Eat at Home 3!

Today - Cider braised pot roast with crispy sage potatoes

Mon- stuffed pepper soup- we switched things last week and moved this to here

Tues - featloaf, mashed potatoes, green beans

Wed - chili

Thurs- salmon patties, roasted broccoli

Fri - grocery day

I did not make a typo on Halloween. Since my boys were little I have been making “featloaf” for Halloween dinner. They are now 14 and 16 and still request it.
Feetloaf is hilarious ! love it

I’m not good at posting ahead, lol. Last week, we did eat out twice. One was because we were out. The other because it was restaurant week in our area, with special menus & pricing. We went to one of our favorite places.

Monday.. we ran errands early & had plans to see a movie at 7, with lots of popcorn. So we stopped for a late lunch while we were out, I had soup & a large salad, husband had a sirloin steak.

Tuesday - grilled steak (husband) oven baked salmon w/ lemon & dill sauce (me), roasted butternut squash

Wednesday - hot dogs & French fries

Thursday - Restaurant Week dinner. The dinner included appetizer, entree & a small dessert. Depending on the entree you choose, the price was $25, $35 or $45. Husband had a 5 oz filet, mashed potatoes & sautéed vegetables. I had a roasted pork steak w/ apple chutney, roasted potatoes whipped butter nut squash. (Amazing!) We both got house salads as appetizers & the flourless chocolate cake for dessert. Our meals were $35 each. Mine was so big, I brought half home for lunch.

Friday - frozen breaded haddock, French fries & coleslaw.

Saturday - Cellentani pasta, meat sauce, crusty Tuscan bread

Today - roast pork loin, roasted potatoes, green beans, applesauce

Monday - chicken noodle soup w/ onions, celery & carrots, crusty bread

Tuesday - pot pies …. beef for husband, chicken for me.

Last edited:
I’m not good at posting ahead, lol. Last week, we did eat out twice. One was because we were out. The other because it was restaurant week in our area, with special menus & pricing. We went to one of our favorite places.

Monday.. we ran errands early & had plans to see a movie at 7, with lots of popcorn. So we stopped for a late lunch while we were out, I had soup & a large salad, husband had a sirloin steak.

Tuesday - grilled steak (husband) oven baked salmon w/ lemon & dill sauce (me), roasted butternut squash

Wednesday - hot dogs & French fries

Thursday - Restaurant Week dinner. The dinner included appetizer, entree & a small dessert. Depending on the entree you choose, the price was $25, $35 or $45. Husband had a 5 oz filet, mashed potatoes & sautéed vegetables. I had a roasted pork steak w/ apple chutney, roasted potatoes whipped butter nut squash. (Amazing!) We both got house salads as appetizers & the flourless chocolate cake for dessert. Our meals were $35 each. Mine was so big, I brought half home for lunch.

Friday - frozen breaded haddock, French fries & coleslaw.

Saturday - Cellentani pasta, meat sauce, crusty Tuscan bread

Today - roast pork loin, roasted potatoes, green beans, applesauce

Monday - chicken noodle soup w/ onions, celery & carrots, crusty bread

Tuesday - pot pies …. beef for husband, chicken for me.
I love when a meal works more than once !
Sat was hubbys b-day so we got Chinese food. The lunch portion was still huge and we got apps so we had it Sat lunch and a light supper.
Sun lunch and used the rest yesterday as lunch.
not bad when it was $32 in total!

Monday - Chicken cutlets and Rice
Tuesday- Cheese ravioli, vodka sauce, italian bread
Wednesday- Crockpot beef stew with rolls
Thursday- Marinated London Broil with brussel sprouts and sweet potatoes
Friday- TBD Probably left overs
Saturday/Sunday- Last weekend down the shore until after New Year's

I haven’t posted in a few weeks. I had surgery 12 days ago, so it has been easy stuff.

Tonight I made this and it was delicious. Chicken spaghetti with burrata. It wasn’t cheap. The cheese and pine nuts are pricey.

Roasted Tomatoes​

Chicken Pasta​

Garnish​

• ½ cup fresh basil chopped
  • ⅓ cup pine nuts lightly toasted
US Customary - Metric

Instructions​

Roasted tomatoes​

• Preheat oven to 400 F. Toss cherry tomatoes, sliced in half, with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Spread on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, without overcrowding. Roast for about 20 minutes while you prepare the pasta.

Chicken Pasta​

• This recipe uses 1.5 lb of chicken breasts which usually means 2 large chicken breasts. Make sure to use thinly sliced chicken breasts. Slice each chicken breast in half horizontally. Season them with salt, smoked paprika, and Italian seasoning.
  • Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil on medium heat in a large skillet until hot. Add chicken and cook for about 5 minutes per each side until it's cooked through. Remove chicken to a plate. Slice it thinly.
  • To the same skillet, add lemon slices, minced garlic, butter and cook for a couple of minutes on low-medium heat to release lemon juices and to soften the garlic. Remove from heat.
  • Bring a pot of water to boil. Cook spaghetti according to package instructions. Drain.
  • Add cooked and drained pasta to the same skillet with lemon slices, garlic, and butter. Mix everything well. Remove lemon slices.
  • Top the pasta with cooked sliced chicken and roasted tomatoes.

How to serve it​

• When serving, add chicken spaghetti to the plates and divide the burrata cheese among the plates. Top with chopped fresh basil and toasted pine nuts

I haven’t posted in a few weeks. I had surgery 12 days ago, so it has been easy stuff.

Tonight I made this and it was delicious. Chicken spaghetti with burrata. It wasn’t cheap. The cheese and pine nuts are pricey.

Roasted Tomatoes​

Chicken Pasta​

Garnish​

• ½ cup fresh basil chopped
  • ⅓ cup pine nuts lightly toasted
US Customary - Metric

Instructions​

Roasted tomatoes​

• Preheat oven to 400 F. Toss cherry tomatoes, sliced in half, with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Spread on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, without overcrowding. Roast for about 20 minutes while you prepare the pasta.

Chicken Pasta​

• This recipe uses 1.5 lb of chicken breasts which usually means 2 large chicken breasts. Make sure to use thinly sliced chicken breasts. Slice each chicken breast in half horizontally. Season them with salt, smoked paprika, and Italian seasoning.
  • Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil on medium heat in a large skillet until hot. Add chicken and cook for about 5 minutes per each side until it's cooked through. Remove chicken to a plate. Slice it thinly.
  • To the same skillet, add lemon slices, minced garlic, butter and cook for a couple of minutes on low-medium heat to release lemon juices and to soften the garlic. Remove from heat.
  • Bring a pot of water to boil. Cook spaghetti according to package instructions. Drain.
  • Add cooked and drained pasta to the same skillet with lemon slices, garlic, and butter. Mix everything well. Remove lemon slices.
  • Top the pasta with cooked sliced chicken and roasted tomatoes.

How to serve it​

• When serving, add chicken spaghetti to the plates and divide the burrata cheese among the plates. Top with chopped fresh basil and toasted pine nuts

Sounds really good. I’m not a big fan of burrata so,I’d probably skip that. Hope you’re doing well after surgery & will be recovered quickly.

Today- a garlic butter chicken and rice casserole
Mon- shrimp and French fries
Tues- stuffed pepper soup. I planned to make this a few weeks ago but it got bumped.
Wed- fettuccine alfredo
Thurs- ravioli soup
Friday- not sure. Dh has a work thing, so I will probably pick up something quick for the boys and me.

I’m also going to make some Christmas cookies today.

I keep joining this thread and then forgetting about it. Lol.

I've recently quit my job so we'll be planning meals and eating at home most days now. Tuesday nights will be a pick up night because we're at dance for 2 hours in a town 45 mins away. And I want to plan 2 restaurant eat outs a month. The rest will be home meals! I'm excited to see how well planning and shopping sales will help our budget. Can't wait to get some inspiration from all of you!

Tuesday - Tacos of course
Wednesday - Chicken cutlets with either rice or pasta
Thursday - Homemade buffalo chicken pizza
Friday - Marinated london broil and roasted sweet potatoes

Mon-Shrimp Scampi Over Angel Hair
16-20 Ct Raw Peeled & Deveined 2 LB. Bag $11.99-Aldi Butter & Aldi Angel Hair
We Will Get 4 Or 5 Meals For 2 Out Of This Bag.
I Use My Nesco Vacuum Sealer To Portion & Freeze

Tue-Sweet Italian Sausage Subs W/Peppers & Onions W/Potato Chips
Twice A Year Or So I Pull Out The Meat Grinder & Sausage Stuffer For Homemade Kielbasa & Sausage.
Got Several Whole Bone In Pork Shoulders For $1.79 LB. & Made 5 LB. Fresh Kielbasa, 5 LB. Smoked
And 5 LB. Sweet Italian. Sub Rolls Were $2.49 For A Six Pack & Chips Were $1.99.

Wed-Meatball Subs W/Potato Chips. Ground Beef $2.99 LB. Left Over Sub Rolls & Left Over Chips.

Thu-Spaghetti & Meat Sauce. Ground Beef $2.99 LB. Left Over Pasta Sauce From Wed W/Aldi Angel Hair.

Fri-Pizza! 12 Cut Old Forge Style From A Local Shop. Freeze The Left Overs For Lunches.

Sat-Fish & Chips W/Cole Slaw. Cod $7.99 LB. Aldi Fries In The Fry Daddy & Cole Slaw From Local Restaurant.

Sun-Nothing! Going To Local Restaurant For $1.50 Draft Beers & Steelers Game. Will Eat There.

We came back from Fl last weekend and have been trying to use stuff in the pantry and freezer.
We‘ve made Chinese Fake-out sweet and sour chicken with carrots, snow peas and rice
also found some Trader Joe Scallion pancakes and added those as an appetizer
Beef tenderloin with potatoes O’Brien and peas
Gnochi with home made fire roasted tomato cream sauce and I used leftover chicken schnitzel from Aldi to make a chicken parm type thing
pork carnitas in the crockpot which I had as a bowl but hubby used for a humongous burrito
burgers made on the new indoor grill served on home made rolls with sweet potato fries in the air fryer
Breakfast for supper-one night we had bagel sandwiches and another we had omelette and fruit salad
I found some ground beef and lamb so hubby will make himself some Scotch pies and I will make a batch of American chop suey
I need to get some fresh fruit and veg in but I found a Keilbasa, marinated chicken and some enchiladas in the freezer so we may eek by without buying meat for another week!

In no order.
Chicken wings
Salad with grilled chicken
Beef barley soup
Fish
Pork tenderloin
Stuffed chicken
Breakfast
Philly steak and cheese

Usual sides. Potatoes, rice, noodles, assorted veggies, assorted fruits. (I like to change it up)

Sunday- Oven Ribs and sweet potato casserole
Monday- Teriyaki tacos with white rice
Tuesday- Marinated london broil (ended up not having last week) with l/o sweet potato
Wednesday- Chicken cutlets (sides TBD)
Thursday- Sloppy joes with fries and onion rings
Friday- Heading to my mom's to take her to see Elf at a local theatre so whatever she has on the menu

Sunday - chicken scaloppine
Monday- chili
Tuesday- tacos
Wednesday crockpot beef and noodles
Thursday - Italian sausages and peppers over rice

Sunday - chicken scaloppine
Monday- chili
Tuesday- tacos
Wednesday crockpot beef and noodles
Thursday - Italian sausages and peppers over rice
I looked up chicken scaloppine. It sounds a lot like piccata which we love. I’m going to try it!

Mon - Fried Shrimp, Fries, Cole Slaw-
16-20 Ct Raw Peeled & Deveined 2 LB. Bag $11.99- Aldi Fries In The Fry Daddy-Cole Slaw From
Local Restaurant.

Tue - Steak & Salad-NY Strips $7.99 LB. In A Cast Iron Pan-Salad $2 A Bag W/The Last Of The
Homegrown Tomato's Which We Picked Green Before Closing The Garden.

Wed - Turkey Gruel W/Homemade Bread, Apples W/Dip-Turkey Gruel Is All The Thanksgiving
Leftovers-Turkey,Gravy,Stuffing,Mashed Potatoes,Corn&The Stock From The Bones & Frozen.
Homemade Bread Made With King Arthur Flour $2.99 5 Lb. Bag On Sale, Great Website.
Apples $1.99 For 3 LB. Bag W/Cream Cheese-$.99 8 Oz W/Brown Sugar & Vanilla.

Thu - BBQ Pork Ribs, Baked Beans, Tots, Ribs $1.99 LB. Beans From Local Store $1.99 LB. Aldi Tots.

Fri - Freezer Pizza, Assorted Pizza Leftovers That We Froze.

Sat - Army Vs Navy Game, Hot Dogs W/Aldi Fries In The Fry Daddy. Go Army Beat Navy!

Sun -Marinated Pork Tenderloin, Teriyaki Noodles, Green Beans, Smithfield Tenderloin BOGO 2/$8.49,
Knorr's Teriyaki Noodles $.99, Home Grown Frozen Green Beans

Mon - Fried Shrimp, Fries, Cole Slaw-
16-20 Ct Raw Peeled & Deveined 2 LB. Bag $11.99- Aldi Fries In The Fry Daddy-Cole Slaw From
Local Restaurant.

Tue - Steak & Salad-NY Strips $7.99 LB. In A Cast Iron Pan-Salad $2 A Bag W/The Last Of The
Homegrown Tomato's Which We Picked Green Before Closing The Garden.

Wed - Turkey Gruel W/Homemade Bread, Apples W/Dip-Turkey Gruel Is All The Thanksgiving
Leftovers-Turkey,Gravy,Stuffing,Mashed Potatoes,Corn&The Stock From The Bones & Frozen.
Homemade Bread Made With King Arthur Flour $2.99 5 Lb. Bag On Sale, Great Website.
Apples $1.99 For 3 LB. Bag W/Cream Cheese-$.99 8 Oz W/Brown Sugar & Vanilla.

Thu - BBQ Pork Ribs, Baked Beans, Tots, Ribs $1.99 LB. Beans From Local Store $1.99 LB. Aldi Tots.

Fri - Freezer Pizza, Assorted Pizza Leftovers That We Froze.

Sat - Army Vs Navy Game, Hot Dogs W/Aldi Fries In The Fry Daddy. Go Army Beat Navy!

Sun -Marinated Pork Tenderloin, Teriyaki Noodles, Green Beans, Smithfield Tenderloin BOGO 2/$8.49,
Knorr's Teriyaki Noodles $.99, Home Grown Frozen Green Beans
Liked for the meal ideas but Go Navy 🏈

Saturday- garlic roasted salmon with Brussel sprouts

Sunday - fig and rosemary skillet chicken

Monday - crockpot taco soup with rice

Tuesday - orecchiette with crispy chickpeas and spinach

Wednesday - I have Bunco, so I will eat there. I got a pizza from Aldi for dh and the boys to eat

Thursday - gumbo that I fix in the crockpot

Friday - I’m having a group of people over right after work for drinks and heavy appetizers. Then dh and I are going to a friend’s house for dinner.

Sunday- Chicken cutlets
Then no particular order figured out yet:
Pasta with bolognese sauce (Ina Garten's easy weeknight recipe) or Vodka sauce
Crockpot beef stew
Either sausage and peppers or sheet pan fajita chicken (both recipes use the peppers and onions so just need to pick the protein)
Might include sloppy joes (never made them last week- had too many leftovers so depending on leftover situation this week)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter