DVC membership and free parking

mamaofsix

DIS Veteran
Is parking at resorts and parks free for DVC members only, or for all those connected to DVC reservations? For example, if my family was staying in a DVC grand villa and we had 4 different vehicles, would all 4 vehicles park for free - or just the vehicle connected to the actual DVC member?

Thanks!

As far as I have been able to gather, parking is free at the resort you are staying at with your DVC membership. Parking at the parks specifically is not free unless you have that attached to an annual pass or something similar.

I am not sure if there are restrictions on how many cars get free parking in your DVC resort reservation. I am also curious as I have a trip coming up and will need to park 2 vehicles.

Parking at Theme Parks is free for those staying at a Disney owned & operated resort and for annual passholders. It's not a DVC member benefit.
Overnight Parking at Resorts is free when staying on points (any Disney Resort including Disney Collection Reservations) or when a member stays at a DVC Resort (on cash or points).

Isn't theme park parking still free for any onsite guest? Or did that change to AP holders only?

We have one cash night at AKL in dec and one at ASMovies ( our last value before our points become avail and fun fir little guy )
Will we pay parking at both then?

We have one cash night at AKL in dec and one at ASMovies ( our last value before our points become avail and fun fir little guy )
Yes, assuming the AKL night was booked through Disney and not through DVC for a DVC Villa, then yes. If you booked a villa for cash through DVC, then no. The All Stars will definitely need you to pay resort parking...both will give you free theme park parking if you drive to the parks.

Thank you yes I booked through Disney. I don’t have a card yet I assume it will show up In the mail someday

Yes, assuming the AKL night was booked through Disney and not through DVC for a DVC Villa, then yes. If you booked a villa for cash through DVC, then no. The All Stars will definitely need you to pay resort parking...both will give you free theme park parking if you drive to the parks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad I bumped into this thread...I thought I had read that resort parking was no longer free--not even for DVC Members or Passholders. So I'm now able to re-think renting a car or not for our 10-day trip, which was looking like a bad idea when I was factoring in $250 in parking charges.

Glad I bumped into this thread...I thought I had read that resort parking was no longer free--not even for DVC Members or Passholders. So I'm now able to re-think renting a car or not for our 10-day trip, which was looking like a bad idea when I was factoring in $250 in parking charges.

Parking at the resorts isn't free for passholders. It is free for DVC Members when staying on reservations booked through DVC Member Services.

Theme park parking is free for any onsite Disney guest (including DVC), and for annual passholders. If you're staying offsite, DVC does not get free theme park parking...that requires an Annual Pass.

We have 8 people staying in a 2 Bedroom Villa. We are staying on points. We live in Georgia and will be driving two vehicles. Do we have to pay to park for the extra vehicle?

Is AKL a regular hotel room or a DVC villa? If DVC villa on cash, a member gets free parking. If regular hotel room, you will have to pay.

No idea..i will have to look at my reservation . Are there words that distinguish the two I’m sure I’ll have to pay.. I’m getting used to that at Disney lol

Is AKL a regular hotel room or a DVC villa? If DVC villa on cash, a member gets free parking. If regular hotel room, you will have to pay.

No idea..i will have to look at my reservation . Are there words that distinguish the two I’m sure I’ll have to pay.. I’m getting used to that at Disney lol
What did you reserve? If you booked through Disney cash, and it says Animal Kingdom Lodge, it is a regular cash room. If it says Villas anywhere, then it is a DVC unit.

It says animal kingdom villas Jambo House
So I park for free??

What did you reserve? If you booked through Disney cash, and it says Animal Kingdom Lodge, it is a regular cash room. If it says Villas anywhere, then it is a DVC unit.

Isn't it parking only if booked by a DVC member on cash or points? So a Villa could be booked thru CRO by a non-DVC members and they'd have to pay for parking?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter