• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Eat at Home 3!

Tonight..
Baked chicken thighs, broccoli cheese rice and broccoli.

Monday.. leftover spaghetti pie

Tuesday.. Breakfast for dinner

Wednesday.. Sirloin Burgers, potatoes and carrots

Then for Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday it will be take out and restaurants because of a basketball tournament. Ugh. Neither my wallet or my stomach is going to be happy about that.:worried:

I'm in the process of cooking 2 pork roasts with rice and gravy, green beans and cauliflower. That will be for tomorrow and Tuesday.

Wednesday: baked chicken with Parmesan potatoes
Thursday: chicken spaghetti
Friday: either crawfish étouffée or crawfish fettuccine

Sunday: Rotissiere Chicken with salad and Tortilla Soup
Monday: Roast with potatoes, onions, carrots and Cheesy Biscuits (I'm trying the campbells slow cooker sauces since I had a coupon)
Tuesday: Leftover Roast with Ranch Salad
Wednesday: Chicken Nachos with Crema Mexicana
Thursday: Hamburger Soup

Have a great week ahead!

Here's the plan for the week:
Hamburgers, rice/black bean salad
Homemade pizza with sausage, caramelized onion, mascarpone
Mushroom masala pasta with sausage
Pork carnitas tacos
Butter chicken in the crockpot
Spinach stuffed shells

Sunday- chicken and cheese quesadillas
Monday- London Broil in crockpot, rotini noodles with cheese and broccoli, green beans and pineapple
Tuesday- Grilled cheese
Wednesday-? Baseball practice so not sure yet
Thursday- breakfast for dinner
Friday- grilled chicken, rice, corn, pears

Spent too much $ over weekend on out to eat! Friday-went to dinner with a friend $20.00, DH took boys to fast food- $10.00 and then we all went out Sat night $40.00... :(

This week!

Sunday: Steaks, baked sweet potatoes, asparagus
Monday: Shrimp, zucchini fritters, salad
Tuesday: chicken parm (w/o parm!), marinara, zucchini noodles, broccoli
Wednesday: meatballs, marinara, zucchini noodles, salad
Thursday: pork chops with mushroom gravy, cauliflower mashed "faux"tatoes, brussels sprouts with bacon
Friday: beef fajita salad with grilled onions & peppers, guacamole and salsa, grilled pineapple
Saturday: grilled chicken, grilled veggies (whatever is left or cheap at the store when I make another run), salad

Please oh please tell me how you manage to make cauliflower rice not just a pile of mush? As a Paleo eater, I love the idea of cauliflower rice but mine is always just nasty in the end. I've tried steaming, boiling, roasting, ricing before and after cooking and it just always seems so wet. Ugh. Any tips or your method for this would be greatly appreciated.

I'm still perfecting my technique, because I also have this issue. I have found these things helpful:
-cut the raw cauliflower into uniform florets ("tree tops" only, discard or reserve the stems for something else - they won't pulse in the food processor at the same rate and you'll end up with mush)
-PULSE the cauliflower only. Don't be tempted to let it run, it will get over-processed very quickly.
-Don't to it all at once. Work in small batches.
-To cook, I use a large pan/skillet so I can spread it all in an even layer. Heat a little tiny bit of oil (just enough to coat the bottom of the pan) over medium or medium high (my dial goes to 10, I usually set it at the 6 or a hair higher).
-Add in some minced onions and garlic for flavor (I try to avoid salt here, because that draws the liquid from the veggies and can make them mushier) and let them brown a little, then add in your cauliflower. Gently stir it all up and then gently spread it evenly across the bottom of the pan. Let it cook for a couple of minutes. Stir and spread again, cook another couple of minutes. I don't cover/steam it like a lot of recipes I've seen say to, because I find that to make it mushier.

This seems to work pretty well for dinner that night, but any leftovers get mushy in the fridge. I wish I could make a lot ahead of time since it's such a pain and makes my kitchen so messy, but oh well. Good luck!

PS - yay for a fellow Paleo eater! Are there more of us on the Dis??

Tonight..
Baked chicken thighs, broccoli cheese rice and broccoli.

Monday.. leftover spaghetti pie

Tuesday.. Breakfast for dinner

Wednesday.. Sirloin Burgers, potatoes and carrots

Then for Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday it will be take out and restaurants because of a basketball tournament. Ugh. Neither my wallet or my stomach is going to be happy about that.:worried:

LOVE breakfast for dinner. I wish my DH felt the same. Haha

Sunday: Rotissiere Chicken with salad and Tortilla Soup
Monday: Roast with potatoes, onions, carrots and Cheesy Biscuits (I'm trying the campbells slow cooker sauces since I had a coupon)
Tuesday: Leftover Roast with Ranch Salad
Wednesday: Chicken Nachos with Crema Mexicana
Thursday: Hamburger Soup

Hamburger soup sounds yummy! Care to share the recipe?

Tonight: burgers and salad
Tues: chicken and noodles, salad
Wed: pasta casserole, salad or frozen veg
Thurs: soup and grilled cheese sammies, veggie tray
Fri: schnitzel and noodles, not sure of veg
Sat: pizza for DS's 9th birthday
Sun: souvlaki and rice

**Family travelling up for my son's birthday so the weekend meals may change!

HI everyone, wow thread #3!!! thanks for starting this one!
this week is the Hubs, Myself and DS.. however it all may change depending on my Gram's health (she isn't doing well at all on 2/15 she had a 2 hr seizure and wasn't expected to make the night but here it is over a week later and she is still hanging in there)

Sunday - my DS's Hockey Banquet at a local seafood place YUM
tonight - Shepard's pie and Pillsbury italian loaf
Tues - Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Wed - French's crunchy onion chicken, garlic shells, green beans
Thurs - DS - HBH cheeseburger mac, Me and Hubs - will have stuffed zucchini and pepper
Friday - I'll have fish tacos and the boys will have pizza
Saturday - out for Chinese
Sunday - ??

Just back from 8 glorious nights at WDW!!! Back to cooking and NOT having dessert with every meal.

Tonight...chicken legs, stove top stuffing, fruit salad

Rest of the week, in no particular order, because I cannot stick to a plan
*beef stew in crock pot, biscuits
*pulled pork
*pork chops
*grilled chicken sandwiches
*homemade pizza- barbeque chicken and buffalo chicken, probably a veggie too
*hamburger soup, sandwhiches

We just returned from Spring break week. Time to get back to my meal planning.

Yesterday: Sandwiches and fruit

Monday: Spaghetti and homemade meatballs, whole clove garlic bread, asparagus

Tuesday: Hamburger foil dinner ( ground beef, potatoes, green pepper, carrots and onions), salad

Wednesday: Beef and Broccoli, chicken egg rolls

Thursday: Chicken tacos, refried beans, guacamole and chips

Friday: Crawfish stew and green peas

Have a great week!

Saturday we had pizza from my favorite italian bakery/deli

Last night we had beef and veggie stir fry

Tonight was hot dogs with chips and fruit

Hamburger soup sounds yummy! Care to share the recipe?

Of course :). I often double this and make enough to freeze several dinners.

1.5 pounds of lean ground beef
2 large potatoes cut into cubes
2 stalks of celery sliced
salt and pepper to taste
1 small onion diced (I normally put them in the food processor)
3 beef bouillon cubes
1 can of whole kernel corn
2 carrots sliced
1 can of condensed tomato soup
1.5 cups of water
1 can of petite diced tomatoes

Place ground beef in a large skillet, cook over med-high heat until brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.

Put a layer of potatoes in the bottom of slow cooker. Sprinkle celery over potatoes and cover with a layer of ground beef.

Season each layer with salt and pepper to taste. Throw in carrots, onions, tomatoes and corn. Mix together the tomato soup and water with beef bouillon cubes and pour over the top. Cook on low for 7 hours.

So I only have a few days planned. Let's start with yesterday. :)

Tuesday- Chicken and Yellow Rice in the crockpot (SO good and simple!)

Wednesday- Spaghetti made with sausage. My husband's favorite!

Thursday- Chicken and Dumplings in the crockpot. Yum!

I love this thread! I'm new here and I keep coming back to it. :wave2:

Of course :). I often double this and make enough to freeze several dinners.

1.5 pounds of lean ground beef
2 large potatoes cut into cubes
2 stalks of celery sliced
salt and pepper to taste
1 small onion diced (I normally put them in the food processor)
3 beef bouillon cubes
1 can of whole kernel corn
2 carrots sliced
1 can of condensed tomato soup
1.5 cups of water
1 can of petite diced tomatoes

Place ground beef in a large skillet, cook over med-high heat until brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.

Put a layer of potatoes in the bottom of slow cooker. Sprinkle celery over potatoes and cover with a layer of ground beef.

Season each layer with salt and pepper to taste. Throw in carrots, onions, tomatoes and corn. Mix together the tomato soup and water with beef bouillon cubes and pour over the top. Cook on low for 7 hours.

Yummy! Thanks :)

Last night I went out with friends to Olive Garden.

Tonight I made buttermilk fried chicken with garlic mashed potatoes, asparagus, and corn

Saturday we had pizza from my favorite italian bakery/deli

Last night we had beef and veggie stir fry

Tonight was hot dogs with chips and fruit

Charming, may I ask please what kind of beef do you buy for the stir fry? I tried a beef stir fry once and I think the recipe called for flank steak. MAN, was that expensive! I think it was $8 pound! I guess I'm just used to chicken breast price of $2.29 lb.

Monday was Turkey and dressing mashed potatoes green beans
Tuesday -leftovers
Wednesday Catfish , fries, fruit
Thursday Baked pork chops, peas corn on cob
Friday -leftovers
Saturday - Pizza
Sunday - not sure

I am froze some the turkey so make sandwiches when gets wild when I want have time to cook

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter