**Edit: Sales to resume on 1/17** Disneyland to Resume Selling Select Magic Key Pass Today

if we buy new, does the year start day of purchase or first day of use?
FOUND MY ANSWER :-)

Last edited:
We were issued complimentary 1 day 1 park passes in Sept after my son was injured on a ride.
Can that be applied somehow towards the purchase of a magic key?

And currently only a 20 minute wait!
That didn’t last long. Now at over an hour

Don’t remember who it was on here and don’t feel like looking right now that after the sales in November recommended following Scott Gustin on Twitter since that’s how they got alerted to the sale. But a thank you because that’s how I found out myself this morning

I apologize for my confusion - but is there no price difference between a new magic key purchase and a renewal of a magic key?

At under an hour- question I figure this might be a no. But want to ask anyway I’m staying on property in March by sheer coincidence. Is it possible to get a discount for it or get the current discount applied I see online. Or because I booked before having a key am I out of luck

At under an hour- question I figure this might be a no. But want to ask anyway I’m staying on property in March by sheer coincidence. Is it possible to get a discount for it or get the current discount applied I see online. Or because I booked before having a key am I out of luck
If the discount is still active, once you have the Key you could call to see if it might apply. Or, they may be able to cancel and rebook your reservation to one where an active discount would apply.

I apologize for my confusion - but is there no price difference between a new magic key purchase and a renewal of a magic key?
Correct. Disney did away with renewal discounts at DLR pre-Covid. The only upside to renewing is that you don’t have to wait for if/when new sales will begin.

We were issued complimentary 1 day 1 park passes in Sept after my son was injured on a ride.
Can that be applied somehow towards the purchase of a magic key?
There is zero value cash value in ticket as it's comp.

Last edited:
Any experiences today with upgrading your tickets to a magic key? Since the new passes are online only, I'm not sure how to do this!

Got my key! It feels good to be say I’m a holder again after the aggravation and frustration of the part two years personally.

I’ve missed this. Already making reservations for the handful of doctors trips I got coming up.

Any experiences today with upgrading your tickets to a magic key? Since the new passes are online only, I'm not sure how to do this!
Typically that's a window visit there. We have expired tickets with value, but cannot get up to DLR for this so have to wait future usage.

So, a question for y'all. I bought Believe keys as we have the trips to support it this year, but also had a 2-day park hopper ticket already purchased. DL support said they could not do anything with the unused ticket? I thought we could apply the value, but the person I talked to said they cannot do anything now. Does this seem right?

So, a question for y'all. I bought Believe keys as we have the trips to support it this year, but also had a 2-day park hopper ticket already purchased. DL support said they could not do anything with the unused ticket? I thought we could apply the value, but the person I talked to said they cannot do anything now. Does this seem right?
Did you talk to someone today? I also have tickets and this is my concern as I wait in the queue to give them more money...

Did you talk to someone today? I also have tickets and this is my concern as I wait in the queue to give them more money...
Yes. From the last go around I was told to go ahead and get through the queue to buy the keys and then retroactively ask for application of value. This was because the phone lines were swamped. This time I went ahead and bought the keys when I got through the queue, and called in to get the value applied, but the representative told me I was SOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter