EARLY DECEMBER TRIP REPORT

~Tinkerella

Mouseketeer
Hello Everyone ~ DH and I took a trip to WDW in early December to see the Osborne Lights one more time. For the most part the trip was great.

We stayed at one of our favorites, Pop Century. Got the text to go straight to our room which was great, and luggage followed fairly quickly. We had a lake view which was our only request; we were on the corner in a 50's building. The room was very clean!

Bus service was really good ~ never waited more than 15 minutes and that was the exception; most times the wait was about 5 minutes.

Had ADR for Biergarten Restaurant so that we could see the Candlelight Processional for the first time. Restaurant was okay, nothing to write home about, but the Processional was magnificant!

Second ADR was for Beauty and the Beast lunch. The girl directing people to the self-service kiosks kept letting one line go until finally the people in front of us, and us as well said something. She said she was alternating but we were quick to point out that she was not. While the lunch we had was good, the self-service aspect is very weak. Almost everyone seemed to need help at the kiosk. We did meet a very lovely lady who delivered our lunch, Bonnie, who chatted with us for a short while and that made our experience very pleasant.

Third ADR was Cinderella's Royal Table ~ yes, two adults went alone, but we did enjoy it. Just wanted the experience of dining in the castle. The food and service was great! And yes, each princess stopped at our table.

The parks were moderately busy, but again the waits were not long with the exception of the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.

Our only real complaint is line cutting ~ it was really rampant this trip. We kept our mouths shut as did most people (lots of rolling of the eyes), until the our last day. First a cast member was bringing someone through the line to catch up with their group and my DH asked "why is that okay" but didn't really get a decent response. The second issue was later in the day at SMDT when after 45 minutes of waiting (posted wait was 65 minutes), 6 young boys came through the line yelling for one of their chaperones so they could join the group. Kept it shut until 10 minutes later when they held up the entire line by congregating at the interactive area. I finally said to the chaperone ~ "it's bad enough that you allow this group of students to butt in front of everyone who has already been waiting 45 minutes or longer; do you really want to teach them that they are entitled to this type of behavior, but now they are holding up the entire line by not moving." She simply called them forward. I got applause for speaking up.

Disney really should police this ~ it's simple, have a cast member about 50-100 feet into the line to let people know they have to wait like everyone else. Rant over.

Overall, we had another fantastic trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter