easiest ways to get to Farmers Market & The Grove?

aussiemickeys

Mouseketeer
Just wondering if anyone had ideas on the best way for us to get to these. We are staying at the Grand Californian & won't have our own car. What would you suggest - bus/taxi/hire a car & driver? Any ideas on costs involved as well? Any advice would be great thanks.

We were staying at GCH also and it would be a very expensive taxi ride from there to The Grove/Farmers Market.

We went on the Grayline LA/Hollywood tour which picks up from GCH and drops you back there but it is a whole day tour so if you were not wanting to go to all of the other places then it's a bit of a waste. The Grove/Farmers Market was our lunch stop on the tour. We may have been there for one or two hours. We had plenty of time to have lunch wander around both places and do a little shop across the road at Whole Foods.

If you are not wanting to do a tour, I would suggest either hiring a car or booking a town car. If we had not had that stop included in our tour, we would have booked a town car to take us there as I would think that would have been cheaper than a taxi.

Public transport in LA is not good, so we always hire a car. We hired a car via Alamo. For 3 days, CDW and 2nd registered driver, the bill came to about US$135. It would be cheaper without the second registered driver and this was based on the Alamo $19 per day weekend deal (exc CDW). Petrol was running at $2.87 - $3.13 per gallon and we probably used about $25 in gas for the 3 days.

From DLR, you would go north on the I5, West on the 91, North on the 110, West on the 10. Take the Fairfax Avenue exit on the 10 and stay on this till 3rd Street. Head East on 3rd Street and the Farmer's Market will be on your Left hand side.

We drove 20 minutes from LAX to Farmer's Market and then 30 minutes from Farmer's Market to Long Beach; both of which were after 9 am and before 4 pm in the day. I can't remember the last time I drove from Anaheim to Farmer's Market but I would hazard a guess that this may take you about 30 minutes to do, depending on traffic/time of day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter