DVC ressie with no tickets

Park passes for 2021 go on sale the 24th so you should be able to buy and book your park days after the 28th when it opens to all without reservations booked.

I'm hoping they clarify this - but my understanding was that PACKAGES go on sale. They didn't say anything about buying tickets a la carte. I hope for DVC folks that they are able to distinguish between tickets being purchased a la carte because of a DVC reservation, vs tickets for guests staying offsite/day guests.

As mentioned before, on Sunday we could buy 14 day UK tickets for use on our February 2021 trip.
Having put them onto our account together with our existing BWV reservation we were able today to make Park Reservations for all ten days of our trip.
It had to be done on the website and was slow and dropped out a couple of times but they are all now showing on the MDE app.
Happy to have something arranged!

The only ticket I have is an old one that's not even linked to MDE.

But that's OK, right now I think I will just stay at DVC and use my AP at Universal :) Much easier!

This is so frustrating. Our AP expired June, but was extended to 10/10/20. We have split stay 11/27-12/11. I can't make park reservation because AP expires before stay, nor can I renew. DVC CM was no help. We explained that AP can only renew 60 days out and by then, everyone and their mother will have had a chance to book with park reservation for that week. CM calmly said, "That's ok you'll just have to keep trying and maybe you'll get in once you've renewed." How is that ok? Ha. We didn't want the extension, we wanted to cash out and apply to 2020-21 AP (since we won't be using in during the extension). Anyone else in a similar boat?

Currently riding the strugglebus trying to make some decisions. We have our stay 10/14-10/20 and October is such a grey area right now between the most restrictive outset of the park reservation system and a later time when they've run the system long enough that Disney knows what they're doing.

We don't have park tickets (still kicking myself for not having bought tickets when I could have 3 months ago) and I'm hoping that there's still some left for us when it's opened up. I would wish upon a star that going down the priority list, they would take care of ticketholders, then annual passholders, then resort reservation holders, and then general public, but it seems like the last two will be lumped together anyway :( Keeping my fingers crossed... Feeling nervous that by the time they decide to let people buy tickets, that there won't be any tickets left but it will be too late for me to cancel my trip/PTO/etc.

Optimism: with restrictions in place and things like MNSSHP canceled, fewer people will want to go, so maybe I yet have a good chance.
Pessimism: They're more open to booking people for 2021 than 2020.
The next few days will be a little tense for me!

This is so frustrating. Our AP expired June, but was extended to 10/10/20. We have split stay 11/27-12/11. I can't make park reservation because AP expires before stay, nor can I renew. DVC CM was no help. We explained that AP can only renew 60 days out and by then, everyone and their mother will have had a chance to book with park reservation for that week. CM calmly said, "That's ok you'll just have to keep trying and maybe you'll get in once you've renewed." How is that ok? Ha. We didn't want the extension, we wanted to cash out and apply to 2020-21 AP (since we won't be using in during the extension). Anyone else in a similar boat?
We are in a similar situation. 3/4 of party have APs that expire before trip but we had not planned on renewing. Same frustration is felt here.

I have 3 unassigned annual passes in my account. Wonder if there is a market to add people to my MDE and then assign the passes to them so they can make park reservations. :crazy2:

Can someone please confirm for me what is happening? Jan 2021 stay for 8 nights/9 days.

• On the 24th I can by tickets (online, on WDW site, on DVC site, need to call????)
  • I can then instantly book which park I will get
  • There is no park hopper moving forward (including 2021)

Am I missing something or some gotchya

Also can you get a refund on tickets later or once you buy tickets they will be locked in?
I did a chat and was told to call on the 24th but I'm not sure what number to call. I think everything else you said is correct from what I understand

I'm hoping they clarify this - but my understanding was that PACKAGES go on sale. They didn't say anything about buying tickets a la carte. I hope for DVC folks that they are able to distinguish between tickets being purchased a la carte because of a DVC reservation, vs tickets for guests staying offsite/day guests.
When I did the chat I told her I had a DVC and she still told me I should call on the 24th. I sure hope I can buy tickets.

We are in a similar situation. 3/4 of party have APs that expire before trip but we had not planned on renewing. Same frustration is felt here.
I was told that they aren't opening 2020 ticket sales and that currently the only way to get 2020 tickets is to renew an existing AP. Hopefully it stays that way or if it doesn't APs be given the option to renew early through 2020 (which I shared with DVC MS and said that I hoped they represented their owners well to WDW). I'd even be willing to pay for a multi-year pass at this point. As DVC members we're already committing to come to the park for the foreseeable future and not going anywhere unless we are snubbed for general admissions, in which case I'll consider selling.

Have you called the VIPassholder line. I have read of a few who were allowed to get a renewal certificate because the extension actually took them out of the 60 days.

I would like to know this too.

Just call the regular Disney number to buy the tickets. DVC doesn’t really convert to a pacKge...the information on the WDW website is geared to cash guests.

You just ask to purchase tickets since you have a DVC room only reservation. I don’t think MS can help with multi day tickets.

I have 3 unassigned annual passes in my account. Wonder if there is a market to add people to my MDE and then assign the passes to them so they can make park reservations. :crazy2:

Wish we could just buy them from you. My mom, sister and I go in July. Have reservations but only 2 days of tickets.

Just call the regular Disney number to buy the tickets. DVC doesn’t really convert to a pacKge...the information on the WDW website is geared to cash guests.

You just ask to purchase tickets since you have a DVC room only reservation. I don’t think MS can help with multi day tickets.
I called ticketing yesterday (I have a DVC room only ressie) and mentioned I am a DVC member and tried to buy tickets with member services but they advised me that I can’t buy tickets until 2020 sales resume. Ticketing reiterated this same information. Has anyone had luck calling ticketing and mentioning they were a DVC member? I know sometimes it can vary based on which CM you get.

I called ticketing yesterday (I have a DVC room only ressie) and mentioned I am a DVC member and tried to buy tickets with member services but they advised me that I can’t buy tickets until 2020 sales resume. Ticketing reiterated this same information. Has anyone had luck calling ticketing and mentioning they were a DVC member? I know sometimes it can vary based on which CM you get.

I thought people were talking about buying 2021 tickets, not 2020. Sorry About thar!

2020 tickets are suspended until later this summer. But, anyone needing 2021 should be able to get the 24th of June.

I thought people were talking about buying 2021 tickets, not 2020. Sorry About thar!

2020 tickets are suspended until later this summer. But, anyone needing 2021 should be able to get the 24th of June.
They may have been, my bad if they were! I think all the information is a giant blur to some of us at this point haha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter