• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Eat at Home 3!

Did my shopping today, so gonna post the next week...

Sun - (2) Domino's 6.99 large 2 topping pizza deal for kids and spouse with Taylor Farms Green Goddess plant-based salad bag (aka, a Safeway one I can eat) and raspberries and grapes. My spouse may grab me an McD double hamburger with lettuce and onion or I may have leftovers with the family sides. Not sure yet...
Mon - Aldi's (new) Beef Brisket, mashed potatoes or mashed sweet potatoes, strawberries and kiwi
Tues - Taco Tuesday - Safeway had the whole grain taco shells 75% off, so it will be our 1st hard tacos in awhile - ground beef tacos (Aldi's 93% beef), lettuce, tomato, salsa, cheese, sour cream, and either diced avocado or homemade guac with sliced oranges and blackberries
Wed - Aldi's Chicken Breast sandwiches with lettuce, tomato, onion and BBQ sauce, cucumber avocado salad, fresh pineapple spears
Thurs - Pasta night - Leaning (HMart frozen deshelled) mussels in arrabiata sauce or white wine garlic sauce over spaghetti, roasted zucchini, blueberries and orange slices (which will also be Friday)
Fri - EDIT: Son asked for burgers, so it will be burgers with all the fixin's, bagged fries, and berries - so, fries are changed for Saturday
Sat - Lunch out for a special occasion, so dinner will be light - BLTAs, roasted carrots, and fruit (whatever I have left before shopping)

Last edited:

Mon - Aldi's (new) Beef Brisket, mashed potatoes or mashed sweet potatoes, strawberries and kiwi
1706386550758.png
Is this the Aldi's Beef Brisket? How do you prepare it? I can't find a way to blow up the cooking directions to read it.

View attachment 829137
Is this the Aldi's Beef Brisket? How do you prepare it? I can't find a way to blow up the cooking directions to read it.

Nope, it's the one in this video (seems there's not a pic online yet that's easy to grab).

Real brisket, not corned beef brisket...

And I'm gonna follow the directions for my oven - water container and 6 hours at 250 - I think it's 2 uncovered and 4 covered - since I have to be home Monday, the long time won't matter, and it's pretty hand's off, so I figured I'd try it for beef that was under $5.50/lb...

Last edited:
Nope, it's the one in this video (seems there's not a pic online yet that's easy to grab).

Real brisket, not corned beef brisket...

And I'm gonna follow the directions for my oven - water container and 6 hours at 250 - I think it's 2 uncovered and 4 covered - since I have to be home Monday, the long time won't matter, and it's pretty hand's off, so I figured I'd try it for beef that was under $5.50/lb...

Thanks! I"ll have to watch for that!

If I knew being an adult was just figuring out what is for dinner every night I may have passed. 😂

Sunday - crockpot sticky chicken with green beans and mashed potatoes
Monday - breakfast for dinner, waffles with hash browns, strawberries and bacon
Tuesday- chicken pot pie with rice
Wednesday- Mac and cheese with salad
Thursday- chicken (thin breasts) rolled and stuffed with stuffing, rice pilaf and roasted carrots
Friday - pizza and salad.

Today: Buffet of leftovers- your choice for lunch and dinner :rolleyes1
Monday: Chicken cutlets (sides TBD)
Tuesday: Tacos
Wednesday: Marinated london broil with mashed or roasted potates
Thursday: sloppy joes w/ fries and onion rings (they keep getting pushed off the menu but i have ground beef i need to use up so they are getting made this week!)
Friday: Leftovers or tortellini

Today: pasta Alfredo, mine with spinach that needs to be used up
Tuesday: baked sausage and potatoes with vinegar peppers, roasted carrots
Wednesday: sandwiches and fruit (kid has dance until 7:15)
Thursday: slow cooker chicken tikka masala with rice and cucumber salad
Friday: takeout (dance until 8:15)
Saturday: homemade pizza
Sunday: Mac and cheese, some kind of veg

today hubby is making Toad in the Hole with British bangers and mashed potatoes
Tues tacos
Wed Spaghetti and meatballs
Thu Peruvian chicken with rice and beans
Fri Leftovers
Sat Chinese Fake Out
Sun roast pork loin with potatoes and carrots and home made apple sauce

If I knew being an adult was just figuring out what is for dinner every night I may have passed. 😂

Sunday - crockpot sticky chicken with green beans and mashed potatoes
Monday - breakfast for dinner, waffles with hash browns, strawberries and bacon
Tuesday- chicken pot pie with rice
Wednesday- Mac and cheese with salad
Thursday- chicken (thin breasts) rolled and stuffed with stuffing, rice pilaf and roasted carrots
Friday - pizza and salad.
Would you please share your crockpot sticky chicken recipe?
I have been trying to use it more. It helps when I am busy at work!
BTW breakfast for supper is my favorite!

Tonight- chicken empanadas (first time making them- came out so good!), corn salad
Tomorrow- tomato pesto pasta
Wed- crockpot bbq ribs, mac and cheese, salad
Thur- eggplant parm, roasted potatoes and green beans
Fri- BBQ chicken pizza, salad
Sat- Out for my mom's bday dinner

Would you please share your crockpot sticky chicken recipe?
I have been trying to use it more. It helps when I am busy at work!
BTW breakfast for supper is my favorite!
Happy to share. I will say I have no idea why it’s named sticky chicken, the recipe is from a friend. It is surprisingly flavorful as I find some things I make in the crockpot to be bland.

One whole chicken
One onion
Rub for chicken
2 tablespoons salt
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoons cayenne
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

Mix all the spices and rub the whole chicken (I lift the skin on the breast and do over and under the skin.) Any leftover rub I put in the cavity. Let the chicken sit overnight. I use a crockpot liner to make clean up easy so I put the chicken in that, seal with a twist tie and put on a plate in the fridge overnight

The next day dice the onion and place in the chicken cavity. Cook on low 8-9 hours.

You do not need any liquid. The only downside is the skin is not crispy but I usually remove mine even on baked chicken. They chicken may fall apart when you remove it.

Happy to share. I will say I have no idea why it’s named sticky chicken, the recipe is from a friend. It is surprisingly flavorful as I find some things I make in the crockpot to be bland.

One whole chicken
One onion
Rub for chicken
2 tablespoons salt
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoons cayenne
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

Mix all the spices and rub the whole chicken (I lift the skin on the breast and do over and under the skin.) Any leftover rub I put in the cavity. Let the chicken sit overnight. I use a crockpot liner to make clean up easy so I put the chicken in that, seal with a twist tie and put on a plate in the fridge overnight

The next day dice the onion and place in the chicken cavity. Cook on low 8-9 hours.

You do not need any liquid. The only downside is the skin is not crispy but I usually remove mine even on baked chicken. They chicken may fall apart when you remove it.
Thanks so much!

I like the idea of this thread!
We like to plan ahead but am already off for this week :(
Last week it was helpful for us to have "egg cups" made ahead, and then just a piece of sourdough toast added and we have a healthy breakfast ready to go. I work from home part time so if I don't eat in the am, its noon before I can!

Egg Cups
-curl 1/2 slice thin ham in each section of a sprayed cupcake pan ( we use Applegate farms)
-drop one egg in each
-add whatever cooked veggies you like ( mushroom/peppers/onion all hold up well)
-sprinkle a little cheese if you like ( we do cheese on half of them).
-Bake at 450 until whites are done, about 15-20 minutes
Store in fridge and warm up in the am!

Sunday: BBQ pulled pork sandwiches, potato salad
Last Night: Taco bar
Tonight: Roast (already in the crockpot)
Tomorrow: Lasagna
Thursday: Crockpot chili
Friday: Crockpot shortribs
Saturday: Homemade pizza

Should only need to grocery shop for milk and fresh produce to make it through the week.

Sun - (2) Domino's 6.99 large 2 topping pizza deal for kids and spouse with Taylor Farms Green Goddess plant-based salad bag (aka, a Safeway one I can eat) and raspberries and grapes. My spouse may grab me an McD double hamburger with lettuce and onion or I may have leftovers with the family sides. Not sure yet...
Tues - Taco Tuesday - Safeway had the whole grain taco shells 75% off, so it will be our 1st hard tacos in awhile - ground beef tacos (Aldi's 93% beef), lettuce, tomato, salsa, cheese, sour cream, and either diced avocado or homemade guac with sliced oranges and blackberries
Wed - Aldi's Chicken Breast sandwiches with lettuce, tomato, onion and BBQ sauce, cucumber avocado salad, fresh pineapple spears
Thurs - Pasta night - Leaning (HMart frozen deshelled) mussels in arrabiata sauce or white wine garlic sauce over spaghetti, roasted zucchini, blueberries and orange slices (which will also be Friday)
Fri - EDIT: Son asked for burgers, so it will be burgers with all the fixin's, bagged fries, and berries - so, fries are changed for Saturday
Sat - Lunch out for a special occasion, so dinner will be light - BLTAs, roasted carrots, and fruit (whatever I have left before shopping)

Switched pasta night Th and taco night Tues (and pasta night was a hit Tues with the mussels in arrabiata). But now I have no lettuce left, so I'm gonna skip tacos again tomorrow and make a dairy free western quiche (we call it egg pie b/c it's double the eggs and half the "milk" with rice milk of what a quiche is) with maple and cayenne glazed bacon wrapped plantains (those are all 4 ingredients, so it's that simple) and pineapple and blueberries (forgot the pineapple tonight for other fruit, so it will be tomorrow). Pretty much ran the rest of the week as is, so not bad planning...and at some point, we'll eat actual tacos...

Sat - eating out

Sun - teriyaki salmon bowls

Mon - smoked sausage/cabbage skillet, mashed potatoes. We were going to have smoked sausage last week, but it got bumped.

Tues - crockpot lentil soup

Wed- one pot chicken and dirty rice

Thurs - baked flounder, roasted vegetables

I think I've settled on:

Sunday- BJs rotisserie chicken w/ homemade mashed potatoes and gravy
Monday- Use up the rest of the tortellini and sauce
Tuesday- Fried chicken cutlets (DH's favorite so he can decide if he wants as a sandwich or with rice or whatever)
Wednesday- Crock pot sausage, peppers & onions (same DH can decide if he wants it as a sandwich or with rice)
Thursday- Teriyaki tacos with rice
Friday- Leftovers/whatever is around the house

Meals for this week

Tonight Philly cheesesteak sloppy joes.

Tomorrow Pizza for lunch. Either grab from the refrigerator or BJs chicken for dinner.

Monday Steak and potatoes

Tuesday stuffed pork chops

Wednesday gumbo fron the chicken

Thursday Mississippi pot roast

Meals for this week

Tonight Philly cheesesteak sloppy joes.

Tomorrow Pizza for lunch. Either grab from the refrigerator or BJs chicken for dinner.

Monday Steak and potatoes

Tuesday stuffed pork chops

Wednesday gumbo fron the chicken

Thursday Mississippi pot roast
Just looked up a recipe for Philly cheesesteak sloppy joes - definitely going to try them this week, they sound great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter