dvcrofr.com

Awesome! I'm making some upgrades right now to improve performance so if you see anything that looks off just bear with me. Should be done in a few days.
I would never know if anything looks off nor would I bring it up here. Thanks for sharing this!

How is the Disc $/pt and $/pt calculated?

I would assume that the $/pt would be the cost of the contract + closing cost(but excluding annual dues) divided with the remaining points for the life of the contract + annual dues. If there are any banked points how are they valued?

Last edited:
@Cyberc1978

$/pt is the total cost (initial + annual dues) divided by the total points over the life of the contract (no inflation or discounting). Disc $/pt discounts everything at 5% per annum with some simplifying assumptions (e.g., dues paid on 1st of the year, points are used immediately upon earning them, no dues inflation). Any available points at purchase are reduced by 50% if <7 months to expiration and 100% if <4 months to expiration.

@Cyberc1978

$/pt is the total cost (initial + annual dues) divided by the total points over the life of the contract (no inflation or discounting). Disc $/pt discounts everything at 5% per annum with some simplifying assumptions (e.g., dues paid on 1st of the year, points are used immediately upon earning them, no dues inflation). Any available points at purchase are reduced by 50% if <7 months to expiration and 100% if <4 months to expiration.
Thanks

When I take my string: Cyberc1978---$81-$15006-160-SSR-Jun-0/22, 272/23, 160/24- sent 4/5, passed 5/8 I see that Disc $/pt and $/pt listed as:

How do you come to that?

Total cost = $15,006
Total points over the life if the contract (2053 - 2023 * 160) = 4800

When I try to calculate it: total cost including dues / total points:15006 divided with 4800 = $3.13

If I add the annual dues: 3.13 + 7.86 = $10.99

How do I take the extra 112 points into account?

What am I missing or doing wrong?

Thanks

When I take my string: Cyberc1978---$81-$15006-160-SSR-Jun-0/22, 272/23, 160/24- sent 4/5, passed 5/8 I see that Disc $/pt and $/pt listed as:

How do you come to that?

Total cost = $15,006
Total points over the life if the contract (2053 - 2023 * 160) = 4800

When I try to calculate it: total cost including dues / total points:15006 divided with 4800 = $3.13

If I add the annual dues: 3.13 + 7.86 = $10.99

How do I take the extra 112 points into account?

What am I missing or doing wrong?
You're almost there. A couple things:
  1. Subtracting 2053 - 2023 will give you the number of years between 2023 and 2053, but you're missing the 2023 points. So the total points are 4800 + 272 = 5072.
  2. Calculating the $/point without dues and then adding the dues/yr rate makes the implicit assumption that there are 160 points available for all years, but you've got 272 points in 2023. You need to adjust the $7.86 by (4800/5072) to get $7.44
IMO it's easier to just add all the costs and divide by all the points:
(15006 + 1257.6 * (2053 - 2023)) / (272 + 160 * (2053 - 2023))
= 52734 / 5072
= 10.40

Super work. Quick question. Apologies if it's been asked before.

I saw a contract with https://www.fidelityrealestate.com/. It has half its current year points available. The listing shows the full year annual dues (presume it does this in every case?). And the pricing tool picks up this full amount as part of the Buyer Costs.

However, any right-minded disboarder would only pay the proportion of the dues (half) as a maximum. Am I missing something or making a mistake here? Thanks.

Great work! Any way you can add an option to sort by Date Listed and possibly modifying the "Resort" filter to allow more than one resort?

I saw a contract with https://www.fidelityrealestate.com/. It has half its current year points available. The listing shows the full year annual dues (presume it does this in every case?). And the pricing tool picks up this full amount as part of the Buyer Costs.

However, any right-minded disboarder would only pay the proportion of the dues (half) as a maximum. Am I missing something or making a mistake here? Thanks.

I do think that this late in the year most people here would negotiate dues for less due to those being based on calendar year.

But, my guess is the tool is designed to take the approach that most resale companies die and that is buyers pay full dues if getting full points for the UY that matches the calendar year.

Thanks! When populating the pricing tool, it first uses whatever the broker lists as the dues. If they don't specify, then it calculates dues based on the points available in the current and next year. I designed it that way thinking the broker would have the best info, but maybe I should just calculate them for everything.

I do think that this late in the year most people here would negotiate dues for less due to those being based on calendar year.

But, my guess is the tool is designed to take the approach that most resale companies die and that is buyers pay full dues if getting full points for the UY that matches the calendar year.
Just to be clear, I wasn't thinking about timing - the amount of time left in the use year (that's another issue!). I was just looking at a, say, 200 point contract with only 100 points available in the current use year, i.e. 100 previously used or borrowed. I'm only prepared to consider paying half the dues for the current years points.

Great work! Any way you can add an option to sort by Date Listed and possibly modifying the "Resort" filter to allow more than one resort?
Thanks! Yes #1 is in the pipeline, but not many listings include list date so I have to rely on pulling at regular intervals and keeping track of what's new. The resort filter should be multi-select. If it's not working for you please let me know what browser you're using and I will look into it.

Thanks! When populating the pricing tool, it first uses whatever the broker lists as the dues. If they don't specify, then it calculates dues based on the points available in the current and next year. I designed it that way thinking the broker would have the best info, but maybe I should just calculate them for everything.
Yep, I'd just pro-rata the annual payable dues based on the ratio of available current year points to full use year points.

I don't think you can do much about the timing issue. You'd have to leave that to individual negotiations.

Awesome site! Any chance to get a Best of 2022, 2021, etc? I want to see how poorly I did with my first contract! These tools are great for new buyers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter