DVC Dining Discount/In-Laws paying

spaddy

<font color=deeppink>I swear he would make us ride
I was wondering if anyone had any problems using their discount if someone else was paying. I am going with my in laws and I know they will want to pay for all the meals. I was wondering if I would have any problem using my DVC discount if they were the ones actually buying the meals?

I thought maybe someone else has had to deal with this situation. I guess we could just charge them to the room, but I am not sure how my in laws will feel about that.

You won't have a problem. We have gone out with friends and/or relatives and have used our card for the discount when the others have treated.

Have fun and be nice to those in-laws.;)

HBC

As long as it's all on one check and the member is present you won't have a problem. However, you really never know what an given CM is going to do or say so at least be prepared to be challenged just in case.

The in laws went with us Jan 06 and Crystal Palace would not let me use the DDE card discount if the in laws were paying. We didn't try anywhere else after that. We were all on the same ticket - not split up. They told me I had to be the one paying.

We were there in Nov. The inlaws paid for all of our meals with their credit card, using my discount. We had no problems.

I have done it that way for years and never had a problem. Even forgot my card a few times and they still gave me the discount.

The in laws went with us Jan 06 and Crystal Palace would not let me use the DDE card discount if the in laws were paying. We didn't try anywhere else after that. We were all on the same ticket - not split up. They told me I had to be the one paying.
You can always put it on the room and pay a portion on a different CC later at the front desk.

The in laws went with us Jan 06 and Crystal Palace would not let me use the DDE card discount if the in laws were paying.

The DDE card is different from the DVC discount that the OP was wondering about.

HBC

Come on....are you joking....in-laws pay for meals....really....
I have bben married 25 years, and my In-Laws have never, ever paid for any meals!!! NONE!!!
I want new In-Laws.........lol:rotfl:

Come on....are you joking....in-laws pay for meals....really....
I have bben married 25 years, and my In-Laws have never, ever paid for any meals!!! NONE!!!
I want new In-Laws.........lol:rotfl:
Threaten to return the spouse and they should come around.

That is very weird. I've been using the DDE for about a year and 1/2 now and NEVER had that issue. Multiple times I've gone out and put my DDE in card in the little folder with someone else's CC. No wait-person has ever told me that.

I wonder if the problem was your wait-person didn't want to go back and modify the ticket. I get the impression that the DDE discount takes someone with an override privilege. Because several times I've had the wait-person come back, and say something like "I'm still looking for the manager to put your DDE in."

johno

We are paying for their room so I assumed they will want to pay for the food. I will let you know about that.

I am trying to decided between DDP and the DVC discount. The 3 TS places we would want to eat I could get 10% off. I am having trouble figuring out what was best. I feel like I am trying to decided what I am going to order 2 weeks from now. My head is starting to hurt.

Pay cash and you will not have a problem.

I was wondering if anyone had any problems using their discount if someone else was paying. I am going with my in laws and I know they will want to pay for all the meals. I was wondering if I would have any problem using my DVC discount if they were the ones actually buying the meals?

I thought maybe someone else has had to deal with this situation. I guess we could just charge them to the room, but I am not sure how my in laws will feel about that.

Never had a problem.

Been with several people and we take turns paying.

You shouldn't have a problem. The paperwork states that, "The discount applies only to check presented to member with valid membership card. Member must be present."

That way I read this is that as long as your whole party is being presented with one check, you should be eligible to use your discount even if you are not the person paying. It does not specifically state that the member has to pay. If the CM tells you otherwise, I would politely challenge them and ask to speak with their manager.

I bought the DDE for my last trip, and honestly I still missed the DDP. I think it is a much better deal, as long as you are not planning on using it towards dining at the Signature restaurants often.

Edited to add: OOPS - I totally mis-read this topic. I thought you asked about the DDE discount, not DVC - Sorry.

When I booked a room for friends (last year), their room keys had "DVC member" on it. That was all they needed to get the discount at Kimono's when they picked up the check.:thumbsup2 No one asked DH or me for our membership cards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter