Egypt 2011 ***IMPORTANT UPDATE 2/4/11 Post # 190***

figmentfan, do you plan to arrive a day or two before the start of the tour? I'm considering the light show and Alexandria as well. I guess I better decide soon to avail of the pre-night booking at the hotel.

Actually :dogdance: we are getting there 2 days early and staying 1 day late (2 days late would mean some massively ugly layovers coming home... no one flies to our town on Saturday).
We are doing the light show... and a couple viator tours during the pre/post days. DH is even trying to figure out how to squeeze in a dinner cruise on the nile one night.
The pre/post night (comparatively speaking to like Italy or Germany) are amazingly inexpensive for the extra day... it was silly at that point not to.

We are going to be traveling with ABD to Egypt in April 2011. Is anyone else with children under 10 booked yet? We can't wait!

I think there are going to be very, very few children on any of the Egypt trips.

Why do you think this? We were trying to decide on a trip that would have fewer kids since there are no adults only trips, so looking for inside on which trips families would book.

Why do you think this? We were trying to decide on a trip that would have fewer kids since there are no adults only trips, so looking for inside on which trips families would book.

Just conjecture based on the price and safety concerns.

Wish we were going! We signed up for August but cancelled and opted for Peru for 2011--so we'll see how they tweak the Eygpt trip for 2012! (We note that there are few Eygpt trips left on the site, which I assume means they are selling out).

We went to Eygpt as part of a honeymoon cruise about 18 years ago and had armed jeeps following the bus (from port to Cairo--not sure what security was around our hotel where we had lunch, etc). After a while we didn't think anything of it--but of course now as then Egypt wants and needs tourists, so they will be doing all they can to keep it safe. We are now looking at the xmas time trips (2012 hopefully) more due to cooler weather than the safety concerns--and generally, anywhere in the world will always have potential safety issues. Everyone needs to travel at whatever their comfort level is--for me, I'm always just happy to be there!

figmentfan, did you book your extra nights through ABD? They are quoting me $489/ night now!!! :confused3:eek: Maybe I'm too late?

WeLoveABD, when are you booking your Peru trip in 2011?

figmentfan, did you book your extra nights through ABD? They are quoting me $489/ night now!!! :confused3:eek: Maybe I'm too late?

Wow... yeah, we booked through ABD but we also managed to get in before it went way up (although it was "up" from the "low" price)

Although... at the same time... the price for Viva Italia was more than twice what they are quoting you... so I guess it is relative... :headache:

I figured... oh well. I got the lowest price on the Egypt tour and I was just too late to book the extra 2 nights. We just got back from our Med Cruise last week so I wasn't able to follow up the boards. Thanks for the heads up though! I'll be booking the Sound and Light Show as well as the 1-day Alexandria trip through Viator as soon as they offer discounts again. I booked several tours with them before. :)

Just to let skc76 know that we have booked for the April 7 night trip with our 6 yr old daughter. We are hoping there are other children her age and from what I can gather from my discussion with the ABD rep there is at least one other child in the same age range. Given the number of people who have indicated they have booked and the number of children that have been identified I would think the ratio of adults to children would remain fairly constant as the trip fills up. Therefore, I am assuming that there will be a good number of other children as well.

etc48

We booked the April 2011 7 night and did not add any additional nights - I have to be back at work. It is just my DH and I but he acts a like a 9 year old if that helps!

Just to let skc76 know that we have booked for the April 7 night trip with our 6 yr old daughter. We are hoping there are other children her age and from what I can gather from my discussion with the ABD rep there is at least one other child in the same age range. Given the number of people who have indicated they have booked and the number of children that have been identified I would think the ratio of adults to children would remain fairly constant as the trip fills up. Therefore, I am assuming that there will be a good number of other children as well.

etc48
I'm so excited! Our daughter is 6 right now and will have just turned 7 by the time we go on the trip.

We booked the Egypt June 7th family of 4 to hold a spot the rep said it is about 50% filled (21), now I am getting second thoughts about security and heat..I have 14 days to make a final decision. Only time we could make it is beginning of June. Any confidence boosters out there! It sounds like a trip of a lifetime though!

Go for it! Weather wise, who knows--could be very hot in Dec too. There have always been security issues out there--but I assume Disney will be very very thorough re safety concerns. (We went to China in the summer of 2008--very hot then, but the sites were so good, and the guides took care of us--it hardly mattered and certainly didn't spoil the trip; woe to us had we not gone and experienced all that we did!)

I know it's ways off, but I'm just wondering, to those who are going on the 9-night tour... the last dinner on the cruise says to dress up into an Egyptian costume. I am wondering how many will take the extra step and bring costumes for that evening?

Thanks WeLoveABD! We are looking forward to it and trying to get another family to join ours.
Tufbuf I was wondering about that costume party also! Wonder if you rent??? Thanks again guys!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter