Droid Not Allowed on DCL?

Is this the BB8 droid? We haven't been on since the Magic in 2016, but I thought we saw them selling the radio controlled BB8 onboard. It was like 200 bucks but available. Wonder if like alcohol they delivered it to the room on the last night? Forgot that DCL doesn't deliver alcohol to the room anymore, but you get what I mean.

Is this the BB8 droid? We haven't been on since the Magic in 2016, but I thought we saw them selling the radio controlled BB8 onboard. It was like 200 bucks but available. Wonder if like alcohol they delivered it to the room on the last night? Forgot that DCL doesn't deliver alcohol to the room anymore, but you get what I mean.
No, this is the droid you build at Galaxy's Edge. It's more involved.

I expect the concern is kids playing in the hallways and it becoming a trip hazard and noise issue for other guests.

Thanks for posting this! My 3 kids will each be building one so I guess they will have to ride out the cruise in grandma's car which will be parked at the port.

Thanks for posting this! My 3 kids will each be building one so I guess they will have to ride out the cruise in grandma's car which will be parked at the port.
That's a good idea too... leave it in the car in the parking lot.

Has anyone shipped one home yet? I'm trying to figure out costs to see if it's worth trying to ship or just let them hold it for our cruise. Thanks!

Where are confiscated items stored? Are they put in the pokey on the ship or stored at the port? What happens if they damage something? Has anyone ever had a confiscated item damaged?

We will have 2 on our next cruise: the one I built last month at DLR and the one my son will build at WDW. I have gotten pretty attached to mine. I would hate for anything bad to happen to him.

I expect the concern is kids playing in the hallways and it becoming a trip hazard and noise issue for other guests.
They said they were only taking them away because they had a remote control. We got them back in perfect condition. 😁

This sucks...I saw on instagram that someone posed theirs on the beach with the ship behind them. Maybe they didn't take the remote?

This sucks...I saw on instagram that someone posed theirs on the beach with the ship behind them. Maybe they didn't take the remote?
Wow! If they pulled that off in a checked bag, I don’t see how it would make it through. Ours still seem pretty fragile. I would never take them on the beach.

Maybe they were the ones that you could BUY in Droid Depot, but were not the remote controlled ones?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter