• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Eat at Home 3!

Plans for April 8-15

Saturday

Steaks on the grill
Broiled tomatoes
Caesar Salad

Sunday
Glazed Ham
Sweet Potatoes
Green Beans

Monday
Chicken Quesadillas
Salad

Tuesday
Pork Chops w/pan sauce
Sautéed Kale
Butter Beans

Wednesday
Ham/Cauliflower Casserole
Ginger-Wasabi Carrots

Thursday
Bolognese
Zoodles (first time trying this!)
Salad

Friday
Pinto Beans with Ham
Broccoli Salad

Saturday
Steak Salad
Grilled Garlic Bread

Menu Plan - week of April 8th

Saturday - Chinese takeout (too many errands to do)
Sunday - out to dinner
Monday - Asian chicken salad
Tuesday - broccoli /cheddar soup/rolls
Wednesday - steaks, sweet potatoes, salad
Thursday - off to Disney!!! :)

My kids are traveling this week visiting relatives (they have much more fun than me), so it is just DH and I at home. Its our anniversary, so we are going out for dinner on Wednesday to a fantastic farm to table restaurant - trying to convince DH to get there in time for happy hour and just hang in the bar and nosh, but he kinda wants to do the fancier main dining room. We will see. Will be pricey (but delicious) either way.

Good sales on lamb and sirloin this week, so I did a ton of meal prep this weekend - broke down a whole leg of lamb into 2 roasts plus another meal's worth of meat and cooked a bunch of steaks sous vide, some of which are now in the freezer for later use.

Sa Pizza - chicken, basil and pine nuts
Su Sirloin Steak (sous vide, finished on the grill), wilted spinach and arugala tossed with bleu cheese and pasta - this meal was amazing
M Asian Noodle Stirfry w. steak
Tu Omlettes or leftover stir fry
W Date Night
Th Chicken Soup, crudite, rolls
F Takeout or steak burritos

Here comes Passover!

We don't eat a ton of bread, except pizza, so the biggest adjustment will be the kid (she has never observed Passover with us). I made her eggs this morning, instead of the cereal or oatmeal she prefers, and also made 2 coconut flour/almond meal pancakes for tomorrow morning. I have no idea what I'm packing for her lunch this week... probably roasted chicken and matzah, but not sure she'll eat the chicken. Have extra ricotta from the lasagna, so I will probably do a big batch of coconut flour/almond meal pancakes this evening. Depending on how many I end up with, might pack those for lunch with jam.

Sunday - butternut squash/spinach lasagna // chicken nuggets + edamame for the kid
Monday - leftovers + roasted chicken // roasted chicken + edamame for the kid
Tuesday - roasted chicken + sauteed zucchini
Wednesday - Passover seder with MIL, I am making charoset
Thursday - beef ragu + sauteed spinach or spinach salad
Friday - leftovers
Saturday - leftovers
Sunday - I'd plan a new week, but we'll probably still be eating Passover brisket or ragu leftovers

My kids are traveling this week visiting relatives (they have much more fun than me), so it is just DH and I at home. Its our anniversary, so we are going out for dinner on Wednesday to a fantastic farm to table restaurant - trying to convince DH to get there in time for happy hour and just hang in the bar and nosh, but he kinda wants to do the fancier main dining room. We will see. Will be pricey (but delicious) either way.

Good sales on lamb and sirloin this week, so I did a ton of meal prep this weekend - broke down a whole leg of lamb into 2 roasts plus another meal's worth of meat and cooked a bunch of steaks sous vide, some of which are now in the freezer for later use.

Sa Pizza - chicken, basil and pine nuts
Su Sirloin Steak (sous vide, finished on the grill), wilted spinach and arugala tossed with bleu cheese and pasta - this meal was amazing
M Asian Noodle Stirfry w. steak
Tu Omlettes or leftover stir fry
W Date Night
Th Chicken Soup, crudite, rolls
F Takeout or steak burritos

I have spinach and blue cheese in my fridge, so I'm intrigued:)...did you have a recipe for the pasta? what type was it (I can see this really working with an orzo - and I have orzo - but I could also see a linguine type maybe working better:)...

Easter weekend coming up and we are going out of town to visit relatives, so I'll just do the days we will be home...and we'll be using up the fruit and veg in the house on the side of the items listed below

Mon-chicken fajitas with onion, red pepper, mushrooms and refried beans
Tues-chili for DH and I, grilled cheese for the kiddies
Wed-bacon wrapped chicken tornados, noodles
Thurs-burgers and fries
Fri-gone
Sat-gone
Sun-gone

I have spinach and blue cheese in my fridge, so I'm intrigued:)...did you have a recipe for the pasta? what type was it (I can see this really working with an orzo - and I have orzo - but I could also see a linguine type maybe working better:)...

It would work really well with orzo - it might be a little clumpy with linguini (but would probably be fine). No recipe - cooked some small shells, drained them and reserved a little of the pasta water. I chopped up the spinach and arugala (I had a ton) then wilted them in the pasta pan, added back in the drained pasta and mixed it up. Then I added the bleu cheese, a couple of table spoons of pasta water and probably a little bit of lemon juice. I had a couple of tablespoons of jarred alfredo sauce in the fridge that I used to make it a little creamy. I think I added a dash of pepper, but it was salty enough with the bleu cheese. I had a little fresh basil that went in as well. This was mean to just use up what I had in the fridge, if you don't have any alfredo sauce, a little cream would work - its nice to have a little creaminess. I added the bleu cheese at the last minute, so it melted a little but you still got bites of bleu cheese flavor. It was really good, esp. for a random leftover side dish!

It would work really well with orzo - it might be a little clumpy with linguini (but would probably be fine). No recipe - cooked some small shells, drained them and reserved a little of the pasta water. I chopped up the spinach and arugala (I had a ton) then wilted them in the pasta pan, added back in the drained pasta and mixed it up. Then I added the bleu cheese, a couple of table spoons of pasta water and probably a little bit of lemon juice. I had a couple of tablespoons of jarred alfredo sauce in the fridge that I used to make it a little creamy. I think I added a dash of pepper, but it was salty enough with the bleu cheese. I had a little fresh basil that went in as well. This was mean to just use up what I had in the fridge, if you don't have any alfredo sauce, a little cream would work - its nice to have a little creaminess. I added the bleu cheese at the last minute, so it melted a little but you still got bites of bleu cheese flavor. It was really good, esp. for a random leftover side dish!

A chef after my own heart - I was planning a "use up", too...I have an almost empty half and half, an open blue cheese crumbles, a spinach bag wilting faster than I want, a 1/2 opened mushroom pack, and some heavily black peppered thick cut bacon I hate on its own b/c it's too peppery...your idea convinced my spouse I should throw together a "spinach salad" sauce over orzo:)...figure I'll also throw in a caramelized onion and some garlic sauteed in some of the bacon fat...

Gonna leave my planned chicken in the freezer and go with it (and probably throw in a pizza or make hot dogs for anyone not willing to give this a spin - I'm sure it will be too "different" for someone:)...thanks for the idea!

EDIT TO ADD: Big success, so thanks again to the PP! Spouse had 3 plates worth and it was a great 1 pan/1 pot dinner. For those wondering, I kept the dish dressed like a salad, so it was a very thin sauce I made with all the veg (no roux) and then added right to the drained orzo so it was all "dressed", but you didn't "see sauce" like you do with Alfredo.

Last edited:
This week's plan:)...
Fri - Date night for adults (Vegetarian Thalis from local Indian with Groupon - under $25 for 2 for dinner all included:)) / Frozen Pizza, Strawberries/Mango/Blueberry Salad for kids (kids choice on dinner - I asked if they were sick of this yet and they said never!)
Sat - General Tso's and Buffalo Boneless Wings (deli special today), Baked Fries, Iceberg Lettuce Wedge Salad with Blue Cheese and Tomato
Sun - Glazed Spiral-Sliced ham, Mac and Cheese, Raspberry/Blueberry/Strawberry Salad
Mon - Grilled Cheese and Ham Sandwiches, Sauteed Spinach, More Berry Salad
Tues - Homemade Honey Mustard Chicken Strips, Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Carrots, Triple Berry Muffins (all berries will be done by now:))
Wed - Chicken Fajitas (will be heavy on bell peppers), Tostitos and Salsa, Sliced Apples
Thurs (Meatless Meal #1) - Feta and Spinach Stuffed Rigatoni (this is bagged) in Marinara Sauce, Caesar Salad
Friday (Meatless Meal #2) - I want to make shrimp, but I see another Frozen Pizza and Fruit in my future if my kids pick, so I'll have both in my freezer
Saturday - OUT - We have an Easter Egg Hunt and Vigil Mass, so we're planning to sneak in a cheap fast food meal between the events
Sunday - OUT for Easter - We have a Groupon for a Chinese Hot Pot/Shabu Shabu type place which is AYCTE...the kids love it but we never go b/c it's pricey, but they put out a Groupon (after not having one for over a year) and the Groupon will bring it under $90 for all 6 of us (with tax, the Groupon cost, and 20% tip included), so we want to splurge for the holiday - kids are so excited for this, so I think I'm making the right call (I usually do a spring risotto, so I'll plan that for a future April meal)...and I can't deny, having jumbo shrimp, beef tongue, lamb, and taro will make this a unique Easter (and one I don't have any work for:)

So, with my midweek change, I've still got 1/2 pack of peppered bacon, so I'm gonna change Wed and Fri plans:)...
Tues - Spinach Salad Sauce over Orzo (Frozen Pizza and Sliced Bananas for youngest)
Wed - Peppered Bacon Cheese Burgers, Baked Fries, Cucumber Dill Salad, (Sliced Apples for Kids)
Thurs (Meatless Meal #1) (keeping the same) - Feta and Spinach Stuffed Rigatoni (this is bagged) in Marinara Sauce, Caesar Salad
Fri - (Meatless Meal #2) Stuffed Shells in Fresh Veg Tomato Sauce (Had to pick up milk and eggs yesterday and saw Aldi brought these back and they were a fam favorite, so we're gonna have them:)), Sliced Pears
Sat/Sun - Still Out:)...

Think I am gonna go through this thread for some ideas. I have my next two weeks figured out, but I seem to be falling into a rut again so need some inspiration. I am also still doing my meal prep for days I work. Breakfasts with be yogurt cups or egg bake. Lunches will be leftovers or chicken salad. Snacks with be cheese and ham, veggies with dip, or nuts.

So here is what is in the plans currently:
Tonight: Leftover veggie lo mein
Tomorrow: No idea honestly. I may pick something up as I didn't make enough lo mein to cover another night.
Sunday: Dinner at a friend's house. Having roast beef, glazed carrots, green beans, mashed potatoes, deviled eggs, and éclair cake for dessert
Monday: I am hoping to steal some leftovers from Sunday
Tuesday: Rotisserie chicken, roasted vegetables
Wednesday: Leftovers
Thursday: Chicken and orzo soup, homemade bread
Friday: Leftovers
Saturday: Leftovers
Sunday: Veggie lo mein
Monday: Leftovers
Tuesday: Roasted chicken legs, roasted vegetables, mashed potato casserole
Wednesday: Leftovers
Thursday: Spaghetti with roasted red pepper sauce, roasted vegetables, garlic bread
Friday: Leftovers
Saturday: Leftovers

Okay, my pantry isn't as empty as it was yesterday - otherwise known as, "yes, I filled 2 full grocery carts today b/c I'd only done 1/2 carts 2 weeks in a row:)"...I have a rough plan for next week, so here goes (I bought a leg of lamb b/c it was so cheap and I love lamb, but having never made one (I've only done chops before), I'm gonna move it to a future plan and figure out what I'm doing with it for 2-3 meals:)...

Mon - All-Pork and Cheddar Milk-Only Quiche (spouse is making bacon and sausage for Easter brunch and I have open spam and leftover ham right now, too, so this is gonna be all those remnant leftover meats diced up and tossed in), Roasted Broccoli, Blueberry Muffins, Strawberries
Tues - Homemade Chicken Alfredo over Spaghetti, Leftover Roasted Broccoli, (Diced Mango for kids)
Wed - Honey Mustard Chicken Strips (I skipped this last week, so putting it in), Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Asparagus, (Sliced Apples for kids)
Thurs - Meatloaf, Mashed Sweet Potatoes, Fresh Pineapple/Banana/Remaining Mango Salad
Fri - Sloppy Joes, Baked Fries, Remaining Fruits/Veg
Sat - OUT (kids are requesting lunch out at the cheap sushi buffet, but then I'd just switch the sandwich, chip, fruit meal to dinner)

We had an awesome quick trip to Disney/Universal, DS had a blast with his friends and I was included too, but unfortunately I brought home the flu! It started Sunday night after we got home and I am just now feeling a bit better.

Thankfully DH and DS have been taking care of themselves and letting me rest, but making sure I am staying hydrated and eating some too. They did pick up dinners out but did it so they stretched them in to multiple meals. DS even went grocery shopping and picked up all the stuff for Easter dinner and I will just do this week's planned dinners next week! Stay healthy out there guys!

Back from our Europe vacation and back to meal planning.

Monday: Slow cooker balsamic chicken, brown rice, broccoli
Tuesday: Black bean and brown rice quesadillas, chips and salsa
Wednesday: I have my workout class. Leftovers
Thursday: Mac and cheese, salad
Friday: Scrambled eggs with cheese, fruit, pumpkin spice waffles
Saturday: Either leftovers or going out with one of the restaurant gift cards we got for Christmas
Sunday: Chicken, bacon and tomato pasta

Think I am gonna go through this thread for some ideas. I have my next two weeks figured out, but I seem to be falling into a rut again so need some inspiration.
This is the best thing about this thread!

We had an awesome quick trip to Disney/Universal, DS had a blast with his friends and I was included too, but unfortunately I brought home the flu! It started Sunday night after we got home and I am just now feeling a bit better.
Yuk- that is the worst! Hope you get back to 100% soon.

Lots of meat this week at my house, but all from the freezer so the shopping wasn't too spendy this week.
Sa Takeout - spent the day at Six Flags - was happy I didn't have to cook when we got home
Su Easter - thanks Mom!
M BLTs w. avocado - gotta do this tonight or the avocado will be no bueno
Tu Lamb jalfrezi w. roast cauliflower, rice - using up the bits of lamb that didn't get made into the 2 nice roasts I got out of the whole leg of lamb I bought last week
W Ham & potato Hash w. asparagus- we were sent home with Easter leftovers
Th Lamb jalfrezi wraps - have a meeting in the evening, so this should be quick when we get home - hope its good since its 2 meals!
F Steak Burritos - should be good, using sirloin I cooked sous vide and froze last week

DH going back on the low carb diet but he agreed to wait until next week since this week's meal plan (and grocery shop) had already been made. That man is going to be the death of me. Seriously. LOL

Mon-butter chicken, peas, rice, naan/naan pizzas for the fussy kids
Tues-Domino's pizza, baby carrots, fruit
Wed-Pasta Alfredo, not sure of veg
Thurs-Bacon Wrapped Beef Medallions with noodles, broccoli
Fri-BBQ chicken, not sure of sides
Sat-Ham and potatoes, not sure of veg
Sun-breakfast for dinner (egg/potato/ham frittata most likely)

Okay, my pantry isn't as empty as it was yesterday - otherwise known as, "yes, I filled 2 full grocery carts today b/c I'd only done 1/2 carts 2 weeks in a row:)"...I have a rough plan for next week, so here goes (I bought a leg of lamb b/c it was so cheap and I love lamb, but having never made one (I've only done chops before), I'm gonna move it to a future plan and figure out what I'm doing with it for 2-3 meals:)...

Mon - All-Pork and Cheddar Milk-Only Quiche (spouse is making bacon and sausage for Easter brunch and I have open spam and leftover ham right now, too, so this is gonna be all those remnant leftover meats diced up and tossed in), Roasted Broccoli, Blueberry Muffins, Strawberries
Tues - Homemade Chicken Alfredo over Spaghetti, Leftover Roasted Broccoli, (Diced Mango for kids)
Wed - Honey Mustard Chicken Strips (I skipped this last week, so putting it in), Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Asparagus, (Sliced Apples for kids)
Thurs - Meatloaf, Mashed Sweet Potatoes, Fresh Pineapple/Banana/Remaining Mango Salad
Fri - Sloppy Joes, Baked Fries, Remaining Fruits/Veg
Sat - OUT (kids are requesting lunch out at the cheap sushi buffet, but then I'd just switch the sandwich, chip, fruit meal to dinner)

So spouse made a TON of bacon (the last of my pepper bacon and then maple bacon) and sausage for Easter brunch - bacon was done in the oven and underdone, so everyone destroyed the sausage and left a lot of bacon...so I split my 2 types of bacon and moved my asparagus up and my broccoli back and made my quiche (with cheddar and the last of the black pepper bacon, and some last remnants of honey glazed ham, both diced and cooked down before being added) and maple bacon-wrapped asparagus today. I never make bacon-wrapped asparagus b/c the bacon never finishes before the asparagus is ready, but using undercooked bacon really worked - so much that the spouse commented how much he loved it:)...we had the muffins and strawberries, too, for a really nice meal that used up ALL the leftover proteins in my fridge, FINALLY! I think I can pass on pork products for a few days (after last week's ham, spam, sausage, and bacon!)

I’m going to join this thread since I recently started tracking our spending and noticed we spent A LOT eating out. We used to eat out every Friday night but now DH has an exercise class he goes to on Friday night instead. I’m trying to do better with weekly meal planning but I still tend to run out of food and motivation by Friday or Saturday.

Sun: Tostadas with beans, cheese, cabbage, tomato and turkey
Mon: Tostadas
Tues: Tostadas (probably since I made a lot)
Wednes: Pesto tuna pasta salad with vegetables
Thurs: Pesto tuna pasta salad with vegetables
Friday: Frozen pizza with whatever left over vegetables I have (or frozen vegs)
Sat: Misc Frozen Dim Sum (from Trader Joes) and frozen vegetables

Monday: Homemade broccoli cheddar soup, cheese toast
Tuesday: butter chicken (inspirated by @stayhomemom77 - I can't believe your kids don't like butter chicken!)
Wednesday: May have outlaws over...so will have a think
Thursday: DH working 9-9 so will take frozen dinner, grilled chicken on salad for me
Friday: DH working 9-9, DD back from visiting her mom but has basketball after school so thinking frozen soup and grilled cheese
Saturday: Ribs, baked potatoes, salad
Sunday- DH working nights, thinking bbq'd chicken, Annies pasta, salad

Monday: Homemade broccoli cheddar soup, cheese toast
Tuesday: butter chicken (inspirated by @stayhomemom77 - I can't believe your kids don't like butter chicken!)
Wednesday: May have outlaws over...so will have a think
Thursday: DH working 9-9 so will take frozen dinner, grilled chicken on salad for me
Friday: DH working 9-9, DD back from visiting her mom but has basketball after school so thinking frozen soup and grilled cheese
Saturday: Ribs, baked potatoes, salad
Sunday- DH working nights, thinking bbq'd chicken, Annies pasta, salad

Yep. Weirdos. :confused3

Okay, pretty much made last week's meals, except I decided to make a healthy version broccoli cheese soup with my broccoli (evaporated milk and veg broth for the normal cream and whole milk and 1/2 the normal sharp cheddar cheese with some extra veg blended up - it was GOOD!), and I made homemade tropical muffins with my banana, pineapple, and coconut (very good for breakfasts, too)...and I punted the beef meals, making a Cheezit-panko baked chicken tender (1st time using mayo to adhere breading and it really worked better for baking with a much less soggy chicken result) and picking up a rotisserie chicken for tonight's meal (with the rest of the soup and some crusty bread)...now on to next week:)...I'll be putting beef on b/c I got an amazing deal on angus beef and bacon burgers and b/c we didn't eat beef last week:)...

Sun - Spaghetti with All Beef Meatballs and a Fresh Tomato and Veg Sauce, Baby Lettuce Salad, Sliced Strawberries
Mon - (Split dinner) Frozen Pizza, Roasted Broccoli, Sliced Pears and Apples
Tues - Meatloaf, Roasted Carrots, Strawberries/Bananas
Wed - Bacon and Blue Cheese Burgers with Baby Lettuce, Carmelized Onions, and Sliced Tomato, Baked Fries, Red Grapes
Thurs - Lemon Butter Garlic Shrimp with White Rice, Cucumber Dill Salad, Scratch Fruit Muffin and/or Sliced Fruit
Fri - Evening Wedding (eating there - getting the Salmon:))
Sat - Leftovers from the week or grocery cheap meal b/c I'll have to shop

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter