DVC owner demographics?

We joined in 2010 to SSR when both my husband and I were 42, we have no children. We purchased because we were bringing my mother-n-law to WDW for her 60th birthday and it was more economical to buy the points.
We have been able to go on multiple trips since then. We just went to DL in Jan on points and our next trip on points is Oct 2014 at SSR.

We bought last week. ;)

I am 40, the SO is 37. My son is 21 and no plans for more. We bought GFV direct.

I have been coming to WDW almost every year since 2007, so it took a while, but finally did it.

We bought in about 4 years ago through resale. We have had 4 trips with a fifth one coming up. We only have 200 pts. and hope to add on, but only when our kids are dine with college. Very grateful that we have a small enough contract that dues are not an issue. I feel that we were smart to buy our minimum and hopefully buy in more when the cost will not be prohibitive.

We bought in 2010 when we were both 40. Our twins were 6. Good friends who are also DVC members tried to get us to look at it about 3 years before that, but we didn't have the finances at the time. An inheritance from my grandmother allowed us to take trips in 2008 and 2009 and buy into BLT in 2010. It is fitting because my grandparents retired to Florida and are the people who first brought me to WDW as a child.

I remember riding the express monorail though the CR and thinking how awesome it would be to stay there. Now I own there!

We bought in 2011...we were 23 & 24 respectively.

More young adults! :) My offer just passed RFOR for 50pnts. I'm 23, recently single, and looking forward to making tons of memories! I love Disney and am glad to have taken the plunge to buy in! :)

Our original purchase was done in 2008 just before DW and I got married, we were both 25. We don't have any kids and unexpected events excepting there's none in the future!

I bought into BLT in 2009 with my husband. I'm now 31 and single, but I plan on continuing to visit WDW with my son because we love it.

We bought at BLT in 2011 when I was 25 (DH was 30). I was pregnant with DD1 at the time. We now have DD2 as well.

:) DH and I have been 1-2 times a year to WDW since my first trip in 2002. I was 34 at the time and hooked. I often thought about DVC and we finally purchased 210 points at AKV in 2009. We are so glad to have our DVC and look forward to each trip. We take my MIL/BIL and my parents is alternating years.

We need an add-on and hope we can in a couple of years.

DW and I were both 42 when we purchased our first AKV contract in 2008. DS was 2.5 yo and on his first trip to WDW. DW's brother and SIL have been DVC members since the mid-90's and were very influential in our decision to buy-in.

We initially bought enough points (direct) for a full week in a 1BR during Magic season. We quickly learned that with the cost of flights and tickets, we desired longer stays at WDW to maximize our expense. We also found out that we really liked taking family and friends. We have since done add-on's in 2011, 2012, and 2013 to allow for that.

Enjoy your DVC points, OP. You are in for years of wonderful family memories!:thumbsup2

I agree with previous post in that we realized that we wanted longer trips, so added on to accommodate the changes. Good luck from us, as well.

We bought in just before the resale restrictions in 2011 when I was 43 and DW was 39. Our son was a Disney Kid for one year after we bought. We've really enjoyed DVC with several great trips in that time.

We have thoroughly enjoyed our 11 years of DVC membership. We were in our late 50s when we bought. We've added on and added on and have had trips alone and with family and friends.

We are planning to retire to FL within the next year, and do not know if we will keep all of our points, but we will keep most of them.

Bobbi:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter