Eat at Home 3!

Behind this week.
Monday - ate late lunch at in laws then traveled home from New Year's get together;
Tuesday - Chicken nuggets, salad;
Wednesday - Ham and cheese hoagies, chips;
Thursday - leftover ham from Christmas, green bean casserole, bread;
Friday - not sure. May go out since it's payday. May order pizza depending on how tired we are.
Saturday - whatever we pick up on our weekly grocery order.

Tonight- grilled salmon with a homemade yum yum sauce, rice, roasted mixed veggies

Sat- grilled steaks, baked potatoes, salad, leftover veggies

Sun - pasta fagoli soup

Mon - tomato feta baked spaghetti squash

Tues - tacos and Mexican rice

Wed - fajita shrimp rice bowls

Thurs - spaghetti with marinara

Fri - back to the grocery

Next up:

Chicken legs
Steak
Omelettes
Pork chops
Salad
Pizza
Hamburgers

I think listing our meals is helping with using the freezer and not overspending at the store.😁

Snowy and wintry mix today = crockpot beef stew and crescent rolls
Sunday - chicken cutlets with pasta
Next week TBD...need to dig around in the freezer for proteins and make a plan by tomorrow (trying to avoid grocery shopping until at least Wednesday, but maybe through to saturday)

This week...
Went to the grocery store and got some chicken breasts, fruit/veggies, hoagie rolls and a few other things.
Sunday (today) - early dinner of ham and cheese hoagies using ham from Christmas (probably have 1 more meal of that stuff) then had a bowl of cereal later;
Monday - chicken alfredo with a new alfredo recipe my boss' wife gave me (I'm allergic to corn starch, and hers has no corn starch, so we're going to try it), salad and bread;
Tuesday - chicken fajitas using leftover chicken from night before, salad (for me, wife doesn't eat veggies), rice;
Wednesday - beef soft tacos (using rest of tortillas) and leftover rice from night before;
Thursday - not sure yet. Maybe some leftover spaghetti we froze after we cooked it in December, bread and salad.
Friday - our one dinner out for the week.

Monday - Chicken cutlets (DH fave and he uses the leftovers cut up in salads during the week)
Tuesday- tortellini with butter for me, penne for DH with vodka sauce
Wednesday- Teriyaki tacos with rice
Thursday- Marinated London Broil with roasted potatoes
Friday- Diner with mom and dad in South Jersey
Saturday- my side of the family having Christmas at my parents- cheese and crackers for snack... turkey, sweet potato casserole, mashed potatoes, corn, other assorted veggies for dinner....cake and munchkins for dessert

Sunday- paninis (chicken parm for me and my son, chicken pesto for DH), salad
Tonight- penne parma rosa, garlic knots, cucumbers
Tomorrow- calzones, salad
Wednesday- orange chicken, white rice, green beans
Thursday- I work late, so IDK what they'll do
Friday- I have a Dr appointment at 5:15, so likely out after
Saturday- something from the freezer (I keep a stock of easy meals for nights I don't want to cook)

Sunday- paninis (chicken parm for me and my son, chicken pesto for DH), salad
Tonight- penne parma rosa, garlic knots, cucumbers
Tomorrow- calzones, salad
Wednesday- orange chicken, white rice, green beans
Thursday- I work late, so IDK what they'll do
Friday- I have a Dr appointment at 5:15, so likely out after
Saturday- something from the freezer (I keep a stock of easy meals for nights I don't want to cook)
Do you have a recipe for orange chicken? That sounds like something DH and I would like and a bit of a change. TIA!

Tonight - shrimp, french fries, salad
Sat - We are going out of town for the night
Sun - chicken scallopine, angel hair pasta, broccoli
Mon - meatloaf, mashed potatoes, green beans
Tues - vegetable beef soup, garlic cheddar biscuits
Wed - chil dogs, tater tots
Thurs - chicken noodle soup

Step forward/step back!

We went to the store today after eating out the last couple of nights (step back). Sad thing we spent nearly as much at grocery store ($130) that we have on eating out the past 2 days ($140). That's what's sad. But those were the only 2 days we ate out this week, so that's a step forward.

We're due a huge temperature drop (it went from 61 at 3 p.m. to 31 at 6 p.m). And it's just supposed to get worse over the next couple of days here in DFW. It'll be in the teens tomorrow morning with a high in the low 20s, even colder low for Monday with about the same high and low of single digits with high of 28 on Tuesday.

Supposed to be about 84 straight hours below freezing. We've got faucets covered, all the laundry done and done everything we can to prep for the cold temps. Supposed to get some freezing rain/sleet/show tomorrow and into Monday, and we're hoping, hoping, we don't get enough precipitation to weigh down the power lines to where we lose power and waste all this money we just spent at the store.

If we have to, I guess we could put some of the cold stuff in a cooler on the back porch since it's not supposed to be above 28 until Wednesday morning. But hopefully it doesn't come to that. So without further adieu, here's this week's menu

Sunday - make a big pot of chili to eat during the Cowboys game with crackers (me) and Fritos (for DW since I'm allergic to corn);
Monday - have leftover Chili made as Frito pies;
Tuesday - possibly leftover chili. If it's gone, we'll have chicken fajitas and rice;
Wednesday - church/choir practice night, so maybe cereal or toast;
Thursday - sausage alfredo (smoked sausage and homemade alfredo since I can't have it with corn starch);
Friday - ham steak, green bean casserole, potatos au gratin;
Saturday - leftovers from the week.

Going to try to better ourselves from eating out 2 days to maybe just 1. Little steps.

I tend to start the week strong then run out of ideas/energy by the end of the week. Hoping this helps to keep me on track.

Sunday: baked stuffed shrimp with baked potatoes and peas

Monday: burrito bowls

Tuesday: broccoli and cheese stuffed chicken with rice pilaf and corn

Wednesday: slow cooked teriyaki chicken with rice and broccoli

Thursday: quiche with spinach, cheddar, and bacon with hash browns

Friday: chicken cesar wraps with fries

Last edited:
Monday - planned on Chinese take out but we had left overs that needed to be used up so stuck to our 2 month eat at home challenge for one more day!
Tuesday- Teriyaki tacos with rice
Wednesday- Steaks, home made popovers, baked potatoes
Thursday- Trying out that orange chicken recipe posted a few above this and rice
Friday- DH and I are taking my mom to see a local play, she will probably want to eat at the diner before (not counting that against our eat only at home challenge)

We’ve got Covid so not a lot of meal planning this week.
omelettes, tea and toast and soup have pretty much been it!
Living vicariously through you guys !

I like threads like this for the inspiration. I’ll join in sharing our meal plan.

Saturday - homemade pizza
Sunday - slow cooker pulled pork, Mac and cheese, green bean salad
Monday - turkey cottage pie
Tuesday - cheeseburgers and fries or tots
Wednesday - spaghetti amatriciana
Thursday - loaded baked potatoes
Friday - fast food or sandwiches, the kid has activities until after 8

I like threads like this for the inspiration. I’ll join in sharing our meal plan.

Saturday - homemade pizza
Sunday - slow cooker pulled pork, Mac and cheese, green bean salad
Monday - turkey cottage pie
Tuesday - cheeseburgers and fries or tots
Wednesday - spaghetti amatriciana
Thursday - loaded baked potatoes
Friday - fast food or sandwiches, the kid has activities until after 8
I’m going to look up spaghetti amatriciana. I don’t know that one!

This is the week done vs the week ahead...everything was shopped on sale at some point (with many proteins from my freezer and the fresh produce the loss leaders from the 2 stores I shopped at and a leftover monthly farm box)

Sunday - Homemade leek and egg fried rice (from leftover Chinese white and fried rice containers we never eat during takeout Saturday plus a little extra microwave white rice), roasted baby broccoli, raspberries and clementines
Monday - Meatloaf, roasted baby carrots, strawberries
Tuesday - Perdue chicken breast sandwiches with lettuce/tomato/onion, avocado/cucumber/scallion salad, blackberries and strawberries
Wednesday - Aldi's Beef Tenderloin, Homemade Sourdough biscuits (my kid made them), spinach/mushroom/onion saute, blueberries and clementines
Thursday - Pesto baked fresh salmon filet (change from my plan of falafal, but I shopped today and salmon was 40% off and under $7/lb fresh, so it's my always buy and make price - falafal will be this week), roasted pesto zucchini, bacon wrapped dates and figs, bakery Italian bread
Friday - Lomo Saltado (Peruvian Beef Stir Fry - from my kids' cooking class - but we skipped the fries/rice) over bakery french bread with blueberry, pomegranate, and green grape salad
Saturday - Dinner at my friend's house - I'm making roasted cauliflower, roasted carrots, and bananas in coconut milk for dessert at her house - my friend always does the mains - this is for a house with all top allergies, so it tends to be a meat/produce day

No eating out this week b/c we go every 2 weeks now with prices...and technically, we did Chinese takeout last week to make it cheaper - we haven't actually "sat down" since before New Year's...

Edit to Add: Kid is actually making our hummus falafal sandwiches for lunch today, since we know a meat fiesta is coming. Win/win - all the items for it are here and now won't go bad (I have rolls, tomato, cucumber, lettuce, onion, and some leftover white sauce from Halal Guys and Yum Yum sauce, depending what kids want) and I don't have to make it...and there's only one mess to clean up for lunch vs 4 kid messes and my spouse's mess...

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter