Encanto attraction gets more realistic...

Jonfw2

DIS Veteran
Lin Manuel has made his most concrete comments to date on the possibility of an Encanto attraction at Disney Parks. In his words, the Imagineers are working on something...and he said what he proposed (before a movie sequel would be developed, by the way) is a "living" Casita- I am envisioning some kind of Haunted Mansion style ride through of the magical house in the movie.

That would be a neat ride... Maybe something more akin to Mystic Manor from HK with a trackless ride system? I would definitely want to go on that ride...
That's the best fit I feel for an Encanto ride would be a Mystic Manor style dark ride through the different rooms of the casita to really show off the magic of the place. I could see it fitting in well in Adventureland, Fantasyland, or if EPCOT/Animal Kingdom added a land for Columbia/South America. Think it would make a great addition to Animal Kingdom personally. I've thought that changing Dinoland to South America (while keeping a focus on the dinosaurs in areas as many fossils have been discovered there) would be great. Can change Chester and Hester's and theatre in the wild area into an Amazon based area with an Amazon river boat ride, Macaw themed reskin of the Triceratops Spin, and then could add in an Encanto dark ride.

Lin Manuel has made his most concrete comments to date on the possibility of an Encanto attraction at Disney Parks. In his words, the Imagineers are working on something...and he said what he proposed (before a movie sequel would be developed, by the way) is a "living" Casita- I am envisioning some kind of Haunted Mansion style ride through of the magical house in the movie.
This would be PHENOMENAL!! My absolute favorite Disney animation thus far. I love everything about it and especially the powerful message. LOVE Encanto!:love::love::love:

Encanto deserves a proper dark ride. However, I just don't see it happening under the current management. They may try to appease fans by offering some type of budget-friendly Aladdin-like walkthrough attraction. But to do it right would cost $$$$.

Encanto deserves a proper dark ride. However, I just don't see it happening under the current management. They may try to appease fans by offering some type of budget-friendly Aladdin-like walkthrough attraction. But to do it right would cost $$$$.
I don’t think they care if they appease the fans- I think they care if they appease Lin Manuel Miranda.

I don’t think they care if they appease the fans- I think they care if they appease Lin Manuel Miranda.

Really? They're going to change their budget freeze on the domestic parks for Miranda? Yeah, sure. He mentioned he wanted an attraction in EPCOT. I expect something a kin to this:

I do almost wonder if the Tarzan treehouse retheme at Disneyland is going to be a cheap Encanto overlay or not to try to capitalize on it.

I do almost wonder if the Tarzan treehouse retheme at Disneyland is going to be a cheap Encanto overlay or not to try to capitalize on it.
I hope its not but now that you mention it that sounds exactly like what the Disney exec team is all about these days. I think the imagineers could make an amazing attraction in multiple ways for the encanto house but they are severely held back by management.

I really have fallen in love with Encanto and it's such a fun movie however I can't help but think that Coco is the far superior movie in terms of theming and richness of characters and story and it doesn't have any representation yet. BUT at the same time I wouldn't want to lose Three Caballeros as I have a real nostalgic love of that ride. Would love to see Coco get some (non Three Caballeros) love before Encanto. Although again being very realistic Encanto is so much more fun and has Miranda as it's advocate so it definitely gets something before Coco ever does. But like many have said I bet they do it on the cheap and it will leave everyone thinking about how great it could've been instead of what management let's the imagineers actually do.

I really have fallen in love with Encanto and it's such a fun movie however I can't help but think that Coco is the far superior movie in terms of theming and richness of characters and story and it doesn't have any representation yet. BUT at the same time I wouldn't want to lose Three Caballeros as I have a real nostalgic love of that ride. Would love to see Coco get some (non Three Caballeros) love before Encanto. Although again being very realistic Encanto is so much more fun and has Miranda as it's advocate so it definitely gets something before Coco ever does. But like many have said I bet they do it on the cheap and it will leave everyone thinking about how great it could've been instead of what management let's the imagineers actually do.
The lobby area of the Mexico pavilion has those cool Coco window displays, and they do occasionally have the musical show as well.

Really? They're going to change their budget freeze on the domestic parks for Miranda? Yeah, sure. He mentioned he wanted an attraction in EPCOT. I expect something a kin to this:

Disney needs to keep Miranda in good stead. They have made too many mistakes in ticking off the Hollywood elites lately. So yes, it would not surprise me if they cough up a few $$ on a ride to make Miranda happy.

The lobby area of the Mexico pavilion has those cool Coco window displays, and they do occasionally have the musical show as well.
True but again Coco is such a richly made animation it really does deserve more love. But of course the same can be said of many other underrepresented IPs. And I love Miranda so much but there's this feeling of "hey just because he's pushing it and no one did that for Coco you're just gonna cave and give Encanto a a ride first?" I know that sounds silly but that's just the feeling I get.

But hey I love Encanto and it's not like I'd be heartbroken if they made any sort of Encanto attraction!

True but again Coco is such a richly made animation it really does deserve more love. But of course the same can be said of many other underrepresented IPs. And I love Miranda so much but there's this feeling of "hey just because he's pushing it and no one did that for Coco you're just gonna cave and give Encanto a a ride first?" I know that sounds silly but that's just the feeling I get.

But hey I love Encanto and it's not like I'd be heartbroken if they made any sort of Encanto attraction!
Coco is a far, far better film. But I think there's more than just "because Lin Manuel said so" here. Coco is about, for lack of a better word, death. And as much as I know Disney is proud of the film, they may not want to hit that topic too hard in the parks.

I took from it that Lin would like a ride ... another check for him on his resume ... and he talked to Disney about it. But I don't see Disney doing anything with it at this time. Perhaps something like a 3D film attraction would work (Mickey Philharmonic, Bug's Life) where the house effects could be lots of fun. But I think a ride attraction would have to get way creative and complicated to make it work ~ and I don't think Encanto provided a strong enough base for that. The movie didn't even break top 10 for Disney animation. If they want to showcase a new IP there are several above it that could offer ride attractions easier to create and construct.

Disney needs to keep Miranda in good stead. They have made too many mistakes in ticking off the Hollywood elites lately. So yes, it would not surprise me if they cough up a few $$ on a ride to make Miranda happy.
I don't agree with this. He is very talented but his style is very distinct. He doesn't have the same kind of variety that other Disney composers have brought. He can't keep composing if his style doesn't become more broad to adapt to more movies. Disney isn't going to buckle to someone demanding (if he even did) an attraction of all things. Yeah, they will negotiate on salary if the person is someone they really want but attractions need longevity and honestly I don't think Encanto is one of those movies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter