Dtd Checkin

PAULINE HALL

Earning My Ears
We are going to Orlando for the first time in October, we plan to use the Twilight Checkin at Gatwick. Could anyone tell me the procedure and the whereabout of Downtown Disney Checkin or will it become apparent when we are there.:Pinkbounc
I would appreciate anyones help.
thank you
Pauline

Hi,

I can't help you with the Twilight Check in but I am sure someone will get back to you on that. With regards to the Downtown Disney Checkin for Virgin customers, I have a bad feeling this has been stopped since Sept 11th due to security risks. Now I may well be wrong but I am sure I read about it somewhere.

Hopefully someone will confirm the above for you. I hope you have a great trip though.

Dave

Thank you for your reply Dave. We have this end (Twilight Checkin) in hand.
Virgin have started the Downtown Checkin again, so I just wanted to know the proceedure in Orlando.
I am sure we will have a great time

Pauline

Its still closed as far as I am aware.

The V-A cabin crew will be able to confirm on the plane.

The check in is in the car park at Downtown Disney West, to the left of the Multiplex Cinema.

All there is is a counter with a canopy overhead to protect it.

It opens about 8:30 and there will normally be couple of large Virgin liveried trucks parked there for the luggage.

You just hand over your luggage, collect your boarding passes and go off shopping until the afternoon

Hello Malcolm
Thank you for your reply the info is very helpful.
I thought I read on the boards somewhere that
DTD is re-opening, perhaps I was wrong anyway
if it isn't open let hope it will be by October.
Pauline

Hi Pauline :wave:

I haven't heard as yet that it is back up and running - but as Malcolm has said, when it is you just get there as early as you can (a queue forms very quickly and there is no shade) to 8-30 and all of those travelling have to be there when they check tickets etc. We have used it 3 times now and it does save a lot of aggro when you get to the airport - and they never weighed the luggage either which was a BIG bonus! LOL

Lets hope they get it going again real soon :)

Pauline,

I must admit we used the service last April. We got there at about 10:00 (I think) which is pretty late so we had no queue at all. We just spent a few hours wandering around Downtown Disney and then headed to MCO. It was a nice relaxing morning :)

When we visit in June I will keep my eyes open for any signs that its back open.

Dave

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter