• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

End of Summer celebration! Picture Overload Sept. 2015 TR Last updated 12/7

kar915

Airplanes!
Welcome to my very first Walt Disney World trip report!!

My first trip alone but not first time to Disney. Of course I need a break from work and I chose to take leave to go to the best place on earth, Walt Disney World!!

My format is a work in progress. Looking through the many trip reports and the amount of detail put into these reports is impressive, and will help aid me in completing my report. I'll do my best to give it a go and it will be a work in progress.

My camera, I primarily used was my iPhone 6 plus, surprisingly takes very good pictures. I also used my Canon SX510 Powershot

About me
I'm Kyle, 27, from Northern Chicago suburbs but now live in NW Florida. In military training to fly in the backseat of fighter jets. My interests are airplanes, airplanes, airplanes did I say airplanes, sports (Go Packers and Blackhawks!), geography and Walt Disney World. A lot has to do with how logistically everything and everyone moves about its fascinating.

This is me in front of castle.

Itinerary-(testing to see as I go the days are linked to correct posts, will see)
  • Wednesday: Arrival day, EPCOT, Restaurant Marrakesh
  • Thursday: EMH-Magic Kingdom, Be Our Guest
  • Friday: Hollywood Studios, Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano, Art of Animation visit
  • Saturday: Animal Kingdom, Tusker House
  • Sunday: Magic Kingdom/EPCOT, Crystal Palace, La Hacienda de San Angel
  • Monday: Magic Kingdom, Kona Cafe, Tony's Town Square, Crystal Palace
  • Tuesday: Animal Kingdom Lodge Visit, EPCOT/Magic Kingdom, Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, Boma, Chefs de France
  • Wednesday: Animal Kingdom, Raglan Road Irish Pub
  • Thursday: EPCOT Pre-Food & Wine, Spice Road Table
  • Friday: EPCOT Food & Wine, Tutto Italia Ristorante
  • Saturday: Departure Day

Arrival Day
First a couple of airport pictures of my adventures to the mouse!

Not my particular plane but the exact same kind. Just arriving at Miami airport for transfer.

The many American Airlines planes parked at the long MIA concourse.

American Airlines Boeing 737-800 same type of aircraft I would be traveling on.

Flying over Miami/Palm Beach area on the way to Orlando.

My American Airlines 737 having just arrived at MCO airport.

Waited about ten minutes for the bus to arrive. Getting on the wonderfully easy Magical Express. Waited another ten minutes for a half loaded bus to leave. 3 stops today, Almost everyone got off at Art of Animation except myself (which was at Pop Century) and one young couple that was going to Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Entering Walt Disney World!

Pop Century!

Standard room, lake view 4th floor, 70's buildings

Thanks for reading, part 2 of arrival day coming shortly.

Last edited:
Arrival Day-Part 2 EPCOT
Made my way to Epcot not too long after arriving at Pop, they didn't have my room ready anyways.
Since I thankfully had a few hours to kill before dinner reservation time to wonder around.

192 by Kyle R, on Flickr
192 by Kyle R, on Flickr
194 by Kyle R, on Flickr
Mission Space, I did the orange side. Wow pretty fun but made me have flashbacks to my real training.

Now for the walk around World Showcase. As you will see it decided to rain this afternoon.

197 by Kyle R, on Flickr
198 by Kyle R, on Flickr
199 by Kyle R, on Flickr
200 by Kyle R, on Flickr
201 by Kyle R, on Flickr
202 by Kyle R, on Flickr
203 by Kyle R, on Flickr
206 by Kyle R, on Flickr
208 by Kyle R, on Flickr
209 by Kyle R, on Flickr
210 by Kyle R, on Flickr
211 by Kyle R, on Flickr
212 by Kyle R, on Flickr

First food reservation of the trip was to Restaurant Marrakesh at 6:30, I arrived around 6 and checked in because I skipped lunch and was hungry. It was at least half full and was seated promptly much to my delight.

213 by Kyle R, on Flickr

The menu outside the restaurant.

214 by Kyle R, on Flickr

The menu itself, very colorful.

216 by Kyle R, on Flickr

Main entrees and appetizers...

217 by Kyle R, on Flickr

Moroccan Feasts and desserts page

218 by Kyle R, on Flickr

The beautifully decorated restaurant with small band and bellydancer performing throughout the night.

219 by Kyle R, on Flickr

Warm, soft bread was brought out. I wish I asked for another piece.

220 by Kyle R, on Flickr

I was on the normal dining plan for this trip. I chose the Shish Kebab- grilled tenderloin of beef with mixed vegetables and yellow rice. It was very good, very flavorful. I like beef but the meal was definitely something out of my comfort zone.

221 by Kyle R, on Flickr

Dessert- Bastilla- pastry with vanilla cream sprinkled with cinnamon sugar and toasted almonds. I ate half because it was just bizarre to me. I'm more of a chocolate person.

For some reason I forgot to take a picture of France on this time around.

222 by Kyle R, on Flickr
223 by Kyle R, on Flickr
IMG_3755 by Kyle R, on Flickr
IMG_3756 by Kyle R, on Flickr
224 by Kyle R, on Flickr
225 by Kyle R, on Flickr

Decided to try and get a FastPass for Illuminations and successfully got one. Which is between the two stores as you enter World Showcase from Future World. I stood in 5th in line for about a half hour before they let is in at 8:30. I was able to get right up to the rope in the center of the area for what I would say is show center. I love Illuminations can never get enough of it.

226 by Kyle R, on Flickr

After a long day of traveling and brief adventure to Epcot, arrival day was a success. Stay tuned for Day 1 the Magic Kingdom...

Day 1: Magic Kingdom
Woke up crazy early around 5:30 am got ready and went to eat at Pop Food Court around 6:15, wasn't busy at all. I went to take the bus to Magic Kingdom around 6:40ish, didn't wait more than 10 minutes for bus to show up.

And I was the only one on the bus.

It was Extra Morning/Magic Hours today. By the time they did the welcome show in the front at 7:45, every space was filled between rope drop and the ticket scanners. Once it was over the mad dash began.

Here you can tell where everyone is starting to converge from both sides to go down Main Street

I decided I was going to take some shots of the castle and Main Street. Then headed to Tomorrowland definitely not to Fantasyland where it seemed most people went.

I rode Buzz Lightyear Spin and Space Mountain. I then headed to my first Fastpass Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, wait time well into 1 hour for normal line...yikes. It was 9:20 am. Walked right up to front of Fastpass line, which no one was in. I stood there for all of 10 secs before I was ushered into the line to get into the cars. From time I first scanned magic band to exit ride, it was 9 minutes. Amazing I thought.

Craving a snack and heard about some amazing cinnamon rolls so went to Gaston's Tavern.

It was huge and warm and delicious. I ate the whole thing. After, I headed back to Space mountain for my second Fastpass.

I wandered around and took the railroad to the other side of the park Frontierland to do my third fastpass, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. One of the funnest rides. After the fact, even though I took over 1500 pictures I still didn't think I took enough of what I wanted.

Finally I was getting real hungry and it was time for my lunch reservation at Be Our Guest!

Stood in line to check-in, received a yellow rose. Initially told to stand in right line which was backed up across the bridge. A CM was asking/announcing does anyone have a yellow rose and I got pulled out of line and into left line. Skipping everyone else. I was put into the separate queue with only one couple ahead of me. I had pre-ordered my meal. That is where the CM confirmed my order and asked if I wanted to change anything, and I paid with my quick service credit. I was given my receipt(did not receive a red rose) and told get your drink and find a table and your food will appear by magic.

I chose this room to eat in. Which I don't remember what its called for the moment.

I got my drink and silverware. After a few minutes a CM walked by to ask to look at my receipt, he punched some things into his small ipad and a few minutes later another CM delivered my food from those cool carts. Magic I'll say. I ordered the Braised Pork (Coq Au Vin Style) with mashed potatoes and green beans. The pork was so tender and flavor full and quite a lot too. The mashed potatoes were very good and creamy. The green beans were well.. green beans, which who likes those anyways.

My entree and dessert were both delivered together. My dessert was the Triple Chocolate Cupcake. It was so chocolately, I ate the whole thing.

After I wandered into the other 2 rooms to see what they looked like. It was very busy.

After that delicious late lunch, I walked around checking out shops, and rode Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. I decided that was enough and was really tired and went back to hotel.

My bus back to hotel arriving at Magic Kingdom.

That wraps up Day 1, thanks for reading. Next up will be Hollywood Studios.

Following! Looking forward to the rest of your report as I will be doing my first solo trip in Dec.

Day 2: Disney's Hollywood Studios

Arrived really early to be sure I was at the front for rope drop. Only one on bus again, which I got on around 7:45.

At 8:30 they started to let us in, and everyone quickly moved to the next rope drop area which then let us free at 8:45. I chose to go toward Rock 'n' Roller Coaster.

Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, which I rode 4 times in a row. Used normal standby line, Fastpass, and Single rider line twice. I could never get enough of the accelerated departure it feels like I'm in a jet.

After that had to go towards my next Fastpass which was Star Tours.

Since I was a little too early for the Fastpass, I walked around near Muppets, Pizza Planet and went into a few shops to browse.

After 15 minutes went back over to use my FP for Star Tours, which was a fun action filled ride.

It was time for lunch, I had booked Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano.

Lunch service was barely starting so it was fairly empty at this time. By the time I left though all the tables were full.

After the waiter took my order for drink and entree, he then brought out delicious bread.

I ordered the Charred Strip Steak- with four-cheese baked macaroni, Shallot butter, Chianti wine reduction. AMAZING best steak I've ever had, just everything about this meal was awesome.

After having this awesome meal, walked over to do my last FP which was the Muppet Show 3D.

After that decided I wanted to ride Toy Story Midway Mania but first passed some more of the cool building scenery.

Since I used all 3 FP and none available for Toy Story, I sucked it up and waited in the normal standby line. 70 minute wait, yikes.

It was quite a fun ride. The line took about 60 minutes to get through. Time for another show. I chose to go see the Beauty and the Beast.

Here's what it looks like when a full theater gets let loose after this show.

I had enough of the humidity even though I've become pretty used to it living in Florida.

After waiting 10-15 minutes the bus finally arrived to take me back to POP.

That completes Day 2 for most part, next post I visited Art of Animation across the bridge and walked around the area.

Loving your pictures. I like a TR that makes you feel you're there in person walking through the experience with you.

First and foremost - thank you so much for your service!! Secondly, awesome pics. Enjoying your trip report. Thanks for sharing.

End of Day 2: Art of Animation Resort exploration

I left the park around 4 pm and was tired. I wanted to see what Art of Animation looked like.

First, it began with walking across the Generation Gap Bridge that connects Pop Century and Art of Animation resorts. Barely a 5 minute walk from each others dining halls.

Animation Hall-Lobby/Dining Hall/Store

The Big Blue Pool-between the Finding Nemo buildings

So began my trek around to see all the cool theming, first was to Lion King

At this point I went slightly off course of what I wanted because of a situation I wanted to observe to make sure this lady wasn't going to go to the extreme on her child.

Anyways let's continue to the Little Mermaid section.

Now I walked along the lake back to the cars section.

Back to Finding Nemo section to go back across the bridge.

Art of Animation is themed well, beautiful resort. I actually ate at the dining court and thought it was just slightly above Pop Century's but not by much. I mean you can only get so much with food court food.

Again thanks for reading, comments and critiques greatly appreciated. Day 3 the Animal Kingdom coming soon...

Day 3: Animal Kingdom
https://flic.kr/p/z8tzhs

Finally continuing the report, life is busy.

Today I went to Animal Kingdom. Bright and early the sun was just coming up and I'm already on the bus to the Animal Kingdom. Here it is arriving at Pop Century.
[url=https://flic.kr/p/yTbK4w]

I arrived around 8 am not too many people this early, got an opportunity to get a PhotoPass photographer with no one waiting for once.

Waited second in line behind a nice couple visiting from England. Every time I wear my Wisconsin or Green Bay Packers shirts everyone always comments on it, which I think is funny. [/url]

We were let through the scanners at 8:30 and walked towards the Tree of Life, with the maybe couple hundred people here it doesn't seem too bad as compared to the Magic Kingdom rope drop.
[url=https://flic.kr/p/zbBEbX]

I headed toward the right to go towards Dinoland first. we were stopped just by the tree and the Outfitters Store, until 8:45. They had the cool birds lead the opening and guide the way.

First ride of the day was Dinosaur, behind one family. Awesome!

Fun ride, now off to the land of Asia for my first fastpass of the day Expedition Everest.
On the way passed the Finding Nemo theater.

There it is! Almost another icon on its own. The entrance, lots of people standing around looking lost.

By far the one of the best roller coasters here. Maybe waited 5 minutes and had a blast on this ride. Next was to head all the way to the other side of the park for my next Fastpass the Kilimanjaro Safari but first passed a few places along the way.

Kilimanjaro Safari, always cool to see the animals.

Was seated in the first row which I don't know if it was the best thing. I'll post some pictures that you can actually tell what the animal is. We saw okapi, hippos, ankole cattle, , bongo, mandrill, pelicans, giraffes, wildebeests, zebra, white rhinos, lions, warthogs, elephants, flamingos, cheetah, ostrich. I'm sure we saw more that I can't remember the names for.

There were 3 baby giraffe and at least 3 adults hanging around.

The truck in front of us got stopped by the white rhinos deciding to take their time crossing the road. The baby rhino wouldn't move for at least 5 minutes and we just sat there and watched from afar.

After the rhinos finally cleared away, we started moving again then our truck got stopped by this lovely ostrich. With our driver pushing a little to get close hoping the ostrich would move and it did move out of the way walking a few feet by our truck. We weren't delayed too long.

The rest of the safari was uneventful. It's so fascinating to see all the animals.

After I had some to to explore Pangani Forest Exploration Trail. I went through it somewhat quickly lots of smaller animals and birds.

It was time to use my third fastpass which I chose to see the Festival of the Lion King.

Fastpass is primarily seated in the elephant section.

Awesome show, highly recommend and nice to have break from humidity.
I had to leave quickly and go next door to the Tusker House for my lunch reservation.

This was my first character buffet meal of the trip. I was excited and hungry. It's all you can eat, with some African flavors.

Mickey, Goofy, Donald, and Daisy were all in attendance. To save some picture uploading space, here are all four combined in a collage.

Here is one of my plates was too busy to remember to try and take pictures of the several plates I went and got.

After a fulfilling lunch, I took the Wildlife Express train to go look around Conservation Station. I thought it was pretty cool.

It was approaching 4 pm and I had enough, it was a long day. So made my way back to Discovery Island and on the way out to the bus stop.

Our bus arriving to take me back to hotel.

What a fun day at Animal Kingdom, thanks for reading and commenting always appreciated. Stay tuned for Magic Kingdom/Epcot visit on day 4.
[/url]

Day 4: the Magic Kingdommmm (again), & EPCOT!!

Today woke up bright and early at 6 am to get ready for fun filled park hopping day. I caught one of the first buses to the Magic Kingdom. I had an early 8:15 pre-park opening ADR at Crystal Palace.

I checked in on the left side of the main entrance and waited in line with the rest of the early ADRs. The line started to grow too big so they let is in to the tunnel beneath the train station until 7:55.

They then let us through and the CM's stopped us just before the hub until 8:00. Since I was close to front got some decent shots with minimal people in front of the castle. A couple of us asked if we were allowed to go to Crystal Palace and they let us go that way.

Crystal Palace, the CM were eager and waiting for us to check-in.

I loved being one of the first into the restaurant. I sat at table #81.

Picture with all the characters.

Only plate I got a picture of but did go back for several more plates of food.

Since this ADR was the mainreason to be at MK this morning, I took a few more pictures of Main Street USA, the Castle and slowly made my way out of the park.

Left the bustling MK around 10:00 to go to EPCOT on the monorail

The monorail going around to station arrival.

Security check for bag took about 10 minutes to get through, it was pretty busy.

Time to use my fastpasses, first up was Soarin'

The food court was so busy since it was past 11 and lunchtime to start.

Soarin', probably one of my most favorite rides ever.

Next FP+ was for Captain EO. Talk about being outdated but was cool to see MJ.

Last FP, was to Mission:SPACE, green side.

After Mission Space, I got in single rider line for Test Track. Took about 20 minutes to get through which was my longest that I will have waited for this trip.

Time to wander around the countries. Since it was so hot and humid outside tried as much as possible to go into cool buildings. Today went through Mexico, Norway, China, Germany.

Tonight's dinner ADR was at La Hacienda de San Angel. Checked in at 6:30 for 6:45 reservation. Very crowded lobby with people waiting and was told to wait inside. Finally around 7:05 was seated. They were apologizing to others that they were running behind. I'm very patient and it is quite amusing to watch people complain.

Chips and Salsa was served first, followed later by my order.

Wonderful meal, the wait staff worked hard for the busyness of the place. Finished about 45 minutes before Illuminations. Went and found a spot near Mexico and one of the stores against the railing. I had to make sure the winds were blowing away from me to not obscure my view too much.

Illuminations is just awesome, the best fireworks show Disney has got. Difficult to take pictures of fireworks so I don't even try. This is only picture I took after it finished.

Slowly made my way to Mousegear store to try and have the crowds thin out before heading to the bus. EPCOT is beautiful at night!

After 30-45 minutes looking around decided to leave to head to the bus stop, farthest one for POP Century. Of course second time to happen Pop bus line is at least 3 bus loads of people, AoA 20 people in line. Decided to just go to AoA and walk over I wasn't in mood to wait.

Thanks for reading again! Next part will be Polynesian Resort visit, and Magic Kingdom!

Just can't describe how much I am enjoying your TR. It's about as close to being there as one can get without having a ticket.
Thanks for taking the time and effort to post all this Kyle!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter