Early Roll Call For January 29, 2005 western....Anyone Out There?

Lets see

Lisa Halterman (me)
Don DH
Annie DD11
Gretchen DD8
Anne (my mom...not sure if any of these will come, don't make tags) DM81 (she looks great)
Frank DFIL 71
Daniel DS15
Michael DSBF15 (Disney Son Best Friend...made this up)
Matt DSBF16

Maria, Thanks for doing all of this...how do we chip in to help cover the cost?

Throat is still sore, may call the doctor in the morning....school is 2 hour delay in DC.....side roads are still bad.

I packed Gretchen and Annie...but all is clean and ready to pack for everyone else...feel pretty good about that, but I have a hard week of work..YUCK

Lisa

Does anyone collect Disney pins....we are trying to decide if we should bring ours...it will take a suitcase in and of itself.
Lisa

maria...in my group are

TOOPURE4U
Tracy
Rob 17
Ashley 17

Going for the Eagles!!!!!! whooo hooo my #2 team!!!!

Maria,

Ouch! looks like the DIS meet will have to pass out face masks also...

I occasionally lurk on the board will be sailing on 1/29, could not find details on when meeting is. If you are going to make a first post, might as well be week before the cruise... :earboy2:

Jeff (self)
Amy (DW)
Johnna (DD 5)
Lia (DD 3.9)
Charles (DS 2)

Could you forward me meeting time & place please? Thx. (Monday Signals 4:30?)

Hoping all a HEALTHY cruise ;)

never too late yensid...okay, well firday night might have been too late as we would all be in a warmer climate...most without pcs. :rolleyes: welcome aboard..well almost!

njdrumrun said:
never too late yensid...okay, well firday night might have been too late as we would all be in a warmer climate...most without pcs. :rolleyes: welcome aboard..well almost!

Isn't that what the $1,000 per hour (okay $89) Unlimited internet shipside is for? LOL!

Speaking of which... anyone know if you can use Gotomypc via the ships computers? Not that I really want to work while on board (gasp) but I may have to....

BTW, I can not BELIEVE "YENSID" ..... (DISNEY) was not taken on this board... I was shocked!

Welcome aboard yensid, yes the dis meet is Monday - 4:30 at sessions.

We are also having a kids meet 4-6 yrs old on Saturday by the Mickey slide.

YESNID .. We have a DD4 and a DS2. As well as my Brother and his family DS3 and DD7. Welcome a board... It l took me 3 weeks of looking at the board before I made my first post. I have found out so much info from the boards, it is unreal.

2 day till we leave for Flordia... kids are packed I am mostly but DH hasn't touched it at all. This is normal though...he'll be packing at midnight the night before we leave at 6:00am.

Kids got new suitcases for there birthday plus my DD got a Tinker bell costume and a Cinderella crown. Do the kids need to bring costumes...or should I say will the kids use costumes on the boat?
DD is never in clothes anymore just princess costumes and my DS has a owl costume I can bring for fun. Don't know if I should bother bringing them??

Thinking about sunny weather... Ahhhhhhh!
Jennifer
DH Jason
DD Jessica
DS Jonathan

from what i've read..bring those costumes!! especially the princesses! my DD has cinderella(just fits), jasmine, and i am surprising her with aurora when we get onboard. she had no interest in the pirate costume?? :rolleyes: this from the kid that would play in the dirt in those princess dresses? :smooth:

For the dismeet:

Denise (me)
DH Billy
DS4 Brosnan
DD3 Aeris (who will hopefully be in the kids club with her brother and won't be attending!)

Well, if I make it through Thursday, it will be a miracle! We will leave early Fri. AM for FL. Haven't even pulled out the suitcases yet, but I do have assorted piles laying around the house. :blush: Things are incredibly busy here at work and I will be working extra hours-- great-- just what I need! I'd much rather be cruise planning!

Jennifer-- definitely bring the costumes. We did try on our pirate costumes yesterday. What a hoot! The kids are adorable. I was really reluctant to do this adult costume thing, but seeing how excited the two of them were that DH and I were also dressing up, it's worth it. Also-- Aeris has a Snow White costume she will be wearing on formal night.

Lisa-- About the pins. I don't know if we'll be trading or not, but I do plan on buying pins and a lanyard on board to start the kids' collection. Definitely something we will want to do going forward, but we don't currently have a stash to trade.

It was 10 degrees in southern NC this AM. But at least we don't have snow or the "wintry mix" as they call it down here. :cool1: I know many of you have it far worse than us... pixie dust to you until Sat.!

-- Denise

Megan's fever is gone, but kept her home to keep her resting one more day, I think my head is finally starting to clear...hope everyone else gets better soon...passing on the pixie dust :wizard: .

I am bringing costumes for Megan (Cinderella, Alice and Esmerelda for pirate night) she is getting a new laynard and some new pins, a friend who is a huge pin collector is supposed to bring me some for her to trade with.

Welcome to the new families, we will see everyone at the pool on Saturday.

Stay Healthy!!!

Who else has late dining? are we the only ones?

The Birch Family
DW Lisa
DH Jim
DD Megan 4 3/4
:wave:

predicted weather check:

sat- P.C. H-74 L-56
sun K.W. H-76 L-65
tues-GC H-83 L-73
wed- cozumel H-85 L-68

still warmer than here!!

I spoke with reservations just now and they told me the following:

Ship is at capacity :guilty:

Movies showing next week: :cool1:

Around the World in 80 Days
Ladder 49
The Life Aquatic (????)
The Incredibles
Mr. 3000 (????)
National Treasure
Princess Diaries 2

Has anyone heard of Mr. 3000 or The Life Aquatic?? What are they about and who is in them?

Mr. 3000 is a comedy starring Bernie Mac as a ballplayer who retired with 3000 hits. A recheck of the records showed he actually was 2 or 3 hits short. He starts training to return to reach his goal.

Life Aquatic is a movie starring Bill Murray. Got good reviews.

I will bring our pins to the DISMEET .... I have many that I can give the little ones who want to get started. We have not counted in a long time....but I think we have about 500 pins....yes we got addicted for a while. I still buy pins, but made myself promise until we got all organized...no more.

I did buy the 2005 inaugeration (sp?) pin on ebay, I think only 500 made.

We were going to open and ebay store to pay for Daniel's college........maybe still...some of the pins we have bring $50 to $100 on ebay. It is really fun.

It is snowing in DC again this afternoon, but they say little or no accumulation.
I really want some warm weather,
Lisa

MORE SNOW IN JERSEY!!!!!!!!! UGH....can it get any worse????? I am gonna go nuts with worry......

Please let this be all there is coming until I get off the ground....:)

Cant wait guys.....see you all soon!!!

it's okay toopure...only a dusting. jackson has a two hour delay this morning so a.m. kindergarten is closed. looks like my kid is only going to school 2 days this week(all off on friday anyway).

for those of you in really snowy climates..does school shut down everytime it snows?? or is that only here on the central east coast that it happens? can't see that it does as your kids would be going to school to make up into july.

anyone else starting to panic?? got too much to do and so little time. the big storm last weekend messed me up. shoveling out took the place of finishing shopping. :smooth:

Please post your user name and real name along with the names of your family for the DIS meet. I know that everyone is busy and excited!!!We are getting on a plane in 2 days......at this time in 48 hours we will be in the sky !Anyone staying at Radisson Resort Parkway??
DISMEET 4:30 MON IN SESSIONS!

njdrumrun - schools usually only close when we 6 plus inches. The schools use Easter break to make up snow days.

We are staying at the Quality Inn - Airport, Friday night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter