DVC Disneyland Wish Club

I'm all for it as well but I have another wish to add in to the mix. If they do it I really hope they will come out with some sort of special DVC AP that includes WDW & DL. My biggest problem with getting to DL, which I absolutely LOVE, is that we buy AP's and get them to cover two summers so I just can't get myself to break away from Florida.

You could always get AP's for Disneyland and WDW. We do.

I am hoping for a GC villa also. Actually any DVC at DLR. I heard last year that the DVC decor for DLR was similar to BWV. That doesn't fit into the GC decor, so maybe there will also be a stand alone DVC nearby?

Maybe they'll build a Boardwalk resort in place of Paradise Pier Hotel? It fits with the supposed placemaking of the Paradise Pier area of DCA.

With all the excitement over AKV I thought I'd start the DL DVC Wish Club. Anyone else want to join?
I'll be first in line if they announce Grand CA Villas.:love:

Great logo! I'm definitely in. Can't wait to stay at the Villas of the Grand Californian! It's an awesome resort.

Well, there's a new rumor (at least to me) at O-meon this week (I'd post the link, but I can't because I don't have enough posts yet- just add a www before O-meon and a .com to the end and you will find it). They say Disney is building a "boutique" hotel that sounds like it might fit in with Longhairbear's rumor. And it seems to me if they are building anything new it had BETTER have a DVC as part of it!

You could always get AP's for Disneyland and WDW.

I'm really hoping that once DL gets the Villas that there is a significant AP discount. The premium pass is already $360.00 and $20.00 off is really pretty much worthless to me.

Well, there's a new rumor (at least to me) at O-meon this week (I'd post the link, but I can't because I don't have enough posts yet- just add a www before O-meon and a .com to the end and you will find it). They say Disney is building a "boutique" hotel that sounds like it might fit in with Longhairbear's rumor. And it seems to me if they are building anything new it had BETTER have a DVC as part of it!

Here's the link http://www.o-meon.com/pages/news%26features/-2007/n%26f_02-05-07.html

Great article! If indeed there's a new hotel to be built, I would HOPE it will include DVC accomodations! It BETTER or I may have to go kick some Disney butt.:rotfl:

Love the People Mover idea. Great way to revamp an old attraction.

Carland.....TOTALLY EXCITED ABOUT THIS!!!!:woohoo: :cheer2: :woohoo: :cheer2:

I just read on another site debunking that rumor. It is said to have been once considered, but no longer valid.

You could always get AP's for Disneyland and WDW. We do.

Yes, if I lived closer to DL like you then I would buy both. Unfortunately it is almost the exact same distance to both DL & WDW, there is about 10 miles difference for us. It just is not worth it to us to buy AP's to both parks. And since WDW has so much more to do that is where we end up going. If we had a pass that included both then we would do both. I just can't see myself buying AP's to both parks because of the break even point. Like I said, that point would be much different if we lived close enough that we could take short trips several times a year but with either park area being about a 20 hour drive for us it just isn't going to happen!

Surely I'm not the only person that would like AP's that included the DL & WDW parks?:confused:

They are saying the Del Coronado rumor is now invalid over on Mouseinfo

Yeah, I read that response by someone. Doesn't mean they're right though. I'M KEEPIN' THE DREAM ALIVE!:cool1:

Longhairbear...dude...you're bringing me down man.:hippie:

Don't you know that there's no squelching the dreams allowed here in the Disneyland DVC Wish Club?!:rotfl:

Surely I'm not the only person that would like AP's that included the DL & WDW parks?:confused:

That would be absolutely perfect for us!!!! This wish list is getting longer and longer...

Yeah, I read that response by someone. Doesn't mean they're right though. I'M KEEPIN' THE DREAM ALIVE!:cool1:

Longhairbear...dude...you're bringing me down man.:hippie:

Don't you know that there's no squelching the dreams allowed here in the Disneyland DVC Wish Club?!:rotfl:
Hey,no one wants a DLR DVC more than I, including you...so there..'cause I said so.:-)
I was really disapointed also, but that poster and a few others have a first rate record for these kinds of things. Did you see they are also talking about a huge upgrade to the DLH? Maybe the DVC is going there also?

Hey,no one wants a DLR DVC more than I, including you...so there..'cause I said so.:-)
I was really disapointed also, but that poster and a few others have a first rate record for these kinds of things. Did you see they are also talking about a huge upgrade to the DLH? Maybe the DVC is going there also?

Well, the DLH does need a little "sparkle" added to those buildings, if ya know what I mean. They're not the most attractive buildings.;) If they incorporated a DVC there, that would be AWESOME!

I'm really not that disappointed. Actually what I think they need at Disneyland is, of course a DVC resort or DVC addition of some kind, and an onsite moderate hotel (considering ALL the onsite Disney hotels are priced-per-night as a deluxe resort). They need something in the $125-$145 price range to get more people on site and spending more of their money there too!

Now, if they want to build a new deluxe resort, I'm all for that!:yay: But then I would hope that they would make the Paradise Pier a moderate.

Well, the DLH does need a little "sparkle" added to those buildings, if ya know what I mean. They're not the most attractive buildings.;) If they incorporated a DVC there, that would be AWESOME!

I'm really not that disappointed. Actually what I think they need at Disneyland is, of course a DVC resort or DVC addition of some kind, and an onsite moderate hotel (considering ALL the onsite Disney hotels are priced-per-night as a deluxe resort). They need something in the $125-$145 price range to get more people on site and spending more of their money there too!

Now, if they want to build a new deluxe resort, I'm all for that!:yay: But then I would hope that they would make the Paradise Pier a moderate.
Even though the hotels run near capacity,they are still losing out on the lower price crowd, that would save on a room, and spend more time at the resort. We love Paradise Pier over DLH, but used points that were in a holding account. Otherwise we stay at Hojos, when we want to stay overnight.A DVC would certainly keep us there overnight more often.

loribell said:
That would be absolutely perfect for us!!!! This wish list is getting longer and longer...

Yes I agree it would be great, but I don't see the difference in buying one in each park or having one pass that allows you to go to both. The price would probably end up being the same or close anyway. Unless they gave a really sweet discount for DVCers!!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter