disneyart24

Earning My Ears
Hey first post. Hope I'm in the right place.

Okay but help lol. So we've booked for 22nd April 2024-6th May. In Art of Animation. I thought I was in a decent spot avoiding spring break and Easter. But turns out people are telling me that this is one of the worst/busiest times to go with the Cheer Competitions? Someone actually said "it ruined the disney magic never again" Really? 😭

Someone please give me an honest opinion of what it's like. Should I rebook? I don't even know when to rebook to if I did. We've already out it back once due to a death in the family and weve paid over £7000. I'm reading Disney springs is packed and awful and that soooo many cheerleaders will be everywhere. Would art of animation be a hub for the squads? My 9 year old cheers so I get it. But still if anyone can give me the deal with this I'd appreciate it.

This was always “our time” with my family. I’ve gone during this time too many times to count. Yes, there are cheer groups, but it is still much less crowded than other times I’ve been. If you can handle the cheer crowd, you’ll be fine! It’s definitely my favorite time to go!

This is one of our favourite times to travel too! A sweet spot both crowd and weather wise normally. We didn’t have any challenges with cheer competition.

Hmm, anyone have any experience with Disney Springs crowds with the cheerleading competitions? The first afternoon we arrive I was planning on swinging by Disney Springs for Polite Pig takeout, but I totally forgot that it will be the last day of a major cheerleading competition (at ESPN wide world of sports) - you have me considering going elsewhere! (FWIW, during my research about this time, I read that if you avoid the resorts that the cheerleading competitions are based out of - all star, coronado most commonly but can vary - it's not too bad)

I've read Disney springs is mobbed. But also that it didn't make much difference. Frustrating. I'm the type of person who needs to know exactly what I'm getting into and what to expect. (Autistic spectrum, very annoying lol)

We're in Art of Animation with no chance of changing. I'm reading all of the following " they can be there/they're normally not there/definitely were there when we are" 😭😅

I guess the main thing I should find out is if Art of Animation will be packed out with cheerleaders. I have nothing against them but I'd really rather avoid what I'm reading it's like if they're at your resort. Starting to feel a bit gutted.

I stayed at one of the hilton hotels next to Disney Springs last year when there were a ton of cheer groups there and to be honest it was kind of miserable. The pool was overrun with them from day to night, and they and their parents turned it into a loud, party atmosphere that made me uncomfortable. I don't know that they would do that at an actual Disney resort, but after the experience I had I would avoid staying at any hotel that I knew cheer groups were going to be at.

I stayed at one of the hilton hotels next to Disney Springs last year when there were a ton of cheer groups there and to be honest it was kind of miserable. The pool was overrun with them from day to night, and they and their parents turned it into a loud, party atmosphere that made me uncomfortable. I don't know that they would do that at an actual Disney resort, but after the experience I had I would avoid staying at any hotel that I knew cheer groups were going to be at.
Oh god this is exactly what I don't want to be dealing with to be honest.

I was wondering the same thing. Not that we're going to cancel now. We'll be there from 23 April - 5 May. Although we're staying off-site so won't be bothered by the cheer groups at the hotel, I am worried about the parks. I'll be there with my elderly parents and two children aged 9 and 4 and I hope this doesn't spoil things.

Are there any days the cheer crowds will be higher in the parks? Or time of day? Do they perhaps favour MK and HS? Just trying to come up with a strategy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter