DVC owner demographics?

chrylaser

Earning My Ears
My family is in the process of purchasing our first DVC contract (SSR). My wife and I are both 32 and we have a 2 year old daughter. We bought in because we love Disney and know we will go often. I'm interested to know who else buys DVC properties. Young families, retired couples? If love to hear about you and why you purchased!

My husband and I bought last year when we were 28 and 30. We don't have kids nor do we plan to in the near future. We come from the uk and though for years we stayed offsite in a villa, one onsite stay and we were hooked. We bought our first contract resale and then a month later we bought VGF direct.

We purchased into DVC in 2001. I'm 47 now and husband is 51. We have a daughter, age 9. Husband has always been a huge Disney fan. Got married @ WDW and it was wonderful. Sure made my hubby happy. We purchased because as friends who belonged said, "it's a no brainer." We knew we would use it and enjoy it for years to come.

We purchased at SSR in 2007. I was 56 and DW was 53. We have since been to WDW with all four of our adult children and our 10 granchildren.

We're 30 and 31 and have 2 daughters, 3 and 1. We love, love, love Disney and wanted to be able to visit often, stay on site and be close to MK/TTC. The kitchen is great when you have someone with allergies (though I should mention WDW is awesome with dealing with allergies) and most people probably think its crazy but I like doing laundry on vacation because I hate bringing home dirty clothes. We're even close enough to come "home" for naps if we want. :)

We purchased our in 2011 BL resale. I'm 43 DH 49 and four kiddies DS16, DS13, DD7 and DD3. We honeymooned at WDW and for our 20th anniversary we decided to take the kids for their first trip. (which was the same year my mom passed away and we really needed something good that year). We got back and the kids really wanted to go back soon so we purchased our contract!

I would love to buy another contact soon!

We purchased in 2006 when we were in our mid 50's. We had talked about it for at least 10 years, and I am very sorry we didn't sooner
We have been as adults only trips bringing adult DS, DDil with us. We love it.

Me and my husband are in our mid 40's our daughter is 8. We just purchased 125 points with the GF :)

We bought in 2000, I was 39 my DW was 33. Our daughter was 8 and our son was 4 at the time. We still love our DVC.

We purchased in 1993. We were in our early 30's with 3 small children. We have vacationed dozens of times with DVC over the years. Our children have grown up and still vacation with us at Disney.

We bought in 2008..also the year my mom passed away. She always said to remember the happy times, and the happiest times my DH and kids and I have ever had has been at WDW.

We bought because we knew as a family we would never tire of going. We send our now college-age oldest daughters down after they get out of school in May...we go in the Fall with our younger two for Food and Wine...all 6 of us go in August for the 'big trip'. Next year, DH and I will go down by ourselves for a few nights to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary ( we honeymooned at WDW...stayed at the GF...spent our 20th at BLT..hoping our 25th is at the new GFV's!)

We were absolutely certain we would continue to enjoy this investment. We have now added on...three times...to our initial purchase. It is honestly one of the best investments we have made.

We purchased our in 2011 BL resale. I'm 43 DH 49 and four kiddies DS16, DS13, DD7 and DD3. We honeymooned at WDW and for our 20th anniversary we decided to take the kids for their first trip. (which was the same year my mom passed away and we really needed something good that year). We got back and the kids really wanted to go back soon so we purchased our contract!

I would love to buy another contact soon!

I'm 53yrs old, single. Two kids that are grown. I bought last year a VGF.

We just bought at BWV, I am 37 and DH 42. We have a almost 8 yr old. We go to Disney every year. Had thought about DVC for years, and decided to take the plunge since we had the money. We loved the Food and Wine Festival last year, so we cant wait till October.

We first took our kids to WDW in 2003 when they were 4, 4 and 6 (DH and I were 30). We lived in NC and the 9 hour drive wasn't bad. We stayed off site. I didn't want to go and DH planned the trip...we had a great time and I fell in love. We went again in 2005 and stayed on site at POR and got the DP. Wow, that trip was even more magical. We went home and looked into DVC and bought 200 OKW points via resale in 2006 to go for a week every year. We bought the cheapest WDW resort buy in at the time so that we could get the most points for our money (SSR was selling new at @ $98/point...we bought OKW for $76/point). Our 1st trip as DVC members was at BWV in Sept 2006...we took my mom and our 3 kids (7, 7 and 9 by then). Boy did we LOVE BWV...it's still up there on our list.

We moved to MD in 2007 and didn't think we'd continue to go to WDW every year since the drive was so far and flying for 5 was (and is) so expensive. We debated selling but MIL/FIL came up with the idea to pay us for 1/2 our points (so they could use 100 every year...they had started going every January). We took them up on that but soon would discover that we would still use a lot of points each year. So we added 75 HHI points in 2012. The plan was to alternate years with WDW and HHI. We found that we still needed more points (I think because we went from doing 1BRs to 2BRs once our 3 kids became teens). So, around Dec 2012 we looked at adding on a few more HHI points. We ended up adding on 100 AKV and then 50 HHI points...long story. And I was still looking for about 30-50 BCV or BWV points for F&W trips.

So, now at 40, we have a ton of points and can get APs every other year to do 2-3 WDW trips...and then do DVC beach trips the other years (non-WDW years)...we started this plan, by accident in 2009, and were thinking we'd continue. MIL and FIL were still going...we did a couple Xmas trips with them and SIL1 who is also DVC member and used our points for SIL2 to come as well. We figured that (big family Xmas trips) would fall into our every other year plan. NOT!!! This last Xmas trip went so poorly (family issues not Disney issues...another long story) that it was the LAST big family trip to WDW. And we also found that our teens have become so miserable on these trips (don't want to go...are "bored" and complain a lot). Now we are rethinking how we use our DVC and we were thinking we'd sell some points. But I think we'll hang onto them...we'll find ways to use them for the next couple years (sans teens...at least sans DS-17) and then I figure the children will come back to the mouse (once they are with significant others of their own and are a bit grown and interested in nice family vacations again...then, down the line, we'll have grandkids to take).

Edit to add: The draw to buy DVC was that 5 of us in a regular WDW room was tight and expensive, so we likely wouldn't go so often. We love the villas having a master bedroom for mom and dad to be separated from kiddos. The washer/dryer and jetted tub is a big draw too. The kitchen, not really needed for us. We started with 1BRs and would drive so we could take an airbed for DS (the girls would have the pull-out). Around the time we started flying (Dec 2011), we also started getting 2BRs so DS would have the pull-out and DDs would have the 2nd bedroom. Now, I think we'll go back to 1BRs since I doubt DS will come with us anymore. And DH wants to go back to driving as well, so we could always throw an airbed into the car if DS decides to join us. DH and I did our 1st F&W and our 1st studio in Oct...it was also our 1st stay at BLT and we loved the studio there. So, if the girls don't go with us either, we'll be fine with a studio. MIL and FIL get a 1BR...MIL likes to sleep in and FIL is up at 5:30, so he can go out in the living room and let her sleep in.

We started going regularly in 2006. Our kids were 12,11,&6. We all loved it so much we decided to buy in 2008. Two main reasons - too crowded in a regular room and we would talk ourselves out of vacations in the past. Now, we had to go! It has been great and we love DVC and our kids still love it too. Things are a little different now our two oldest are in college so they have different schedules. We took the year off last year and went on a cruise - wont do that again. This fall we decided to just go with our son and let him bring a friend, girls were so disappointed not to go we booked a second trip for March. First time gong twice in a 12 month period so we bought AP's for the first time and added on 100 points at BWV. Our original contract is 200 points at AKV. Now hopefully we have enough to stay longer or go during March again even though it uses more points. We are 46 & 47.

Bought in at age 36 & 39 anticipating having a family. It's 8 years later and we are still trying to make a family.

We bought when in our late 30's with 11 year old twins. For us it was just something we fell in love with. We've used it multiple times a year, traded out with it, done the cruise twice, gone to Disneys Hilton Head 3x, used the concierge once and there's no sign of slowing down!:cool1:

Our now adult children have used it with friends and our daughter is bringing her significant other this month! We've taken our parents, friends, and cousins, as well as just trips for the two of us. I've even gone solo. It's definitely the best money we ever spent and we look forward to many more wonderful vacations!

Enjoy your future vacations and WELCOME HOME!

Hubby and I bought last year in our early 30s. Two young kids. We love it and can't wait to keep using it! Going to WDW 3 x this year! Unheard of before DVC!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter