• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC membership and free parking

Yes on a cash stay in dec.. as my points aren’t accessible until riviera opens and this trip was already booked

Any form of payment at a DVC resort by a DVC Member. I assumed she’s a member.

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/faq/resort-reservations/parking/

Non-members on cash would have to pay.

QUOTE="DebbieB, post: 60652587, member: 2697"]Any form of payment at a DVC resort by a DVC Member. I assumed she’s a member.

Non-members on cash would have to pay.[/QUOTE]

If you are a member (or renting through a member) and book through MS, either cash or points, you get free parking at the resort. If you book for cash or any other way (magic, savings bonds, who knows) through Disney Reservation Center or a hotel or travel website (such as Expedia), you will pay to park nightly.

If you are a Disney Resort guest (DVC, regular Disney resort), you get free parking at the theme parks in standard parking. Being a DVC member doesn't give you free parking at the theme parks if you are not staying on DVC points or cash on site.

If you are a member (or renting through a member) and book through MS, either cash or points, you get free parking at the resort. If you book for cash or any other way (magic, savings bonds, who knows) through Disney Reservation Center or a hotel or travel website (such as Expedia), you will pay to park nightly.

If you are a Disney Resort guest (DVC, regular Disney resort), you get free parking at the theme parks in standard parking. Being a DVC member doesn't give you free parking at the theme parks if you are not staying on DVC points or cash on site.

Bumping this old thread because I'm a little confused about this point still.

The FAQ page linked above on the DVC site doesn't actually say anywhere that the cash stay in a DVC room has to be booked through member services. It simply says "Members will not be charged for standard overnight self-parking when staying in a Disney Vacation Club Deluxe Villa at Walt Disney World Resort, Disney's Vero Beach Resort or Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort, regardless of whether they use Vacation Points or another form of payment."

Is the "must book through MS" a known-for-certain rule? For example if I stay on cash having booked with an Annual Passholder discount directly on the website, even though I'm a DVC member, I'm not entitled to free parking? If so, why doesn't the FAQ say this?

Bumping this old thread because I'm a little confused about this point still.

The FAQ page linked above on the DVC site doesn't actually say anywhere that the cash stay in a DVC room has to be booked through member services. It simply says "Members will not be charged for standard overnight self-parking when staying in a Disney Vacation Club Deluxe Villa at Walt Disney World Resort, Disney's Vero Beach Resort or Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort, regardless of whether they use Vacation Points or another form of payment."

Is the "must book through MS" a known-for-certain rule? For example if I stay on cash having booked with an Annual Passholder discount directly on the website, even though I'm a DVC member, I'm not entitled to free parking? If so, why doesn't the FAQ say this?

From how I understand it, it has to be a DVC reservation. When you book through Disney, including through an AP discount, you have not booked a DVC reservation.

I agree it could be confusing, but the FAQ is about DVC inventory and not Disney owned inventory.

DVC reservations can only be booked via MS.

From how I understand it, it has to be a DVC reservation. When you book through Disney, including through an AP discount, you have not booked a DVC reservation.

I agree it could be confusing, but the FAQ is about DVC inventory and not Disney owned inventory.

DVC reservations can only be booked via MS.

So when you book a cash reservation from DVC, that's coming from the "points" pool and not Disney's "other" cash inventory pool? If so that leads to several other questions:

1) Does that typically mean that cash availability through Member Services should mirror points-based availability on the RAT online?
2) Does that mean that a post-restrictions resale owner (like me) would be prohibited from booking Riviera on cash via DVC? (I am not attempting to do this, but it occurred to me just now).

Either way I'm going to try asking MS directly about each of these.

So when you book a cash reservation from DVC, that's coming from the "points" pool and not Disney's "other" cash inventory pool? If so that leads to several other questions:

1) Does that typically mean that cash availability through Member Services should mirror points-based availability on the RAT online?
2) Does that mean that a post-restrictions resale owner (like me) would be prohibited from booking Riviera on cash via DVC? (I am not attempting to do this, but it occurred to me just now).

I am not 100% sure about where the rooms come from, or how they decide it all, but there are times when you can not get a cash night from MS that is on the Disney site. I almost needed a cash night for my December stay at BLT..waitlist came through first...and the quote for the LV villa was not discounted. It was rack rate.

When you book cash through MS, it can be linked with a DVC points stay so it is considered the same and won’t need to move rooms. If you book through Disney, not the case...well, it’s not guaranteed.

Not all DVC rooms are available for cash booking through MS, so I can’t answer about resale owners and RIV. They may never be available for cash booking through MS.

0) The rep I just spoke to at Member Services (who, i acknowledge, could be wrong), claimed that *any* cash stay (at a villa) should have free parking for DVC members, that I can show my card and they would waive the parking charges.

1) Inventory that I asked about did not seem to directly mirror the RAT.

2) She also had no problem pricing out a Riviera cash stay for me.

Last edited:
I should also note that the Riviera price she gave me for a standard studio for the dates I wanted was notably better than the current AP discount which seemed strange to me.

0) The rep I just spoke to at Member Services (who, i acknowledge, could be wrong), claimed that *any* cash stay should have free parking for DVC members, that I can show my card and they would waive the parking charges.

DVC members don't pay for parking whenever they stay on points (in a DVC villa or through the Disney Collection). DVC members also don't pay for parking if they stay via cash in a DVC villa. Also I wouldn't expect what MS has available for booking through cash to match at all what the RAT shows as available. The RAT is unclaimed rooms, the cash rooms through MS are rooms that DVC booked utilizing their points and you are simply a renter from DVC (these are probably some rooms they held back from sending to CRO or simply are rooms they did send to CRO).

0) The rep I just spoke to at Member Services (who, i acknowledge, could be wrong), claimed that *any* cash stay (at a villa) should have free parking for DVC members, that I can show my card and they would waive the parking charges.

Well, that is great to know. I had the wrong information! So, if you choose a DVC villa, regardless, it will be free. If you cash stay T a non DVC villa, it’s not!

Very good that someone could pay cash for RIV through MS too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter