001, DH,DS, and I stayed at the Hampton Inn on Plantation Road. We chose it because it was near the Interstate and a mall! We spent the evening at the mall and called it an early night. Pensacola is 5 hours from Lafayette, so it would take you about 4 hours depending on where in B.R. you are located. We used the Entertainment Card and got the room for $40. If I were you, I'd take the suggestion to drive to Tallahassee. I think it's 2 hours past Pensacola and puts you that much closer to Disney World!
:bounce:

Christine

Thanks for all the great tips and advice, everyone!

I can't wait to share them with my husband :p

We have to stop midway because we will be leaving on a Friday around midday. We both have to work that morning!
Oh, well, you do what you have to make it to WDW!!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter